In San Diego, the highest number of reported Sexual Assaults is in East Village, Ground Zero for our Housing Disaster and increase in Homelessness. This is no coincidence -- homeless women and girls are highly vulnerable.JOIN the San Diego Housing Emergency Alliance to stand in Solidarity with our Homeless sisters and call attention to:
Why women are homeless (escaping domestic violence, poverty, low wages, disability- some of whom may be related to DV); the criminalization of homelessness; the lack of investment in affordable housing; and how the affordable housing/homelessness disaster and the criminalization of homelessness impacts and endangers women and makes them more vulnerable to male violence. E.g., impounding their RVs and vehicles so they no longer have a safe place to stay.
Join us at Faultline Park on J St at 14th, the only Public Park in East Village. It has been Ground Zero of conflict between Housed Residents and Unsheltered Residents -- including Public Restrooms kept locked for much of the 2.5 years this Park has been open. The restaurant/coffee shop which controlled the Public Restrooms in the Park has recently closed and now the Park is in the midst of a "Landscape Restoration".CONFIRMED SPEAKERS:Suzanne Morse, Survivor and Founder of Heartfelt Voices UnitedAnne Rios, Executive Director, Think DignityGenevieve Jones-Wright, Candidate for SD District AttorneyPERFORMANCE by award-winning singer-songwriter Lisa Sanders. Lisa's song, Angels, was featured in the 2016 documentary, Signs of Humanity, telling the story of buying and collecting homeless signs since 1993, as part of an art project called WE ARE ALL HOMELESS. http://signsofhumanity.org/#synopsisLisa has also organized two "AngelFests" in the past 3 years to benefit San Diego Urban Street Angels and Street of Dreams/Musicians for Education.http://www.lisasanders.com/angel_fest_2017/"'I've been through a whole lot,' Sanders acknowledges. 'I've lost everything I own two or three times. I just get up again. I think that's in my DNA to do that. We really are blessed, and we really have it made compared to people in Mosul. So I can't really complain about my life, because my life is beautiful. It has painful moments. But I need to let everybody know they're going to be OK. … People I meet along the way, I just want to shower them with love. I can't help it.'"BACKGROUND: In San Diego, the highest number of reported Sexual Assaults is in East Village, Ground Zero for our Housing Disaster and increase in Homelessness. This is no coincidence -- homeless women and girls are highly vulnerable.Crimemapping.com, which compiles information from law enforcement agencies, shows 29 Rapes and Other Sex Crimes reported to the SDPD in just the past 6 months, within 1/2 mile of Faultline Park (which encompasses East Village).For 2017, the City of San Diego reports 27 Rapes reported in East Village, the highest in the City, followed by Hillcrest at 26, and Pacific Beach at 25 -- both of which also have large populations of Unsheltered San Diegans as well as bars (another source of violence against women and girls).Martha Sullivan, Founder/ProprietorGrassroots OasisEvent Venue3130 Moore St, San Diego CA, 92110858-945-6273
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Thursday, February 8, 2018
[SDCPJ] Feb. 12 -- 1 Billion Rising Solidarity for Homeless SD Women and Girls!
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- [SDCPJ] Four (4) Special San Diego Events recogniz...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: March Events from the Ocean Beach Gre...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Four (4) Special San Diego Events rec...
- [SDCPJ] Working People's Day of Action February 24...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Sat. 2/24, 11:30am - Corporate-free ca...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: MEDIA ADVISORY: CAIR-San Diego, Inte...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: TONIGHT: Monday, Feb. 19 @ 7 PM ~ "I c...
- School Shootings & Psychiatric Drugs—Constitutiona...
- Pro Russian Gun bots Flood Social Media After Mass...
- The Young Turks - Flipping Districts in New Jersey
- 5 Ways to Welcome LBGTQ Employees
- 15 Things You Must Know About Your Credit Score - ...
- Florida Mother Asks President Trump and Congress t...
- Van Jones on Black Panther
- Love Army
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Your Weekly Climate Action Event List
- [SDCPJ] CALL TO ACTION TODAY 6 p.m. AGAINST GUN VI...
- How to Be a Podcasting Super Hero
- [SDCPJ] Congress: Say No to More "Usable" Nuclear ...
- [SDCPJ] Feb. 12 -- 1 Billion Rising Solidarity for...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Get Active with Sierra Club San Diego...
- Stem Cells: Making a Difference in Treating MS
- American Empire: An Act of Collective Madness
- Full Show 11/11/15: How Reaganomics Killed America...
- Jimmy Carter Brilliantly Explains How The Establis...
- Green World Rising
- Nature Is Speaking – Julia Roberts is Mother Natur...
- Walter Davis Social Media Services Overview
- Russian Nuclear Torpedo
- [SDCPJ] Mission Beach Rally Against Trump’s Offsho...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: San Diego Free Press Progressive Acti...
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)