- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Don't miss Greg Palast in San Diego and
the critical message about avoiding stolen elections!
Hear Palast! Fri, June 30th
July 2nd, Impeachment March
SAVE $10 NOW
Just $10 online, $20 @ the door
Support KNSJ and ASD
Friday, June 30th 7 PM ~
1st Unitarian Church in Hillcrest
Come join fellow progressives to hear Greg Palast speak.
America's Elections are being stolen, manipulated and voters deliberately purged! Learn what we need to do to stop it.
In September Palast released his movie about how Donald Trump and his cronies would steal the 2016 election: "THE BEST DEMOCRACY MONEY CAN BUY." There will also be a shortened screening of his new film
All proceeds for this event support the 89.1 KNSJ radio station and Activist San Diego.400 seats we expect to sell out! Reserve yours at Eventbrite.com - search or click "Voter Fraud: Greg Palast Speaks to San Diego"
Suggested Donation: SAVE $10 NOW $10 online, $20 @ the door ARRIVE EARLY! Doors open at 6 pm
Note: DISCOUNTED ORG TICKETS! If your social justice organization donates $50 it will receive 10 tickets.
Note: FREE TICKETS! If you purchased a ticket to ASD's Counter-Inaugural People's Ball held in Jan. 2017, you get a free ticket) A powerful winter storm prevented keynote speaker Greg Palast making it from LA.
A VIP Reception Greg Palast -
5:30 PM RECEPTION
- WHY WE MARCH -
Donald Trump has been in violation of the Constitution from the day he was sworn into the office of President.
We cannot abide a Congress that turns a blind eye to the constitutional breaches of our Commander in Chief. We demand that Congress does its job and commences with impeachment proceedings immediately.Donald Trump's extreme disregard for the Constitution is a profound subversion of the Office of the President. Neither do we feel our country is in safe nor able hands, and we will not quietly ride out a tenure that threatens our democracy and way of life. We demand that Congress stop enabling President Trump through an embarrassing and potentially catastrophic charade of normalcy. The future...
Saturday, June 24, 2017
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Monday, June 19, 2017
Saturday, June 3, 2017
[SDCPJ] Fwd: [prcsd] Robert Branch needs our support. Trial begins Monday, June 5th, County Courthouse, downtown
Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:
Robert Branch needs the support of the community over the next two weeks.Please come and support him at his upcoming trial! Starts Monday.This young man is facing a trial - we believe as retaliation after Robert filed a civil lawsuit against a county sheriff and the department for police brutality.Trial date: Monday, June 5 - Friday, June 16, 2017Location: County Courthouse, Department 39, 9am (220 W. Broadway downtown)The Case Of Robert Branch - DA Retaliation again?The Peace Resource Center has joined the Coalition for Robert Branch along with local civil rights and justice groups to demand that District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis end her retaliatory trials and racist practices.FACTS OF THE CASE:
- On May 4, 2015, Robert Branch had pulled off I-8 to check a problem with his car. Within minutes, he was placed in a "carotid restraint" by San Diego Sheriff Detective Paul Ward, rendering him unconscious. The officer was in plain clothes and an unmarked car. Robert had the presence of mind to video the attack on his cell phone. You can view this online at youtube.com/watch?v=5YiB4GPeGd4
- Although he was arrested for "threatening to pepper spray an officer", the Sheriff's Department did not file charges and Robert was released.
- Robert is a young African-American man.
- In October 2015, Robert filed a federal lawsuit against the officer and the Department for police brutality.
- The DA responded by filing criminal charges 7 months after the altercation.The Coalition believes that the charges are in direct response to Robert's civil lawsuit. This trial is an abuse of power by the county and reckless disregard for due process.HOW WE CAN HELP:
- Like the Coalition for Robert Branch on FB and watch for updates at facebook.com/coalitionforrobertbranch
- Show the court the community concern for true justice and supports Robert by attending the trial. All trials (unless ordered closed by the judge) are open to the public. Sit behind Robert.
