FWD: Diablo Canyon Relicensing Requires Seismic Blasts That Will
Injure Whales & Other Sea Creatures
[It looks like at least some of those sonic blasts might be linked to
relicensing CA's *other* NPP--- the one not yet in (public) trouble.]
From: Joey Racano <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:36:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [SaveLosOsos] Seismic testing/State Marine Reserve Special
Report [1 Attachment]
Seismic testing/State Marine Reserve Special Report
The Secretary of Resources of the State of California (John Laird)
was very kind and allowed me a meeting with top people from state
government. As an activist, I feel very blessed to be involved with
the Marine Life Protection Act (which created a series of marine
protected areas up and down our coast). You see, nobody's ever done
this before, nothing like this has ever been tried. So nobody can
look down their nose at you and tell you you're doing it wrong. Or
right. What we're doing is being done for the very first time, and
all that old stuff, the old ways of doing things- well, it just
didn't work. So now it's OUR turn to try! And like I've been saying,
the very first two State Marine Reserves are already under viscious attack!
The drive to Sacramento was well worth it! So far, it comes down to
this: PG&E aren't just planning to do the seismic testing on their
own; they have been mandated to do it by the legislature in order to
get their re-lisencing! At this point in time, it turns out that the
Central Coast Waterboard erroneously gave Morro Bay Harbor Department
permission to dredge adjacent to the State Marine Reserve in Morro
Bay Estuary perhaps, I guess, because they didn't know they were
already signatories to a Memorandum of Understanding between many
state and federal regulatory agencies to work together to implement
the Marine Life Protection Act, and protect State Marine Reserves
like the one whose death warrant they just signed!
And, one thing leading to another, the very next State Marine Reserve
on the list, the Point Buchon State Marine reserve, is in very real
danger of having all life within it -including Great Blue Whales-
killed with 260 decibel seismic blasts, every 63 seconds around the
clock for 40 days and 40 nights.
40 days and 40 nights; remind you of anything?
Anyway, I've created the FB page:
Stop the Diablo Canyon Seismic Testing
...and I urge you to join and share and urge your friends to join. My
plan is to stop the testing by stopping people from playing fast and
loose with our new network of Marine Reserves! We have great
activists out here, some excellent people in key government
positions, and we can win for the whales- by making an even louder
noise than any seismic testing!
Stay tuned for more, the party just started!
love and respect,
ps- thanx to the folks in Sacramento for really caring, listening and helping!
photo L-R Sonke Mastrup (F&G Comm) Mellisa Miller-Henson, Cat Kuhlman
(Deputy Sec for Oceans and Coast), Ken Wiseman (Exec Drctr, MLPA)
Joey Racano: 'Weapon of mass discussion'
At 11:05 AM 7/6/2012, Julie Levine wrote:
Begin forwarded message:
From: "Lyndia Storey" <email@example.com>
Date: July 6, 2012 7:54:32 AM PDT
To: "Julie Levine" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Navy to kill 1,800 whales and dolphins? And deafen 15,900 more?
Below is an email from Lyndia Storey, a MoveOn member from Lompico,
California, who created a petition on SignOn.org that's growing
rapidly. If you have concerns or feedback about this petition, click here.
Sdcpj mailing list
Forming ethical coalitions that stand for peace, human rights, the environment, social justice and prosperity.
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Friday, July 13, 2012
[SDCPJ] FWD: Diablo Canyon Relicensing Requires Seismic Blasts That Will Injure Whales & Other Sea Creatures
Posted by Walter Davis at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- [SDCPJ] Citizens demand action before any San Onof...
- [SDCPJ] Strategies For The Return: Landmark Tenth ...
- [SDCPJ] San Onofre resolution passed by CA Dems an...
- [SDCPJ] Community Radio Organizing meeting... come...
- [SDCPJ] Progressive North County meeting, Sat., Ju...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Free Press - Progressive News an...
- [SDCPJ] August is Nuclear Free Future Month--Join ...
- [SDCPJ] 2012-08-05..09 Las Vegas NV: Anti-Nuke act...
- [SDCPJ] Speak out against San Onofre: Escondido Ci...
- [SDCPJ] Please Forward: Activist Film Sat. July 28...
- [SDCPJ] Anti-militarist Web site recently updated
- [SDCPJ] Global Warming's Terrifying New Math Three...
- [SDCPJ] Please Forward!! >>> Activist-KNSJ's POST ...
- [SDCPJ] Activists call NRC Ruling "Dangerous Coverup"
- [SDCPJ] SUNDAY, 8 PM -- Stand up Comedy,“A Post Pr...
- [SDCPJ] Progressive Pride Contingent & After Party :)
- [SDCPJ] "Plastic Ocean" with Capt. Moore; August 5...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Talk: Nuclear Energy: Lessons Learned...
- [SDCPJ] Tues 24th ~ Help the PRC! 10am-noon
- [SDCPJ] Radical Education Summit (July 16-26)
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Free Press - Alive and kickin
- [SDCPJ] Reminder TONIGHT< Mon. 7 PM: Eyewitness of...
- [SDCPJ] THIS TUE 7/17 ~ OUT RAGE '69 with SAME, CF...
- [SDCPJ] Holtville Visit, BORDER ANGELS UPDATE 7/16/12
- [SDCPJ] Crisis at San Onofre: What to Look For in ...
- [SDCPJ] 7/21 - SDCPJ@Pride
- [SDCPJ] Woody turns 100! This week's cultural news...
- [SDCPJ] FWD: Diablo Canyon Relicensing Requires Se...
- [SDCPJ] Singer/Songwriter/Satirist Roy Zimmerman i...
- [SDCPJ] REMINDER! 2 COMEDY FUNDRAISERS; Benefitin...
- [SDCPJ] North San Diego County Progressives Meetin...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [OccupySD] Occupy - 2012-07-12
- [SDCPJ] Visions & Images Exhibit at the Centro Cul...
- [SDCPJ] New Report San Onofre's Steam Generators i...
- Anaheim Film Festival Schedule and Film Submission
- [SDCPJ] Thurs. July 12 at 7 PM -Community Radio Me...
- [SDCPJ] Please forward: 2 COMEDY FUNDRAISERS; Ben...
- [SDCPJ] Pride in the Struggle! Events next week - ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: SanDiego350.org Updates and News - Ju...
- [SDCPJ] Green Store Open House Saturday, July 14
- [SDCPJ] Let's not forget about nuclear disarmament!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Bradley Manning at Ft. Meade, July 16-20
- [SDCPJ] Tues July 10 ~ Brown Bag Books @ PRC
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Anti-Nuclear Activist, Mother And Far...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SCDPJ, Monday July 9, 3 PM, Friend...
- [SDCPJ] Reminder! Update from Fukushima, Saturday,...
- [SDCPJ] Sat 7/7, Stop TPP!
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ Meeting Monday, July 9!
- [SDCPJ] July 16th @ 7pm: Activist SD report-back f...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [OccupySD] Occupy - 2012-07-05
- [SDCPJ] Could economics doom ailing Calif. nuke pl...
- [SDCPJ] Happy 4th! Be Patriotic This Year
- [SDCPJ] Sunday July 15: SIXTH ANNUAL PALESTINE PIC...
- [SDCPJ] Fri July 6th: People’s Conference - Food F...
- [SDCPJ] CALL YOUR REPS - Occupy Movement must make...
- ▼ July (55)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)
Post a Comment