Artists, Activists and Friends,
As a visual artists, I am often approached to donate artwork for charitable organizations and causes. With the current laws in place, as an artist I receive very little monetary benefit from making a donation, as I can only deduct the cost of my supplies. When I received word that there a bill for action that would allow artists to deduct the full market value of an artwork when it was donated, I took notice.
House Bill 1524 Artist-Museum Partnership Act
This proposal would allow artists to claim a deduction for the full value of certain donated works when donated to museums and other non-profit organizations.
Federal: Urge Your Representative to Co-Sponsor the House Artist Deduction Bill Write to Your Representative Now!
Urge Members of the House of Representatives to co-sponsor H.R.1524, which would allow artists to take a fair-market value deduction for works given to and retained by nonprofit institutions. The U.S. tax system accords unequal treatment to creators and collectors who donate tangible works (e.g., paintings or manuscripts) to museums, libraries, educational or other collecting institutions. A collector may take a tax deduction for the fair-market value of the work, but creators may deduct only their "basis" value—essentially the cost of materials such as paint and canvas.
Send your Representative a message now by entering your zip code in the box below. If your Representative has already co-sponsored this bill, then you will be provided with a message to thank them for taking action on this important issue. To read more about this bill click here.
Please Take Action Now!
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (396)
- ► 2009 (407)
- Cheryl Ede
- Drills May Go Live?!!
- Public Access Television Broadcast - Recording Thi...
- Load Up the Pantry-Wall Street Journal
- Amber Alert Notification
- Tune Your Computers For Streaming Video
- Voices Against the War
- Green Cities
- Blackwater keeps at it
- Special Programs at Malcolm X Library
- Hunger in Haiti
- NCCPJ Updates
- Filner Attending Protest
- Blackwater Finds New Home in the South Bay
- Organizing Info
- Filmmakers Screen Documentary Aimed at State's Thr...
- Artist-Museum Partnership Act
- Gore Vidal and Floyd Morrow Meet and Greet
- Good Information
- Faces and Voices of Recovery
- Condi Rice Must Go!!!
- Author Makes Good on Promise
- Health Care For All
- Prison Population Reduction
- SPIN Blog Posting - Defending Your Dreams: Making ...
- Mike Copass for Congress - Earth Day
- Who is Michael Mukasey?
- Fund Raising Event for Children With Incarcerated ...
- April Community Coalition Meeting
- Susan Davis and Mike Copass Video
- SD 911 Truth West Coast Convergence
- The Religious Left: Food for Thought
- Port Shut Down
- Bill Press, Host of the Nation...
- ACLU News
- Cobert Report Premium Package/Blog email
- Activist San Diego
- IRAQ War and Upcoming Events
- Are you conflicted? Tax time again
- RSVP "Get to Know Your Candidates" Forum
- Persecuted People of China
- ▼ April (42)