- SURJ has created a doodle poll where you can select the dates/times you can show up for Robert at doodle.com/poll/cw9x7436ikvau7tfTHE CASE AGAINST DA DUMANIS*In addition to this relatiatory prosecution against Robert, DA Dumanis has a track record of prosecutorial attacks on communities of color while failing to prosecute law enforcement for the deaths or brutality against the community.The Shooting Death of Fridoon Nehad: Mr. Nehad, a mentally ill Afghani refugee, was shot within minutes of Officer Browder's arrival in the alley. The officer was caught lying about the facts of his encounter with Mr. Nehad. The DA staff abused their power as they coached Browder, revised his story, and presented one-sided evidence that "proved" a justifiable shooting.Unwarranted prosecution of the SD33: The DA persisted in the persecution of 33 men in Southeast San Diego area because they lived there. DA Dumanis has the distinction of being the only prosecutor to use zip codes to indict people. Exploiting the concept of "gang injunctions", she racially profiled and prosecuted young black men who were not associated with crimes to boost her public "tough on crime" persona. Community outcry forced her to cease and desist these racist arrests.DA Dumanis has failed to seriously investigate the officers who shot and killed Alfred Olange, Victor Ortega and dozens of other unarmed young people in San Diego. Under her leadership, not one officer has been charged in a killing of a person.Now that the DA has announced her early retirement, we will continue to advocate for an Office of District Attorney that is committed to justice for everyone and law enforcement that is held accountable for its actions.Our deep appreciation is extended to the Coalition members who continue to support Robert and promote his cause.--
Friday, June 2, 2017
From: Ocean Beach Green Center <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: June 2, 2017 at 6:17:54 PM PDT
Subject: June Events from the Ocean Beach Green Center
June Events at the Ocean Beach Green Center
Ocean Beach Green Center, 4843 B Voltaire Street, Ocean Beach 92107 email@example.com 619.225.1083
June 8th Thursday 7:00 p.m. Film Night "Paying The Price For Peace " This 2016 documentary tells the life story of Vietnam Veteran and Air Force Captain S. Brian Wilson, nearly killed by a train shipping U.S. weapons to Central America during a non-violent 1986 protest against the Contra wars. Since then, he has continued calling attention to the US Government's defiance of International law through waging illegal wars. Other peace activists in the film include Alice Walker, Daniel Ellsberg, Media Benjamin, Ron Kovic, Cindy Sheehan, Martin Sheen, Blase Bonpane, Phil Donahue, and others. Free of charge.
June 22nd Thursday 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Presentation and film by Health Care For All San Diego. Film "Now Is The Time" about single-payer health care and discussion with Ava from HC4ASD about how we can move forward with SB 562 "Healthy California" legislation. Single-payer/expanded Medicare-for- All/Universal Healthcare is a REAL possibility in California. It can save individuals and the state money while providing MORE services than Medicare does now. Q&A Limited space, so please RSVP to Nanci Kelly, 619-224- 1084 or firstname.lastname@example.org Free of charge
June Events NOT at the Ocean Beach Green Center
Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. June 10th, June 17th, June 24th Climate Mobilization Coalition Meeting Ocean Beach People's Cooperative Community Room, 4765 Voltaire Street - Second Floor. Come help plan for the upcoming Climate Action events. Contact: email@example.com
June 3rd Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 am Sustainability 101 at City Farmers Nursery 311 Euclid, 92105. Looking at reducing your environmental impact, moving towards zero-waste, then visit City Farmers Nursery for a discussion on sustainability in the city using your gardens and compost piles. Including a tour of their nursery to see their practices at work! More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/607820539417016/
June 3rd Saturday 11:00 a.m. March For Truth Come participate in a non-partisan march calling on Congress to commission an independent investigation into the Trump Campaign/Admin's ties to Russia. Gather north of Hilton Hotel in Mission Bay Park to hear brief speeches & start rally chants, then at 11:30 a.m. march north, along Mission Bay, toward the Visitor Center, where there will be Activist Group booths and Speakers. An envoy of people will hold large banners over the I-5 overpass. (For the sake of safety, we will limit the number of people on the bridge.) Co-sponsored by INDIVISIBLE San Diego. More info: https://www.facebook.com/MarchForTruthSD/
