Let's not forget about nuclear disarmament!
Congress is at a turning point. In the last 16 months, lawmakers have ratified the New START treaty to reduce the number of deployed nuclear weapons, increased funding to prevent these weapons' spread, and blocked the start of a $5 billion nuclear weapons facility.
Under pressure to cut the federal deficit, Congress and the administration are questioning whether the U.S. should continue to spend billions of dollars a year to maintain 5,000 nuclear warheads and the systems to launch these weapons at unknown enemies.
Yet lawmakers need to hear that constituents support this progress and want more. This edition of the Washington Newsletter covers the prospects for the signing of a Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, discusses the mounting tensions with Iran, and lays out a blueprint for a world without nuclear weapons.
Forming ethical coalitions that stand for peace, human rights, the environment, social justice and prosperity.
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Monday, July 9, 2012
[SDCPJ] Let's not forget about nuclear disarmament!
Posted by Walter Davis at 6:27 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- [SDCPJ] Citizens demand action before any San Onof...
- [SDCPJ] Strategies For The Return: Landmark Tenth ...
- [SDCPJ] San Onofre resolution passed by CA Dems an...
- [SDCPJ] Community Radio Organizing meeting... come...
- [SDCPJ] Progressive North County meeting, Sat., Ju...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Free Press - Progressive News an...
- [SDCPJ] August is Nuclear Free Future Month--Join ...
- [SDCPJ] 2012-08-05..09 Las Vegas NV: Anti-Nuke act...
- [SDCPJ] Speak out against San Onofre: Escondido Ci...
- [SDCPJ] Please Forward: Activist Film Sat. July 28...
- [SDCPJ] Anti-militarist Web site recently updated
- [SDCPJ] Global Warming's Terrifying New Math Three...
- [SDCPJ] Please Forward!! >>> Activist-KNSJ's POST ...
- [SDCPJ] Activists call NRC Ruling "Dangerous Coverup"
- [SDCPJ] SUNDAY, 8 PM -- Stand up Comedy,“A Post Pr...
- [SDCPJ] Progressive Pride Contingent & After Party :)
- [SDCPJ] "Plastic Ocean" with Capt. Moore; August 5...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Talk: Nuclear Energy: Lessons Learned...
- [SDCPJ] Tues 24th ~ Help the PRC! 10am-noon
- [SDCPJ] Radical Education Summit (July 16-26)
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Free Press - Alive and kickin
- [SDCPJ] Reminder TONIGHT< Mon. 7 PM: Eyewitness of...
- [SDCPJ] THIS TUE 7/17 ~ OUT RAGE '69 with SAME, CF...
- [SDCPJ] Holtville Visit, BORDER ANGELS UPDATE 7/16/12
- [SDCPJ] Crisis at San Onofre: What to Look For in ...
- [SDCPJ] 7/21 - SDCPJ@Pride
- [SDCPJ] Woody turns 100! This week's cultural news...
- [SDCPJ] FWD: Diablo Canyon Relicensing Requires Se...
- [SDCPJ] Singer/Songwriter/Satirist Roy Zimmerman i...
- [SDCPJ] REMINDER! 2 COMEDY FUNDRAISERS; Benefitin...
- [SDCPJ] North San Diego County Progressives Meetin...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [OccupySD] Occupy - 2012-07-12
- [SDCPJ] Visions & Images Exhibit at the Centro Cul...
- [SDCPJ] New Report San Onofre's Steam Generators i...
- Anaheim Film Festival Schedule and Film Submission
- [SDCPJ] Thurs. July 12 at 7 PM -Community Radio Me...
- [SDCPJ] Please forward: 2 COMEDY FUNDRAISERS; Ben...
- [SDCPJ] Pride in the Struggle! Events next week - ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: SanDiego350.org Updates and News - Ju...
- [SDCPJ] Green Store Open House Saturday, July 14
- [SDCPJ] Let's not forget about nuclear disarmament!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Bradley Manning at Ft. Meade, July 16-20
- [SDCPJ] Tues July 10 ~ Brown Bag Books @ PRC
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Anti-Nuclear Activist, Mother And Far...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SCDPJ, Monday July 9, 3 PM, Friend...
- [SDCPJ] Reminder! Update from Fukushima, Saturday,...
- [SDCPJ] Sat 7/7, Stop TPP!
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ Meeting Monday, July 9!
- [SDCPJ] July 16th @ 7pm: Activist SD report-back f...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [OccupySD] Occupy - 2012-07-05
- [SDCPJ] Could economics doom ailing Calif. nuke pl...
- [SDCPJ] Happy 4th! Be Patriotic This Year
- [SDCPJ] Sunday July 15: SIXTH ANNUAL PALESTINE PIC...
- [SDCPJ] Fri July 6th: People’s Conference - Food F...
- [SDCPJ] CALL YOUR REPS - Occupy Movement must make...
- ▼ July (55)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)
Post a Comment