Corporate-free Candidate Town Hall
Saturday, February 24, 11:30am
Joyce Beers Community Center
3900 Vermont St., San Diego 92103
What do Gayle McLaughlin, Monica Montgomery, and Josh Jones have in common? They are rejecting corporate contributions in their campaigns for office, AND they will be joining our Town-hall panel!
Join the conversation and learn:
1) From Corporate-Free candidates for a wide array of offices (state-wide to city council) and parties (Greens, Democrats, "independents") who describe why they are running Corporate-Free campaigns and what they have learned.
2) How corporate dominance has crippled progressive change in our economy, environment, health care, education, housing, transportation, and criminal justice system.
3) From Gayle McLaughlin, founder of the Richmond Progressive Alliance (RPA) and candidate for Lt. Governor, on how the Corporate-Free Elections strategy has been wildly successful in not only winning elections but also in making huge progressive political change AFTER winning (e.g., implementing rent control, $15 minimum wage, effective police review, solar energy jobs, stronger emissions standards, taking back the City of Richmond CA from Chevron's control, etc.)
Forming ethical coalitions that stand for peace, human rights, the environment, social justice and prosperity.
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
[SDCPJ] Fw: Sat. 2/24, 11:30am - Corporate-free candidate town hall
Posted by Walter Davis at 4:57 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- [SDCPJ] Four (4) Special San Diego Events recogniz...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: March Events from the Ocean Beach Gre...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Four (4) Special San Diego Events rec...
- [SDCPJ] Working People's Day of Action February 24...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Sat. 2/24, 11:30am - Corporate-free ca...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: MEDIA ADVISORY: CAIR-San Diego, Inte...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: TONIGHT: Monday, Feb. 19 @ 7 PM ~ "I c...
- School Shootings & Psychiatric Drugs—Constitutiona...
- Pro Russian Gun bots Flood Social Media After Mass...
- The Young Turks - Flipping Districts in New Jersey
- 5 Ways to Welcome LBGTQ Employees
- 15 Things You Must Know About Your Credit Score - ...
- Florida Mother Asks President Trump and Congress t...
- Van Jones on Black Panther
- Love Army
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Your Weekly Climate Action Event List
- [SDCPJ] CALL TO ACTION TODAY 6 p.m. AGAINST GUN VI...
- How to Be a Podcasting Super Hero
- [SDCPJ] Congress: Say No to More "Usable" Nuclear ...
- [SDCPJ] Feb. 12 -- 1 Billion Rising Solidarity for...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Get Active with Sierra Club San Diego...
- Stem Cells: Making a Difference in Treating MS
- American Empire: An Act of Collective Madness
- Full Show 11/11/15: How Reaganomics Killed America...
- Jimmy Carter Brilliantly Explains How The Establis...
- Green World Rising
- Nature Is Speaking – Julia Roberts is Mother Natur...
- Walter Davis Social Media Services Overview
- Russian Nuclear Torpedo
- [SDCPJ] Mission Beach Rally Against Trump’s Offsho...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: San Diego Free Press Progressive Acti...
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)
Post a Comment