June 4th Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Jewish Voice for Peace Film "The Ramallah Concert on Peace & Understanding" Rancho Bernard Library, 17110 Bernard Center Dr, 92128. This is the second of two documentary films starring Daniel Barenboim with young
Arab and Israeli musicians exploring peace and understanding through music. You can still enjoy the second film if you missed the first! Learn more, RSVP, and invite friends on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/1152320894876868/
June 5th Monday 12:00 p.m. Noon (please arrive early) PRESS CONFERENCE Housing for the Homeless San Diego Civic Center Plaza, 1200 Third Avenue, 92101. Come out to support "Voices of Our City Choir" as they hold a Press Conference to announce their upcoming Juneteenth Celebration & Benefit for the Choir's Sanctuary (Housing). At the Press Conference, the Choir will perform a few songs and select Choir Members will share what the Sanctuary has meant to them. The Choir will be joined by Darwin Fishman, Professor of Sociology at Point Loma Nazarene University, who also volunteers on the City of San Diego's Community Review Board, to talk about "Juneteenth - Independence/ Freedom Day. More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1400678266655200/?active_tab=about
June 7th Wednesday 5:50 p.m. to 8 p.m. Solar for Homeowners Experts from the Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) will explain the fundamentals of solar electricity and share valuable consumer awareness tips that can help you feel more confident when evaluating solar for your home. http://energycenter.org/events
June 8th Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Smart Cities Forum Chula Vista City Council Chambers, 276 Fourth Ave, 91910. Did you know the San Diego region is leading the nation as a Smart City? Find out how the region is using technology to benefit your business and better your quality of life at the Smart Cities Forum. Leaders in the industry will discuss the latest advancements and the future of our Smart City. Registration begins at 8:00 am. Due to limited seating, please RSVP to South County EDC by calling (619) 424-5143 or via email at SCEDC@SouthCountyEDC.com Free. More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/664124897108856/
June 9th Friday 6:30 pm Sierra Club Film Night "THE DOCTRINE OF DISCOVERY – Unmasking the Domination Code" 8304 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. #101, 92111. Co-produced by Steven T. Newcomb, indigenous law research coordinator at the Education Department of the Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation in San Diego County, this 2015 documentary reveals the historical roots of the so-called "right of discovery", which allowed conquerors and colonizers of the Americas to claim all lands not inhabited by Christians. This film dispels many of the myths we have been told about the birth and "development" of our country and those of the rest of the Western Hemisphere. A discussion, led by Mr. Newcomb's wife, Paige, will follow the film. More info: Jean Costa 619-463-0721 or firstname.lastname@example.org
June 10th Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Environmental Justice Water Symposium Cesar Chavez Continuing Education, 1901 Main St, Barrio Logan, 92113. The San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board is inviting members of local communities to a general "open mic listening session" to voice concerns , hear reports & updates regarding bay water quality, drinking water quality, and creek restoration. There will be a mid-day break for lunch and the possibility of an independent film presentation written and directed by indigenous youth. More info https://www.facebook.com/events/1925399854361997/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%222%22%2C%22ref_dashboard_filter%22%3A%22calendar%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D
June 11th Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Really Really Free Market Teralta Park, 40th and Orange, City Heights. Come for a chance to give and get cool stuff for absolutely free. Simply bring the things around the house you aren't using anymore, put them in the "free pile," and look around to see if there is anything you'd like to take yourself.
