- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Saturday, February 25, 2017
This Saturday! Criminal Injustice System: Racial Justice Today
Racial Justice event coming up this Saturday.
View this email in your browser
Inauguration: Addressing the People's Issues Continued Conversation....
Join the Peace Resource Center as we welcome organizational partners to lead us in education and discussion around the Criminal Injustice System.
People Over Profits San Diego (POPSD) has been engaged in criminal justice organizing and has focused on the problem of mass incarceration in our society and the damage it continues to inflict on communities of color. They are also involved in efforts against the privatization of correctional facilities. Their membership and organizational agenda are reflective of the Barrio Logan neighborhood in San Diego where they hold their open weekly Wednesday night meetings. POPSD will discuss what the current trends are with the criminal justice system in San Diego and what impact these trends are having on people of color.Community Assistance Support Team (CAST) plays a critical role in gang intervention work, as well as providing exceptional support to victims of crime. They rely heavily on the participation and the wisdom of local clergy for this work and this makes us grounded in City Heights and South Eastern San Diego. CAST will discuss their current work that includes violence prevention for youth and young adults, training for law enforcement, mobile response team, and direct support for victims and families of crimes.
Darwin Fishman, Phd, Community Review Board and Yusef Miller, Community Outreach Representative, CAIR-SD will lead a discussion about opportunities to become involved in criminal justice reform work and what we can specifically do in San Diego. They will open up the floor to allow for all of us to share stories and ask questions about best practices and effective strategies for criminal justice reform work in San Diego.
Sponsored by the PRC, AFSC, JOB, SURJ and community partners.
Donations gratefully accepted.
Saturday Feb. 25th 3pm-6pm
3850 Westgate Pl. San Diego 92105
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Copyright © 2017 Peace Resource Center of San Diego,
Our mailing address is:
Peace Resource Center of San Diego
3850 Westgate PlaceSan Diego, CA 92105
Add us to your address
Sunday, February 19, 2017
[SDCPJ] Mon. Feb. 20 @ 7-9 pm; Stop Trump! Meet the Movement Mobilizers! ASD General Meeting, Join us!
Stop Trump! Meet the Movement Mobilizers! ASD General Meeting Mon. Feb. 20! Join us!
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
|-please forward widely- |
|Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017 |
Join with Activist San Diego, San Diego Alliance For Justice, the San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice, and others
|11:00 am - Rally Waterfront Park, 1600 Pacific Highway|
12 noon - March to Federal Bldg..
12:30 pm - Rally at Federal Bldg.
Broadway and Front St.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Fed chair has blunt message for Trump Janet Yellen tells Congress that the fiscal policy emanating from the White House should put the nation on a sustainable path. Full text of her remarks »
‘They have him by the balls’: The internet pours mockery on Sean Spicer’s claim that Trump is ‘tough’ on Russia
The Senate just voted to confirm a former Goldman Sachs banker known as the "Foreclosure King" to run our economy as Treasury Secretary.
Every Democrat except one voted no on Trump's nominee Steve Mnuchin -- an important show of unity against Wall Street and Trump. This should be rewarded.
Senators Dianne Feinstein and Kamala D. Harris voted no on Steve Mnuchin. Can you call them to say thank you for opposing Wall Street in this key vote?
YES -- I'll call Sens. Feinstein and Harris to say thanks for opposing Wall Street banker Steve Mnuchin -- and to say keep it up! Show me the number and a script.
NO -- But I'll chip in $3 to run TV ads holding accountable the most vulnerable 2018 Senate Republican (Dean Heller from Nevada, a state with massive foreclosures) for voting with Wall Street against his constituents.
The one Democrat to vote yes was West Virginia's Joe Manchin. Right now, PCCC members in his state are calling him to express extreme disappointment.
Weeks ago, tonight's show of Democratic strength against Wall Street was not expected.
The PCCC was the first group to run TV ads in key Democratic Senate states calling on senators to oppose Mnuchin. Every Democrat in these states voted no on Mnuchin! (Thank you to thousands of PCCC members who helped put these ads on the air.)
