Friday, July 30, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
- "ROTC and the Seduction of Liberal Militarism," by military veteran Sean Dinces, provides a powerful rebuttal to arguments in favor of having ROTC in colleges.
- "The Peace Symbol: Fashion or Political Statement?," by Nancy Cruz and Paula Hoffman-Villanueva, explores the growing popularity of the peace symbol among teenagers and analyzes their answers to a survey on what it means to them.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
|Announcing a new Meetup for Zeitgeist Movement Orange County!|
We are calling for a complete lifting of the Gaza Siege and upon the Obama administration to join the world body in condemning Israel's deadly attack in international waters on a convoy of unarmed international peace activists bringing humanitarian aid to Gaza. At least 19 of the activists were killed and over 60 were wounded by the attacking Zionist force. It is imperative that the three-year-old siege on Gaza be lifted immediately, and that all the activists are released as soon as possible.
Please do your best to attend and help us by forwarding this announcement to your families & friends.
National Coordinating Committee Representative
Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition
Support Al-Awda, a Great Organization and Cause!
Become a Member Today:
Over 72,000 members have joined The Palestinian Refugees Right to Return - Al-Awda Cause on Facebook. Join us if you haven't by going to http://apps.facebook.com/causes/1752?m=81fdef5b
Unless indicated otherwise, all statements posted represent the views of their authors and not necessarily those of Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition.
[SDCPJ] San Diego Community Radio Project; ORGANIZING MEETING of the ,Thurs. July 15th, 2010 at 7 –9 PM:
San Diego Community Radio Project
Thurs. July 15th, 2010 at 7 –9 PM:
Activist Center – 4246 Wightman St. -SD 92105.
Activist San Diego is thrilled to announce our organization is in the final stages of being awarded 2 construction permits by the FCC for 2 new "full power" FR radio stations in San Diego county.
>From here on out on the 3rd Thursday of the month we will convene the radio committee meetings.
Bi-monthly Prometheus Project will help us and others to 'GET ON the AIR' during phone conference workshops.
We will have a short report back on what was learned..
Update on progress since the initial meetings...
Breakouts for sub-committees:
1. Outreach - Administration Team (What progress with the Mexican FCC app? Develop a master list of potential partners for the radio project and develop a plan to reach and visit many groups with a presentation.)
2. Internet-Tech Team (Get a website and streaming audio in 4-5 month. Start looking for ways to put up digital content to give supporters and donors a better idea of what our radio will sound like.)
3. Fund raising Team (First promotional materials, Develop a fundraising plan and outline the 1st steps to implement now.)
for information: Call Martin 618-871-9354, Martin@ActivistSanDiego.org
From the San Diego Animal Defense Team
For the first time in the history of the Del Mar horse races, four members of the San Diego Animal Defense Team successfully infiltrated Opening Day AKA Hat Day on July 21, wearing large hats protesting the cruelty of horse racing.
The team officially entered the Opening Day hat contest, sponsored by track officials and billed as "The One and Only Truly Fabulous Hats Contest." They then joined the Parade of Hats, potentially exposing thousands of horse race fans to creative visuals of the cruel reality of racing.
Each hat was individually crafted. One featured "My Pretty (Dead) Pony." Another boldly stated "Racing Kills." The third was topped with three dead horses and a tombstone engraved with "Del Mar 2009 -- 13 horses dead / 2010 -- ???" The fourth hat featured a prominent banner: "Remembering the valiant horses who gave their lives for 'sport,' " trimmed with ghost horses with targets on them.
The Animal Defense Team has scheduled its annual protest outside of the track entrance. PLEASE JOIN US! EVERONE IS WELCOME AND NEEDED! Bring signs, water and your compassion for the victims of an industry based on greed, drugging, deception and death. This is the third annual ADT protest at the Del Mar Races.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
11:30 AM - 1 PM
This is the $1 Million Pacific Classic Day,
the biggest purse of the season. Post time is at 1 PM
The intersection of Jimmy Durante Blvd. and Via de la Valle,
under the Del Mar marquee at the corner.
The losers of Del Mar's richest "betting" day will far outweigh the winners and death is imminent. Seven out of ten horses are slaughtered in the U.S., not because they are in pain, suffering or living with a terminal illness -- they are slaughtered because their owners don't want them anymore. For the thoroughbred, the risk of death is greater if they are injured or they finish last where the turf meets the surf in Del Mar. If your favorite horse doesn't make a good showing in the race, chances are the next stop is the slaughterhouse.
Information: email@example.com and the Racehorse Memorial Wall scrollsequus.blogspot.com
The San Diego Animal Defense Team denounces all forms of "animal entertainment" for human pleasure. Whips, beatings, starvation and isolation are all a part of "training" an animal for human command and control. There is nothing exciting about suffering and pain.
Please do not support animal entertainment
of any kind, beginning with horse racing.
|These are very good and worth listening to. |
--- On Tue, 6/29/10, firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> wrote:
This is a message from the California Center for Sustainable Energy, I am writing to inform you of our Sustainable Energy Week 2010. It would be highly appreciated if this message could be passed to your members.
Thank you for your time.
Sustainable Energy Week 2010 is a series of activities for everyone from families and children to engineers and policy makers highlighting the many benefits homeowners and businesses can enjoy when they take a whole-building, performance approach to their energy future – energy use reduction, cost savings and a cleaner environment. Family Energy Day and Street Smart San Diego are Sunday, Sept. 12; Clean Energy Commercial Tours are Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 14 & 15; and the Clean Energy Conference is Thursday, Sept. 16. For details, locations and registration go to www.sustainableenergyweek.org or call 858-244-1177.Save $15 on Clean Energy Conference registration by choosing "referred by Cindy Zulick" on the registration page.
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- [SDCPJ] Photos of SD immigration Rights Rally 7/29...
- [SDCPJ] Anti-militarist Web site recently updated
- [SDCPJ] ASAP- Decide now...PROTEST ARIZONA'S LEGAL...
- [zmoc] New Meetup: Press Release: "Response to the...
- [Blackwater] Mon. 5/17: Jeremy Scahill at Caltech ...
- Fw: Getting hitched in East County: Our weddings s...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [AL-AWDA-San-Diego] Emergency Demonstr...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Community Radio Project; ORGANIZ...
- [SDCPJ] Del Mar: Cruel As Ever /Protest August 28!...
- Zeitgeist Movement Radio Address - June 30th '10
- Sustainable Energy Week 2010
- [SDCPJ] Upcoming networking luncheon on 7/21/10
- [SDCPJ] Another World is Possible
- [SDCPJ] March with Amnesty International at Pride ...
- [SDCPJ] Updated and new online resources for count...
- [SDCPJ] Talking Points - Parcel Tax - 7/13 Hearing...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Losing in Afghanistan
- [SDCPJ] Donate to the Ricardo Dominguez/b.a.n.g. l...
- [SDCPJ] Thurs, July 1, 6 - 9:30 pm ; People not Co...
- ▼ July (20)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)