Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:
Contact Undecided Senators and Ask For Their Support of the Iran Deal
As of yesterday, 34 Senators have declared their support for the Iran agreement! This means if the Senate will not be able to block the deal
Thank you for all you have done to get us this far.
Claim your power! This victory is due in no small part to the 1.5 million grassroots actions since July 14.
But don't rest yet. A vote in the Senate is expected next week.
1. There are 7 'undecided' Senate Democrats. If you are in their state, contact them every day to urge their support. If you are not in their state, contact them every day to urge their support. Be polite and persistent and let them know you are with Veterans For Peace. The seven are:
- Michael Bennett – Colorado
- Cory Booker – New Jersey
- Maria Cantwell – Washington
- Ben Cardin – Maryland
- Heidi Heitkamp – North Dakota
- Gary Peters – Michigan
- Mark Warner – Virginia
Call the Capitol toll-free* at 855-686-6927* and ask for one of the above Senators by name. Then call back for another on the list.
2. Legislators who openly support the deal continue to feel pressure from wealthy special interest groups. Check here to see where your Senator stands. If your Senator is supporting the deal, say Thank You! The best way to do this is publicly, with a Letter to the Editor. Use this web page* to easily compose and send letters. Mention the Senator(s) by name and they will be sure to see it. Be sure to mention that you are with Veterans For Peace to establish a positive relationship for the future.
*Toll-free number and Letter to Editor page provided by the Friends Committee on National Legislation.
Veterans For Peace, 1404 North Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63102, 314-725-6005
Veterans For Peace appreciates your generous donations.
We also encourage you to join our ranks.