From: Carol Jahnkow <email@example.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Subject: Call on CPUC to Investigate San Onofre--NOT ONE DIME MORE! 10/25/12 CPUC Meeting!
IMPORTANT METTING OF THE CALIFORNIA PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION (CPUC)Thursday, October 25, 2012 -- Irvine City Council Chambers, 1 Civic Center Plaza, Irvine 92606
- More info on meeting and how to participate personally or by e-mail
- Our core message to the CPUC (also attached)
Core Message to the CPUC
It's time to cut our losses and permanently shut down the defective San Onofre nuclear reactors.
· Edison's plan to restart (even at partial power) defective and damaged equipment is unacceptable. This is not a prudent or reasonable plan for ensuring cost effective and reliable power.
· Forcing customers to pay potentially billions of dollars for Edison's aging and crippled nuclear reactors is unacceptable. Edison and SDG&E customers already have some of the highest electricity rates in California and the nation.
· The CPUC investigation should analyze costs and reliability through the current license period. This will show that Edison's mismanaged, defective and aging nuclear reactors are a bad investment for California ratepayers.
· Near-term replacements for San Onofre power should emphasize reducing demand, and strengthening energy efficiency and renewable options. This would address economic and environmental impacts from the San Onofre outage.
· OII proceedings regarding San Onofre should be conducted in the area most impacted by the decisions of these proceedings, particularly the pre-hearing conference.
A Detailed explanation of the Core message is in the attached file.