The below is very rough, not complete or "well-baked" by any means, and concentrates on issues rather than the form/structure of SDCPJ; but please accept as some food for our thought. Rick, can you bring/send you shared at our last meeting? I WILL SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT!
BRAINSTORM THOUGHTS - SDCPJ mission/agenda
Items to Work on in 2014
- Normalize US relations with Cuba; end to the trade blockade
- Peace, normalized US and mutually beneficial relations with Iran
- Peace and justice for the Palestinian people; end to the State of Israel's apartheid of the Palestinians, blockade of Gaza, and occupation in all respects of the West Bank
- End the US global drone wars; put in place real and effective bans on robotic war tools (similar to bans on chemical weapons, etc.)
- An end to the US military world empire, to be replaced by
- An end to corporate corruption of the US political process
- End US intrasegence in climate change politics, and the UN COP process
- Reverse and permanently end corporate influence and corruption in the politics and government by reversing "Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission" Supreme Court ruling
- End financial corruption of the public economy by bringing back in full force and effect, the "Glass–Steagall Act" (refers to four provisions of the U.S. Banking Act of 1933)
The environment – continued global environmental degradation, from local level to global level; misuse/abuse of air, water, land; impacting everyone but mostly the poor; and driven by corporate greed and corruption. Global and local inequity sharing the impacts of environmental degradation.
Domestic civil liberties – continued degradation of personal privacy and liberty
Economic inequity – in the US and globally;
Corruption of government by self-serving interests of greed – government has reached unprecedented levels of diversion to meet the desires of corporate vested interests, while the common good is sacrificed. The problem is not government; it is who controls government, for what purposes.