From: Occupy Oceanside
Sent: Dec 14, 2011 3:19 PM
To: Occupy Oceanside
Subject: ACTION ALERT: Occupy A Home Tomorrow
Disabled teacher brings
Occupy Our Homes
Movement to Murrieta
There will be a press-conference, occupation with tents & General Assembly at Murrieta home
MURRIETA – A disabled and bedridden schoolteacher has vowed not to leave her home if evicted. After gathering over 3000 supporters on a change.org petition and gathering press coverage of her plight, the Lesliane Bouchard has now called on the www.occcupyourhomes.orgmovement to support her plight. Facing foreclosure, there is a simple solution. Ms. Bouchard has approved by the Hardest Hit States Fund principal reduction program. If First Mortgage Corporation opts into this program, she will have the funding to keep her house.
WHO: Disabled and bedridden schoolteacher Lesliane Bouchard, with the support of her synagogue, her neighbors, Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment, change.org, OccupySanDiego, OccupyTemecula and OccupyOceanside and many others.
WHERE: 40734 Mountain Pride Drive, Murrieta, CA 92562
WHEN: Thursday, December 15, beginning at 3:30pm
Press conference with supporters begins at 3:30pm
General assembly will begin at 5:45pm
Occupiers will be camping out
WHAT : Lesliane Bouchard has declared that she has joined the Occupy Our Homes movement and is pledging not to leave her home if foreclosed and evicted. She is hosting a one-night occupation at her home and will be asking the occupy movement to stand by her side to resist eviction if First Mortgage Corporation refuses to work with her.
BACKGROUND: Here is the text of her online petition, created by her daughter, Kristiane Chappell which can be found at http://www.change.org/petitions/first-mortgage-corporation-dont-foreclose-on-a-disabled-schoolteacher
"My mom Lesliane Bouchard, a disabled teacher in California, may lose her home because her mortgage company, First Mortgage Corporation, refuses to participate in some of the federal programs that could keep her in it.
She has been *approved* for the federal government's Hardest Hit State Fund, which would pay down enough of her principal balance enough to keep her in her home. But First Mortgage Corporation refuses to participate in the program, which is only optional for lenders.
Mom is completely bedridden due to a spinal injury that left her in constant excruciating pain. She had to stop teaching last year as a result, and her income dropped by 40%. Programs like the Hardest Hit States Fund exist to help people just like her, but they won't work if lenders won't participate in them.
Mom's current home is about the same distance from all of her adult children, enabling us to share the responsibility of caring for her. If she loses her home, it will be impossible to split duties, making her care much more difficult, and more expensive.
Her home was in foreclosure until HUD put a 90-day hold on the proceedings. Now the time is just ticking away until mom is once again at risk of losing her home. Lesliane Bouchard should be able to live out her life with access to appropriate care and all her children. Please join me in demanding that First Mortgage Corporation keep her in her home."
Occupy Our Homes is a movement that supports Americans who stand up to their banks and fight for their homes. We believe everyone has a right to decent, affordable housing. We stand in solidarity with the Occupy Wall Street movement and with community organizations who help the 99% fight for a place to call home. Community members are invited to take the pledge by visiting www.occupyourhomes.org
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
[SDCPJ] Fw: ACTION ALERT: Occupy A Home Tomorrow (Thursday)
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy the New Year: Dec. 3...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/31/11
- [SDCPJ] New Years with Occupy San Diego Dec. 31st ...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/30 -- NEW ...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/29 (New Fo...
- [SDCPJ] Jan 5 - "A Common Humanity" & conversation...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: LAST MINUTE ANNOUNCEMENT -- Occupy Upd...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/28
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/27 -- Plea...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/26
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/25 MERRY XMAS
- [SDCPJ] Bradley Manning: Hero or Traitor?
- [SDCPJ] Occupy San Diego "trailer" video
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/24
- [SDCPJ] URGENT - Appeal to San Diego progressives ...
- ElVideoLiberal sent you a video: "Elena Cruz Is In...
- ElVideoLiberal sent you a video: "Living Tools wit...