We also aired TV ads in key Republican states. They all voted with Wall Street against their constituents.
It's important we hold them accountable -- so please chip in $3 to our TV ad making clear that vulnerable Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nevada) voted against his constituents.
And it's also important that Democratic senators see that their constituents approve when they oppose Wall Street -- so please thank Sens. Feinstein and Harris today. Click here to make a quick call.
Thanks for making your voice heard, and being a bold progressive.
-- Adam Green, PCCC co-founder
Monday, February 13, 2017
[SDCPJ] Fwd: Gentle reminder about important Board of Supervisors meeting this Wednesday on CREP for San Diego County
Subject: Gentle reminder about important BOS meeting this Wednesday on CREP for San Diego County
Dear friends, below is what I sent off to the Board of Supervisors. Please take a sec (if you have already, thank you!) and send your own quick email encouraging them to support clean energy before they vote this Wednesday. I did not send the attachment however. That is for you and has a little more info it. To make it easier I sent my email to one of them and "CC" (not Blind CC) the others. Here is their contact information. Thanks!1. Dianne Jacob: Dianne.email@example.com Phone: 619 531-55222. Greg Cox: firstname.lastname@example.org 619 531-55113. Kristen Gaspar: Kristen.email@example.com 619 531-55334. Bill Horn: firstname.lastname@example.org 619 531-55555. Ron Roberts: email@example.com 619-531-6262
To the Board of Supervisors,This Wednesday, February 15, 2017 please vote to implement the Comprehensive Renewable Energy Plan for San Diego County. A major component of this plan is Community Choice Energy. Please vote in favor of conducting a feasibility study of CCE. Better yet, if possible vote outright to support implementing Community Choice Energy in San Diego County.It is imperative that steps are taken as soon as possible to lessen the worse impacts of climate change and to protect air and water quality. Transitioning to cleaner energy will greatly help with these issues and will have a positive financial impact on local economies as well. http://www.fosterra.com/news/cca-study-projects-1-billion-economic-boost/.In appreciation for all that you do,Marian SedioValley Center, CA
- ► 2018 (176)
- DemocracyNow Daily Show Fri, Feb 24, 2017
- "For-Profit President": A Look at How Trump Is Pus...
- Trump Cabinet Picks
- Madison, Wisc. to Pay $3.3M to Family of Tony Robi...
- Days After Pruitt Becomes EPA Head, Newly Released...
- We Have to Keep Fighting: Water Protectors Vow Con...
- NFL Star Michael Bennett on Refusing to Go to Isra...
- John Dean: The Difference Between Trump & Nixon is...
- As Calls Grow to Impeach Trump, Former Nixon Couns...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: This Saturday! Criminal Injustice Sys...
- Golden parachuets
- Spicer on media vs dictatorshop
- Milo Yiannopoulos apologizes for remarks, quits Br...
- [SDCPJ] Mon. Feb. 20 @ 7-9 pm; Stop Trump! Meet th...
- [SDCPJ] Feb 18 - March in Solidarity with Immigran...
- Coretta Scott King Knew the People Sessions Prosec...
- Criminalization of Immigrants
- Immigrants Fleeing to Canada
- Court Stops Donald Trump and More
- Predatory Mindset of Donald Trump
- Pipleline Partners
- Fed chair has blunt message for Trump Janet Yellen...
- ‘They have him by the balls’: The internet pours m...
- Not just Flynn: Here are 4 more Trump loyalists wi...
- ‘That’s the definition of treason’: Democratic law...
- Top military official frets over ‘unbelievable tur...
- Key Republicans who held dozens of Benghazi hearin...
- Foreclosure King Voted to Run Our Economy as Treas...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Gentle reminder about important Board...
- [SDCPJ] New Calendar of San Diego Progressive Even...
- [SDCPJ] Health Care for All! "Now is the Time" mov...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [prcsd] Support the Sanctuary City Mo...
- Appeals Court Denies Justice Department's Motion t...
- Justice Department files notice of appeal to resto...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: This Saturday! Inauguration: Addressi...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: February Events from the Ocean Beach ...
- More Innocents Released
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)