Forming ethical coalitions that stand for peace, human rights, the environment, social justice and prosperity.
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Monday, March 30, 2015
Sunday, March 29, 2015
[SDCPJ] Another Free Show Tonight at Che - Come Support if You Can!
Date: Sun, Mar 29, 2015 01:24 PM
Subject: Another Free Show Tonight at Che - Come Support if You Can!
From: Jeanine Marie Webb <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This is happening today, a free show at the Che with a traditional Veracruz-style Son Jarocho band and SD caravan starting around 3 pm this afternoon, and acoustic performances by Ivan Cheoung, Christian Celesha, and Illya Shatov in the evening starting at 6:30 pm. Please come out and support the occupation. We're still not backing down, spirits are high, no cops right now. Come check it out! We have to continue action and presence because even if the cops don't have a presence right now, the administration has a history of "waiting out" occupations and sit-ins and then coming in and bulldozing the building when folks leave after Spring Break (like with the CLICS Library 3 years ago).
Also, this is a praxis of fun. Come out for the fun! Today at the Che, free, spread the word.
Friday, March 27, 2015
[SDCPJ] Sign the Peace and Planet Nuclear Weapons Abolition Petition!
This April, just before most of the world's governments meet at the United Nations for the month-long Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) Review Conference, thousands of people from around the world will mobilize to demand the total elimination of nuclear weapons, and to connect and strengthen the movements for peace and environmental, economic, and racial justice.
Thursday, March 26, 2015
[SDCPJ] Sat 3/28 NEW Community Conversations
Peace Resource Center of San Diego
3850 Westgate Pl, San Diego, CA 92105
www.prcsd.org & www.sdfriendscenter.org
email@example.com / 619-263-9301
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
[SDCPJ] Tonight 3/25: Blue Gold film
3850 Westgate Pl, San Diego, CA 92105
www.prcsd.org / 619-263-9301
From: Ashley Gardner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 5:58 PM
Subject: Films and dance performances at the Women's Museum
[SDCPJ] Bill to automatically register Cali. males for a future draft, act by 3/31!
Subject: CA Driver's License = Selective Service Registration? Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:40:13 -0400 From: Friends Committee on Legislation of California <email@example.com> Reply-To: Friends Committee on Legislation of California <firstname.lastname@example.org>
News From Sacramento
Apply for a driver's license = Selective Service registration? Tell the Assembly "No" on AB 82 Yet again the federal Selective Service System is pushing hard for a law that will force boys and young men ages 16-25 to consent to registering for Selective Service in order to apply for a California driver's license. By filling out an application to drive, males who are 18-25 years old must allow the state to forward their "identifying information" to the federal government for registration right away and those under 18 will be automatically registered when they reach 18.The bill will be heard very soon in the Assembly Transportation Committee and we need to get letters of opposition in by March 31. This hearing is one of the most critical times we can weigh in, so please take action now!We've prepared a sample letter with some of the most important arguments against this bill. You can send the letter "as is" or edit it to highlight the points that are most important to you or to add your personal views. Please act now!Thank you!Friends Committee on Legislation of California
[SDCPJ] FW: Arab World teach in
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
[SDCPJ] An Open Letter to Pradeep Khosla: News reports on today's protest agai nst eviction of C.H.E. CAFE
News reports on today's protest against eviction of C.H.E. CAFE
---------- Forwarded Open Letter ----------
From: "Monty Kroopkin" <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 04:28:14 GMT
Subject: News reports on today's protest against eviction of CHE CAFE
Monty Kroopkin, B.A, UCSD Class of 1981
C.H.E Cafe Support Network
UCSD Associate Vice Chancellor Gary Ratcliff firstname.lastname@example.org
UCSD UCEN Director Sharon Van Bruggen email@example.com
Monday, March 23, 2015
[SDCPJ] End Solitary Confinement, Caravana 43 San Diego & Support the Che Cafe
- Blanca Luz Nava Vélez, mother of Jorge Alvarez Nava
- Estanislao Mendoza Chocolate, father of Miguel Ángel Mendoza Zacarías
- Ángel Neri De La Cruz Ayala, student survivor of the Sep 26 attack
- Josimar De la Cruz Ayala, student
- NOTE: Info about the members of the Caravana here: PROFILES Caravana 43 Pacifico
- 4:30 pm: Press Conference
- 6:00 pm: Vigil
- 7:00 pm: Community Potluck Dinner
- 10 am: Press Conference
- 11 am: Community Student Forum
- 1:30 pm: Lunch
- 3 pm: City College (Park Blvd. and B St.) to Federal Building (880 Front St.)
- 6 pm: Centro Cultural de la Raza (2004 Park Blvd, in Balboa Park.)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: ComUNIDAD
Statewide Coordinated Actions To End Solitary Confinement (SCATESC) will start Monday, March 23, 2015 and will happen on the 23rd of each month.
