(please forward widely)
Please help keep UNAC strong. Keep the antiwar movement out in the streets opposing U.S. and NATO war moves in countries around the world. Help build protests this spring against the drones that are spreading war, even to countries that are supposed to be U.S. allies. Please click the button below to donate on-line or send a check as indicated below.
Joe Lombardo and Marilyn Levin, UNAC co-coordinators.
The second national UNAC conference in March, attended by close to 600 activists, set the agenda for our work for this election year. Our primary objective was to keep the antiwar movement visible and in the streets in a time of never-ending and expanding wars, austerity, and repression. Our program for action emphasized the connection between the racist, imperialist wars abroad and the assault on working people, especially people of color, at home, while building coalitions founded on the principle that an injury to one is an injury to all.
These are the highlights of our successful efforts:
· We kicked off the organizing and helped build a People's Summit and a mass demonstration of 15,000 people to protest NATO and the G-8 in Chicago in May.
· We rallied for peace at the Republican and Democratic Conventions and on the 11th anniversary of the Afghanistan invasion.
· Three of our Administrative Committee members traveled to Pakistan on the anti-drone tour organized by Code Pink and then reported about our experiences at forums around the country.
· We participated in the rally in New York against the NYPD's racist Stop and Frisk policy and continued to support our Muslim brothers and sisters who are under attack.
· We joined the emergency actions in defense of Gaza under brutal attack by the U.S.-backed Israeli forces.
· We welcomed and participated in the Occupy movement that swept the country following the inspiration of the Arab Spring.
· We organized demonstrations to demand U.S. non-intervention in Iran, Libya, and Syria.
· We campaigned against the assault on our civil liberties, including indefinite detention, targeted assassinations, and the mass incarceration of Black and Latino youth.
There are dangerous times ahead. U.S. and NATO forces mass on the Turkish border; Iran continues to be a target of the U.S., NATO and Israel; the U.S. backs Israel's continued land theft and brutality against the Palestinians; and the U.S. has its sights set on China and North Korea in the Pacific.
On the home front, unions are threatened, there are draconian cuts to the social safety net, Islamophobia is heightened, immigrants are detained and deported, and mass incarceration is used as a means of social control.
Drones are the new weapons of choice for war and domination and increasingly the foundation of the expanding surveillance state. Opposing drones will be a focus of our work in the coming year.
A strong and growing opposition to the criminal actions of the U.S. government is even more vital today. We urge you to support the antiwar movement and give an end-of-the-year gift to UNAC. Please contribute by hitting this button by sending a check made our to UNAC to UNAC, PO Box 123, Delmar, NY 12054. You can also contribute on-line by clicking the donate button above or going to the UNAC web site at www.UNACpeace.org and making a contribution.
We wish you all peaceful and restful holidays as we gear up to face the challenges of the new year.
Marilyn Levin and Joe Lombardo
click here to donate to UNAC
Click here for the Facebook UNAC group.
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Sunday, December 30, 2012
Meet you all on Business Circle in front of CVS....
Bring your drums, gourds, sing and dance and stand united on the many issues in Indian Country - water, land, sacred sites, coal, NGS, uranium, save the confluence, protect the peaks, etc. Bring signs. In solidarity with Canada and indigenous people world wide.
This is an outside event, bring chairs, and dress warm.
EVERYONE WELCOME!! Let's Round Dance :)
Idle No More calls on all people to join in a revolution which honors and fulfills Indigenous sovereignty which protects the land and water. Colonization continues through attacks to Indigenous rights and damage to the land and water. We must repair these violations, live the spirit and intent of the treaty relationship, work towards justice in action, and protect Mother Earth.
Friday, December 28, 2012
[SDCPJ] PLEASE FORWARD: Make People's Radio KNSJ Go Viral! | Save the Date: Activist People's Ball Sat. Jan. 19th, 2013
Thursday, December 27, 2012
|A double whammy!|
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
They claim the utility company, "a wholly owned public benefit subsidiary of the government of Japan," misrepresented radiation levels to lull the U.S. Navy "into a false sense of security."
Lead plaintiff Lindsay R. Cooper claims Tokyo Electric (TEPCO) intentionally concealed the dangerous levels of radiation in the environment from U.S. Navy rescue crews working off the coast of Japan after the March 10, 2011 earthquake and tsunami set off the nuclear disaster.
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
- ► 2018 (159)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- [SDCPJ] FW: [unac] Keep UNAC strong in 2013
- [SDCPJ] Idle No More Solidarity Event--Tuesday, Ja...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE FORWARD: Make People's Radio KNSJ G...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Free Press and OB Rag - double w...
- [SDCPJ] Breaking news: U.S. Navy rescue workers su...
- [SDCPJ] Project YANO: Confronting the culture of v...
- [SDCPJ] Al Gore speaks 2/10/13 at UCSD: "The Futur...
- Left Hook - Judicial Justice Our Most Important Fi...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Human Rights Day--12/10/12--Have you ...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SDCPJ/Drone Diego Coordinating Com...
- Left Hook - Judicial Rights: The Most Important......
- [SDCPJ] TODAY! Saturday, 12/8/12 PEACE ON EARTH HO...
- [SDCPJ] Make Poverty a Priority in San Diego -- si...
- Lawless America Movie Promo: Dr. Richard ...
- [SDCPJ] Coverage regarding COPS challenge to the S...
- Please share my story and encourage everyone...
- Progressive Radio Station LA - BIPOLAR NATION
- [SDCPJ] Citizens Oversight Intervention Hearing w/...
- Sharon Kramer: Wronged by the Courts, Jailed...
- Europe Leads UN Vote for Palestinian Statehood...
- [SDCPJ] Buddhist March to Decommission San Onofre/...
- Lorie Calies on Lawless America: The Movie...
- [SDCPJ] FW: (PalSolCaucus) UNAC Statement on U.S.-...
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition on Progress......
- Inland Empire Black Professionals
- ▼ December (25)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)