I'm not in agreement with this war, I'm not in agreement with murdering, injuring, maiming, looting, raping, pillaging or anything else you want to call what this gvernment is doing to the people and countries in the middle east.
I'm not in agreement with what the costs of this war is doing to this country, cutting health care, cutting vital educational programs, the loss of jobs, or the rising cost of oil.
So if I pay my federal income taxes, am I supporting the war? Am I saying OK to pre-emptive war/agression? Am I being part of those that turn their heads and pretend not to see hundreds of thousands of people being killed, maimed, displaced, homeless, without the necessities of life?
I am one of those americans that is in the middle income bracket, I don't qualify for the tax breaks of the rich, I don't qualify for the low income programs (although with the rising cost of living I soon could be!) I have paid my way for years, barely making ends meet, but meeting them with very little extra. With the ends getting further and further apart.
So now the federal government wants me to give them more of my hard earned money.
If memory serves, our ancestors came to this country to escape unjust tax. . . . we are to the point now that everything that we do is taxed, over and over again, even after we die!
So I say again, (after a bit of a rant!) am I a hypocrite if I pay this tax to support the war. If I don't pay, am I willing to suffer the consequences inflicted by and the oppression levied by the IRS?
The "free" citizens of this country should not be forced to decide if they want to be part of committing murder by joining in the financing of this war.
Well I have a few more days to make this decision.
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2023 (24)
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (396)
- ► 2009 (407)
- Cheryl Ede
- Drills May Go Live?!!
- Public Access Television Broadcast - Recording Thi...
- Load Up the Pantry-Wall Street Journal
- Amber Alert Notification
- Tune Your Computers For Streaming Video
- Voices Against the War
- Green Cities
- Blackwater keeps at it
- Special Programs at Malcolm X Library
- Hunger in Haiti
- NCCPJ Updates
- Filner Attending Protest
- Blackwater Finds New Home in the South Bay
- Organizing Info
- Filmmakers Screen Documentary Aimed at State's Thr...
- Artist-Museum Partnership Act
- Gore Vidal and Floyd Morrow Meet and Greet
- Good Information
- Faces and Voices of Recovery
- Condi Rice Must Go!!!
- Author Makes Good on Promise
- Health Care For All
- Prison Population Reduction
- SPIN Blog Posting - Defending Your Dreams: Making ...
- Mike Copass for Congress - Earth Day
- Who is Michael Mukasey?
- Fund Raising Event for Children With Incarcerated ...
- April Community Coalition Meeting
- Susan Davis and Mike Copass Video
- SD 911 Truth West Coast Convergence
- The Religious Left: Food for Thought
- Port Shut Down
- Bill Press, Host of the Nation...
- ACLU News
- Cobert Report Premium Package/Blog email
- Activist San Diego
- IRAQ War and Upcoming Events
- Are you conflicted? Tax time again
- RSVP "Get to Know Your Candidates" Forum
- Persecuted People of China
- ▼ April (42)