This date emphasizes the 23 or more hours every day, for years and decades that people are kept in solitary confinement in 7 x 11 foot concrete cells.
In San Diego, California Families Against Solitary Confinement (CFASC) will hold an Informational demonstration including photosof men in SHU along with some who used to be in SHU but are now in General Population
Time: 6:00pm-7:30pm, Location: at Rosa Park (the park is next to library) in City Heights, San Diego
Co-sponsors: California Families Against Solitary Confinement (CFASC); ACLU of Northern California; Anti-Racist Action-LA; California Prison Focus; Critical Resistance Oakland; Food Not Bombs; Global Women’s Strike; Human Rights Pen Pals; LA Laborfest; Payday Men’s Network; Peoples’ Action for Rights and Community (PARC); Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity Coalition (PHSS); Project: Pollinate; Santa Cruz Resistance Against Militarization (SCRAM!); Sin Barras; Women of Color/Global Women’s Strike.
We suggest you choose a high visibility area and reach people with leaflets/information. Include Agreement to End Hostilities issued by Pelican Bay State Prison-SHU Short Corridor Hunger Strike Representatives, Statement to the Streets and All Youth Lock-ups from Youth Justice Coalition, Frequently Asked Questions, etc.
Organized, community-based pressure is a core strategy to end solitary confinement. We are holding CA statewide actions from San Diego to Eureka, including Eureka, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, San Jose, Santa Cruz… We have cosponsors nationwide and internationally, and are asking for people to hold actions wherever you are.
Endorsers: United Against Police Terror San Diego; Ramona Africa and The MOVE Organization; Dr. Nancy Arvold, PhD, MFT, member Psychologists for Social Responsibility; Black and Pink San Diego; Cabrillo College Justice League; Cafe Intifada; Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB); California Peace and Freedom Party; Communities Organized for Relational Power in Action (COPA) Restorative Justice Institutions; Darrell and Karen Darling; Family of Frank Alvarado Jr., killed by Salinas Police, July 10, 2014; Freedom Archives; Free Our Minds, Free Radio Santa Cruz; Rabbi Borukh Goldberg; Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace; Justice for Palestinians, San Jose; National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)-Santa Cruz County; National Religious Campaign Against Torture (NRCAT); Dylcia Pagán, former Puerto Rican Political Prisoner held in US prison; Leonard Peltier Support Group Silicon Valley; Prison Activist Resource Center (PARC); Queer Strike; Redwood Curtain CopWatch; San Francisco Bay View National Black Newspaper; Santa Cruz County Community Coalition to Overcome Racism (SCCCCOR); South Bay Committee Against Political Repression (SBCAPR); US PROStitutes Collective; Donna Wallach; Women’s Council, California Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers.
Attached is a handbill to print (double sided to save trees/water if you can) and distribute among your organization actions To End Solitary Confinement. https://prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com, http://www.prisonradio.org
Rally to support the Che Cafe Tuesday, March 24th at 5:00am
Message from the The Che Cafe Collective
As many of you may already know, we received our formal eviction notice last week. We will not go out without a fight. Please join us on Tuesday, March 24th at the Che Cafe for a rally to support the space. We will be meeting at 5am, and we expect the UCSD administration to come at 6am.
Come help us make some noise. Come help us make our voices heard. Come help us save this space.
There is no education without community.
We love you all.
Thank you, The Che Cafe Collective
Catherine (Cat) Mendonça
Af3irm San Diego; an anti-imperialist, transnational feminist women’s organization, evolving from the organization formerly known as GABNet, and 20 years of women’s organizing, activism, and struggle. af3irm.org
United Against Police Terror; a grassroots organization, dedicated to educating and organizing the community to fight back against police terror in SD. uaptsd.org
Black and Pink - San Diego; an organization supporting LGBTQ prisoners impacted by the prison industrial complex. blackandpink.org
a member of San Diego No More Prisons Coalition and Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB)
Saturday, March 21, 2015
[SDCPJ] Know Your Rights Training, Sunday 1-3 at the CHE
[SDCPJ] Rally to Protect the CHE CAFE, 5 AM, Tuesday, March 24, UCSD
"As many of you may already know, we received our formal eviction notice last week. We will not go out without a fight. Please join us on Tuesday, March 24th at the Che Cafe for a rally to support the space. We will be meeting at 5am, and we expect the UCSD administration to come at 6am.