- ElVideoLiberal sent you a video: "John Falchi on P...
- Republican Crackup...bad for America
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/23
- [SDCPJ] 3 arrests last night at Occupy San Diego
- [SDCPJ] FW: [UNAC-CC] Fwd: Important CAIR-Columbus...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/22
- LEFT HOOK - AMERICAN FALL
- LEFT HOOK - AMERICAN FALL
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/21
- Voter Suppression
- [SDCPJ] Food 4 Less Rally-Wednesday
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/20
- [SDCPJ] FW: [UNAC-CC] Stop the National Defense Au...
- [SDCPJ] Story and video from Bradley Manning Suppo...
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, 69, has died - Ya...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/19
- Medical Marijuana - Eugene Davidovich 12/18 by SDC...
- [SDCPJ] Sit In Monday at Democratic Party HQ in Pr...
- Eugene Davidovich
- [SDCPJ] URGENT! Tell President Obama to veto the NDAA
- [SDCPJ] Sit In Monday at Democratic Party HQ to Pr...
- [SDCPJ] Hallelujah Corporations..an anthem of the 1%
- [SDCPJ] UC Riverside study finds 150 Occupy camps ...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/17
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/16
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/15
- [SDCPJ] Thur 12/15! Urban Ag NEEDS YOU!! at Planni...
- [SDCPJ] The Protester: TIME Magazine 2011 "Person ...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: ACTION ALERT: Occupy A Home Tomorrow (...
- [SDCPJ] ACTION ALERT: PALESTINIAN CHILDREN HELD IN...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 12/14
- [SDCPJ] Occupy the Airwaves: ~ Thurs, Dec. 15th @ ...
- [SDCPJ] Please Forward; OCCUPY the HOLIDAYS ~ Mon....
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [helping-out] Urgent - PBS broadcast ...
- [SDCPJ] Saturday: Rally for Bradley Manning on his...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy Our Homes Press Conference and Occu...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/13
- [SDCPJ] Reminder: Tues 12/13 - "Brother Outsider" ...
- [SDCPJ] January 10th: The First Major BDS Event in...
- [SDCPJ] West Coast Port Shutdown News/Updates
- [SDCPJ] NYPD and NYC City Hall Break Children's He...
- [SDCPJ] Blackwater changes name again
- [SDCPJ] raising funds for documentary "The Iran Jo...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 12/12
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ - AGenda, Monday 12/12, 7 PM
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Update for 12/11
- [SDCPJ] Rally for Bradley Manning on his 24th Birt...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] 12/10 update
- ElVideoLiberal sent you a video: "A Convenient Tru...
- [SDCPJ] Last chance! Peace Bazaar, Sat. Dec. 10, 1...
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ Monday 12/12 - Call for Agenda Items
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Update for 12/9
- [SDCPJ] FW: [unac] Call for Action: Defend the Rig...
- [SDCPJ] CORRECTION: National Day of Mobilization f...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Please join us TONIGHT to celebrate th...
- [SDCPJ] 14Article: The blooming Arab Spring in Syr...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Dec. 8 Update
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Update for Dec. 7
- [SDCPJ] A time-sensitive message
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Update for Dec. 6
- [SDCPJ] Important Event On the 63rd Anniversaries ...
- [SDCPJ] TUES Dec 13: Film "Brother Outsider" with ...
- [SDCPJ] FW: [unac] Hear Bill McKibben, Ann Wright,...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [CEDP] December 9 Day of Action: FREE...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy San Diego 12/5 Update
- [SDCPJ] Occupy the ports
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/4
- [SDCPJ] *SAVE this email* Upcoming OSD Events and ...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/3
- [SDCPJ] U.N. Envoy for freedom of expression says ...
- [SDCPJ] FW: [unac] No War, No Sanctions, No Intern...
- [SDCPJ] Erik Prince of Blackwater Tried to Intimid...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [prcsd] Sat Dec 10th ~ Support local g...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 12/2
- [SDCPJ] OSD request for TRO denied; Lutz files Civ...
- ▼ December (92)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)