2012-08-05..09 Las Vegas NV: Anti-Nuke actions
Nevada Desert Experience - August Desert Witness PEACE Events
Public Event · By Mary Lou Anderson
Sunday, August 5, 2012 [2012-08-05..09 actually]
Multiple Locations - SEE INFO!
August 5 Book Signing:
Drone Warfare: Killing by Remote Control
with Author and Activist Medea Benjamin,
co-Founder of the organization CODEPINK: Women for Peace
Sunday August 5
2:00 to 4:00 pm
520 Fremont Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Come hear Medea Benjamin read from her new
book, Drone Warfare: Killing by Remote Control.
This is an excellent conversation starter and
well-rounded introduction to the subject.
Benjamin is great at connecting the dots, raising
ethical questions and speaking passionately. The
Beat Cafe will be open, and the event will be in
the Common Gallery on the first floor.
August 6 to 9
Protests Against the Largest Drone Convention in the World
AUVSI Meets at Mandalay Bay Convention Center
8000 People from 40 Countries
If you want to help be a fly in the ointment of
this new killing machine's smooth running, check
in with NDE as plans develop further with other allies.
Anti-Test at the Mercury Entrance to the Nevada
Test Site (Nevada National Security Site)
6:30 to 8:00 am (Before it gets really hot!)...
And then in Las Vegas
Educational Picket at the National Atomic Testing Museum
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Greet visitors to this museum that is devoted
to remembering the Cold War in all its nuclear
glory...and not much of the horror. We will
informally supplement the discourse and remind
people of the ongoing fallout from the use of the
atomic bomb in 1945 as we memorialize the victims in Nagasaki (and Hiroshima).
For other actions around the southwest and as
part of the move to "un-Occupy the Nuclear
Weapons Complex, visit NukeFreeNow.org
Sdcpj mailing list
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- [SDCPJ] Citizens demand action before any San Onof...
- [SDCPJ] Strategies For The Return: Landmark Tenth ...
- [SDCPJ] San Onofre resolution passed by CA Dems an...
- [SDCPJ] Community Radio Organizing meeting... come...
- [SDCPJ] Progressive North County meeting, Sat., Ju...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Free Press - Progressive News an...
- [SDCPJ] August is Nuclear Free Future Month--Join ...
- [SDCPJ] 2012-08-05..09 Las Vegas NV: Anti-Nuke act...
- [SDCPJ] Speak out against San Onofre: Escondido Ci...
- [SDCPJ] Please Forward: Activist Film Sat. July 28...
- [SDCPJ] Anti-militarist Web site recently updated
- [SDCPJ] Global Warming's Terrifying New Math Three...
- [SDCPJ] Please Forward!! >>> Activist-KNSJ's POST ...
- [SDCPJ] Activists call NRC Ruling "Dangerous Coverup"
- [SDCPJ] SUNDAY, 8 PM -- Stand up Comedy,“A Post Pr...
- [SDCPJ] Progressive Pride Contingent & After Party :)
- [SDCPJ] "Plastic Ocean" with Capt. Moore; August 5...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Talk: Nuclear Energy: Lessons Learned...
- [SDCPJ] Tues 24th ~ Help the PRC! 10am-noon
- [SDCPJ] Radical Education Summit (July 16-26)
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Free Press - Alive and kickin
- [SDCPJ] Reminder TONIGHT< Mon. 7 PM: Eyewitness of...
- [SDCPJ] THIS TUE 7/17 ~ OUT RAGE '69 with SAME, CF...
- [SDCPJ] Holtville Visit, BORDER ANGELS UPDATE 7/16/12
- [SDCPJ] Crisis at San Onofre: What to Look For in ...
- [SDCPJ] 7/21 - SDCPJ@Pride
- [SDCPJ] Woody turns 100! This week's cultural news...
- [SDCPJ] FWD: Diablo Canyon Relicensing Requires Se...
- [SDCPJ] Singer/Songwriter/Satirist Roy Zimmerman i...
- [SDCPJ] REMINDER! 2 COMEDY FUNDRAISERS; Benefitin...
- [SDCPJ] North San Diego County Progressives Meetin...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [OccupySD] Occupy - 2012-07-12
- [SDCPJ] Visions & Images Exhibit at the Centro Cul...
- [SDCPJ] New Report San Onofre's Steam Generators i...
- Anaheim Film Festival Schedule and Film Submission
- [SDCPJ] Thurs. July 12 at 7 PM -Community Radio Me...
- [SDCPJ] Please forward: 2 COMEDY FUNDRAISERS; Ben...
- [SDCPJ] Pride in the Struggle! Events next week - ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: SanDiego350.org Updates and News - Ju...
- [SDCPJ] Green Store Open House Saturday, July 14
- [SDCPJ] Let's not forget about nuclear disarmament!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Bradley Manning at Ft. Meade, July 16-20
- [SDCPJ] Tues July 10 ~ Brown Bag Books @ PRC
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Anti-Nuclear Activist, Mother And Far...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SCDPJ, Monday July 9, 3 PM, Friend...
- [SDCPJ] Reminder! Update from Fukushima, Saturday,...
- [SDCPJ] Sat 7/7, Stop TPP!
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ Meeting Monday, July 9!
- [SDCPJ] July 16th @ 7pm: Activist SD report-back f...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [OccupySD] Occupy - 2012-07-05
- [SDCPJ] Could economics doom ailing Calif. nuke pl...
- [SDCPJ] Happy 4th! Be Patriotic This Year
- [SDCPJ] Sunday July 15: SIXTH ANNUAL PALESTINE PIC...
- [SDCPJ] Fri July 6th: People’s Conference - Food F...
- [SDCPJ] CALL YOUR REPS - Occupy Movement must make...
- ▼ July (55)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)