June 16th Friday 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Peace Resource Center Happy Hour: Emily Landers & Peacemaking Partners 3850 Westgate Place, 92105. You are invited to the Peace Resource Center's Happy Hour/Film Night/Fundraiser event, raising money for their educational partnership with Rowan Elementary, where students come to the PRC to learn peacemaking and sustainability skills. Featured Film: "Paper Tigers" a documentary about a high school that became a promising model for breaking the cycles of poverty and violence by addressing Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) through kindness. Delicious food will be provided. Beer and wine available for purchase at our Cash Bar. If you have any questions contact Darwin at email@example.com
g or (619) 263-9301
June 19th Monday 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Voices of Our City Choir - Juneteenth Celebration The Grassroots Oasis, 3130 Moore St, 92110. Come support the Voices of Our City Choir's Sanctuary (Housing)! Performance & Poetry by The Voices of Our City Choir w/ Co-Founder Steph Johnson & her Trio. Original Art, Collectibles & Jewelry Sale. Info: http://www.brownpapertickets.
June 24th Saturday 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sierra Club 2017 Gala Celebration & Awards Dinner - Voices for Nature Hilton Harbor Island Hotel, 1960 Harbor Island Dr, 92101. The Sierra Club is not alone in fighting for the betterment of our environment. We stand together with other outstanding organizations and individuals that educate, advocate and make significant contributions to insuring San Diego's treasured environment is enhanced and protected. Cost: $75 More info: http://sandiegosierraclub.org/
June 27th Tuesday 5:50 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Call for a National Climate Plan Now! NTC Park at Liberty Station, Cushing Drive& Roosevelt Road, 92106. Join with the San Diego Climate Mobilization Coalition as they call for an end to fossil fuels! 100% Renewables =100% Possible. Music and Speakers. More info: https://www.facebook.com/SDClimateMobilization
June 30th Friday 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Greg Palast Speaks to San Diego St. Paul's Cathedral 2728 Sixth Ave, 92103. Hosted by Activist San Diego, Greg Palast speaks on Donald Trump's claim, "the election's going to be rigged". He wasn't entirely wrong, but the threat was not, as Trump warned, from Americans committing the crime of "voting many, many times". What's far more likely to undermine democracy in November is the culmination of a decade-long Republican effort to disenfranchise voters under the guise of battling voter fraud. Cost: $16 More info: http://www.activistsandiego.org
Many more events going on in the Resistance movement. You can sign up to get the Progressive Weekly Calendar through San Diego Free Press More info: http://sandiegofreepress.org/
New events are always happening....please check www.oceanbeachgreencenter.org for updates to the event list
and also visit the "get involved" tab to connect to other San Diego Activist groups' websites for their event calendars :-)
Thursday, June 1, 2017
Join our rally at
Today Donald Trump is making his announcement about the Paris Agreement. It's likely he'll withdraw from, or at least weaken, the agreement. Tonight at 5:30 PM in San Diego, we will be speaking out against this reckless decision -- will you join us?
Withdrawing from the Paris Agreement is immoral and shortsighted -- but not the end for climate action. If we respond to this moment by showing popular momentum for taking on the fossil fuel industry is growing, we can send a signal to other political leaders that they should double-down on action.
What: Emergency rally in San Diego against Paris withdrawal.
Where: Federal Building, 880 Front Street, San Diego, California 92101
When: Tonight, 5:30 PM
Who: San Diego 350 and partners
In the US, renewable energy already employs more people than coal and oil companies combined. 2016 was the hottest year in human history. This is no time to be going backwards on climate action.
Join us tonight to keep pushing this fight forward -- no matter what Trump does.
See you there,
350.org is building a global climate movement. Become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.
- ► 2018 (159)
- Heal Your Life – Part 9 How to Deal with Regrets W...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Hear Palast! Save $10, Fri, June 30th ...
- Are YOU Drinking Poisoned Water? Water Protectors ...
- Noam Chomsky Explains Why Muslims Hate America
- [SDCPJ] Mon. @ 7pm: Activist Elections & Impeachme...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [prcsd] Robert Branch needs our suppo...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: June Events from the Ocean Beach Gree...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: San Diego: Tonight, stand up against ...
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)