From: JM Branum <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Subject: Update: Matthew Rivera has been born!
Updated 8:00 pm PST: We don't know many details yet, but we do know that Kimberly's son, Matthew, has been born.
Please continue to write letters urging Brig. General Michael A. Bills to grant clemency so that Kimberly Rivera can be with her son but our previous call for letters/phone calls to ask that Mario Rivera (the father) be allowed to be present for childbirth is no longer needed.
More details will be shared as we have them.
Updated 3:38 pm PST: I just got off the phone with Mario Rivera (husband of Kimberly Rivera). He reports that Kimberly is in labor at Balboa Medical Center but that the hospital is not allowing him to be present with his wife during delivery.
Mario is a very devoted father and was present with his wife for the delivery of their previous four children, even being there to cut the umbilical cord. There is no reason that he should not be present with his wife during this important time for the birth of Matthew Kaden Rivera.
As Kimberly Rivera's defense counsel, I believe that this action constitutes cruel and unusual punishment which is forbidden by the US constitution. But it is not too late to reverse this great evil being conducted by the US military.
We are urging supporters to immediately send letters and/or call the following authorities to urge them to allow Mario to be in the delivery room. Time is of the essence (at last report, Kim is dilated to 7 cm) :
Balboa Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- By fax to Balboa Medical Center Public Affairs Office: 1-619-532-8054 (faxes can be sent for free via the website FaxZero.com)
- By email to Balboa Medical Center Command Ombudsman Mrs. Megan Finch firstname.lastname@example.org (cell phone 619-807-8341)
- By email to Balboa Medical Center Command Ombudsman Ms. Linda Nicholson, email@example.com (cell phone 619-921-1168)
- By email to Balboa Medical Center Command Ombudsman Ms. Shelley Martinson, firstname.lastname@example.org (cell phone 619-453-6169)
Miramar Brig, San Diego, CA
- By fax to Miramar Brig, 858-577-7149 (faxes can be sent for free via the website FaxZero.com)
- By phone to Miramar Brig Public Affairs office: 858-577-7071
- By phone to Miramar Brig Commander, CDR Norman Presecan, 858-577-7000
Fort Carson, CO (Kimberly Rivera's home command)
- Brig. General Michael A. Bills, c/o Fort Carson Public Affairs Office, fax: 719-526-1021, email: email@example.com (faxes can be sent for free via the website FaxZero.com)
* Minister of Peace & Justice - joymennonite.org
* Writer - MilitaryLawpress.com
* Attorney at Law - JMBranum.com
405.494.0562 (c) 866.757.8785 (f)
PO Box 721016, Oklahoma City, OK 73172
PRIVACY NOTICE: This electronic message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unless otherwise stated, this information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.21 (MingW32)
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
San Diego Military Counseling Project
Post a Comment