"The Che Cafe Collective"
San Diego Union-Tribune
Friday, March 20, 2015
Re: [SDCPJ] Speaker Series "Pathways to Racial Justice"
This looks to be an interesting list of speakers hosted by one of our partner organizations here on the peace campus.Oh, and look! You probably know some of the people!For example: Mariah, PRC Executive Director& Allen McAfee for AVP (and he's also on the PRC Board)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Faith in Action Team of San Diego Church of the Brethren Speaker Series:Pathways to Racial Justice: Peacemaking through Tension
Sundays 9-10 amfrom March 1 through May 17, 2015@ The Peace Campusinside Church of the Brethren Sanctuary
3850 Westgate Place, San Diego CA 92111
After studying Michelle Alexander's The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, members and friends of the local Church of the Brethren, a faith community living out its peace witness, are determined to:* Educate ourselves to break through the "colorblind" mentality and fearlessly explore the reality of racial-justice issues
* Support Efforts to address racial justice issues in our community
* Investigate Avenues for Action we can support in San Diego region & beyond
* Take Action towards breaking racial injustice and alleviating the very real impact of racial injustice on very real lives.All are welcome to join us on our journey!
SPEAKERS (Subject to change; please contact church office)
* March 1: Arlene Smith, Village of Promise: "collective mentoring" for children of incarcerated parents
* March 8 Justine Darling, Restorative Practices and Restorative Justice in the SD Unified School District as alternatives to suspensions / expulsions
* March 15 Debby Park, NonViolent PeaceForce: works internationally to protect rights and lives using nonviolent strategies
* March 22 Allen McAfee, Alternatives to Violence: an on-going program to teach inmates in Donovan Prison
* March 29 (Palm Sunday) Faith in Action Team presentation
* April 5 (Easter Sunday) Faith in Action Team Presentation
* April 12 Clovis Honore, Community Organizer, President of Black Health Associates, and Executive Director of San Diego Area Congregations for Change
* April 19 TBD
* April 26 Dante Dauz, UPAC (Union of Pan Asian Communities: Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services) prevention and intervention programs for at-risk youth, counseling for parents, etc.
* May 3 Mariah Gayler, Exec. Dir., Peace Resource Center of San Diego
* May 10 Martin Moreno, Mid-City CAN: Restorative Pipeline to Success Momentum Team, working with City Heights youth and community
* May 17 Review and wrap-up: What now?
For more info, contact the Brethren office
Thursday, March 19, 2015
[SDCPJ] Fwd: Awesome Activist Concert & Dinner
HOPE TO SEE YOU ON SAT. at the Fab Food and Cool Concert.
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- Walmart Funding Al Sharpton Exposes Why ‘Civil Rig...
- My Social Media Services
- [SDCPJ] Another Free Show Tonight at Che - Come Su...
- [SDCPJ] Sign the Peace and Planet Nuclear Weapons ...
- [SDCPJ] Sat 3/28 NEW Community Conversations
- [SDCPJ] Tonight 3/25: Blue Gold film
- [SDCPJ] Bill to automatically register Cali. males...
- [SDCPJ] FW: Arab World teach in
- [SDCPJ] An Open Letter to Pradeep Khosla: News rep...
- [SDCPJ] End Solitary Confinement, Caravana 43 San ...
- [SDCPJ] Know Your Rights Training, Sunday 1-3 at t...
- [SDCPJ] Rally to Protect the CHE CAFE, 5 AM, Tuesd...
- Re: [SDCPJ] Speaker Series "Pathways to Racial Jus...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Awesome Activist Concert & Dinner
- [SDCPJ] Sign the petition to cancel all student debt!
- Peak Inequality: The .01% And The Impoverishment O...
- EMF: DR. Plourde Tells Us Why It Kills Us
- Ginger Destroys Cancerous Cells More Effectively t...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE FORWARD: Climate Rally - Sun 2pm; ...
- [SDCPJ] Weekend of Justice March 14th & 15th; Vict...
- [SDCPJ] Activist Meeting: Mon. 7 pm Mar. 16th ~ E...
- [SDCPJ] March 11, 2011: The day that ended the nuc...
- [SDCPJ] CHE Cafe Press Release Regarding The March...
- [SDCPJ] FW: SAN DIEGO Rep Susan Davis Drop In & Ha...
- FOCUS | Bernie Sanders: "I'm Prepared to Take On t...
- [SDCPJ] Speaker Series "Pathways to Racial Justice"
- [SDCPJ] Speaker Series "Pathways to Racial Justice"
- [SDCPJ] Update ~ Sun 3/15 People's Climate March a...
- [SDCPJ] This Sat 3/7 "Communify" unconference
- [SDCPJ] Rachel Carson Prize WINNER 2015: Dr. Mozhg...
- Michelle Alexander -The New Jim Crow/Ferguson Repo...
- [SDCPJ] Call on the Department of Defense to sign ...
- [SDCPJ] CHE Eviction - next step justified by AS/G...
- [SDCPJ] Call on the Department of Defense to sign ...
- ▼ March (34)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)