Citizens demand action before any San Onofre restart
July 31, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
GENE STONE, Residents Organized for a Safe Environment (ROSE) 949-233-7724
GARY HEADRICK, SAN CLEMENTE GREEN 949-412-3366
CAROL JAHNKOW, PEACE RESOURCE CENTER OF S.D. 760-390-0775
RAYMOND LUTZ, CITIZENS' OVERSIGHT PROJECTS (COPS) 619-820-5321
ROSS TEASLEY, Earth/Ocean Society 949-235-7195
As citizens of Southern California, we are deeply concerned about Southern California Edison's projected restart of San Onofre Reactor Number 2 on or about November 18, 2012 and reactor number 3 on December 31, 2012. SCE's plan to start the reactors at a lower power to "see" if there are still problems is completely unacceptable. It is inconceivable that the government agencies in charge of assuring the safe operation of this nuclear power plant would allow SCE to experiment like this with the safety and health of our residents and communities.
We demand before any restart goes forward, that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the State of California provide the opportunity for a full adjudicatory, evidentiary hearing, including full participation by independent experts and groups, for the purpose of deciding whether or not to issue a license amendment–without which the reactor cannot operate. Had not Edison and the NRC evaded the requirement for an evidentiary hearing and license amendment when the new replacement steam generators were installed we would not be in the current situation. Had such regulatory diligence been undertaken, the current problems would have been caught and prevented. A restart now, of the reactors with their failing steam generators, without such a hearing and license amendment puts our communities in Southern California at far greater risk.
Forming ethical coalitions that stand for peace, human rights, the environment, social justice and prosperity.
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
[SDCPJ] Citizens demand action before any San Onofre restart
Posted by Walter Davis at 8:47 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- [SDCPJ] Citizens demand action before any San Onof...
- [SDCPJ] Strategies For The Return: Landmark Tenth ...
- [SDCPJ] San Onofre resolution passed by CA Dems an...
- [SDCPJ] Community Radio Organizing meeting... come...
- [SDCPJ] Progressive North County meeting, Sat., Ju...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Free Press - Progressive News an...
- [SDCPJ] August is Nuclear Free Future Month--Join ...
- [SDCPJ] 2012-08-05..09 Las Vegas NV: Anti-Nuke act...
- [SDCPJ] Speak out against San Onofre: Escondido Ci...
- [SDCPJ] Please Forward: Activist Film Sat. July 28...
- [SDCPJ] Anti-militarist Web site recently updated
- [SDCPJ] Global Warming's Terrifying New Math Three...
- [SDCPJ] Please Forward!! >>> Activist-KNSJ's POST ...
- [SDCPJ] Activists call NRC Ruling "Dangerous Coverup"
- [SDCPJ] SUNDAY, 8 PM -- Stand up Comedy,“A Post Pr...
- [SDCPJ] Progressive Pride Contingent & After Party :)
- [SDCPJ] "Plastic Ocean" with Capt. Moore; August 5...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Talk: Nuclear Energy: Lessons Learned...
- [SDCPJ] Tues 24th ~ Help the PRC! 10am-noon
- [SDCPJ] Radical Education Summit (July 16-26)
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Free Press - Alive and kickin
- [SDCPJ] Reminder TONIGHT< Mon. 7 PM: Eyewitness of...
- [SDCPJ] THIS TUE 7/17 ~ OUT RAGE '69 with SAME, CF...
- [SDCPJ] Holtville Visit, BORDER ANGELS UPDATE 7/16/12
- [SDCPJ] Crisis at San Onofre: What to Look For in ...
- [SDCPJ] 7/21 - SDCPJ@Pride
- [SDCPJ] Woody turns 100! This week's cultural news...
- [SDCPJ] FWD: Diablo Canyon Relicensing Requires Se...
- [SDCPJ] Singer/Songwriter/Satirist Roy Zimmerman i...
- [SDCPJ] REMINDER! 2 COMEDY FUNDRAISERS; Benefitin...
- [SDCPJ] North San Diego County Progressives Meetin...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [OccupySD] Occupy - 2012-07-12
- [SDCPJ] Visions & Images Exhibit at the Centro Cul...
- [SDCPJ] New Report San Onofre's Steam Generators i...
- Anaheim Film Festival Schedule and Film Submission
- [SDCPJ] Thurs. July 12 at 7 PM -Community Radio Me...
- [SDCPJ] Please forward: 2 COMEDY FUNDRAISERS; Ben...
- [SDCPJ] Pride in the Struggle! Events next week - ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: SanDiego350.org Updates and News - Ju...
- [SDCPJ] Green Store Open House Saturday, July 14
- [SDCPJ] Let's not forget about nuclear disarmament!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Bradley Manning at Ft. Meade, July 16-20
- [SDCPJ] Tues July 10 ~ Brown Bag Books @ PRC
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Anti-Nuclear Activist, Mother And Far...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SCDPJ, Monday July 9, 3 PM, Friend...
- [SDCPJ] Reminder! Update from Fukushima, Saturday,...
- [SDCPJ] Sat 7/7, Stop TPP!
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ Meeting Monday, July 9!
- [SDCPJ] July 16th @ 7pm: Activist SD report-back f...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [OccupySD] Occupy - 2012-07-05
- [SDCPJ] Could economics doom ailing Calif. nuke pl...
- [SDCPJ] Happy 4th! Be Patriotic This Year
- [SDCPJ] Sunday July 15: SIXTH ANNUAL PALESTINE PIC...
- [SDCPJ] Fri July 6th: People’s Conference - Food F...
- [SDCPJ] CALL YOUR REPS - Occupy Movement must make...
- ▼ July (55)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (396)
- ► 2009 (407)
- ► 2008 (348)
Post a Comment