Hola! This is my new email for activism: email@example.com. Gracias
Tijuana Maquiladora Tour
Come to learn about Tijuana workers'
conditions and struggles!
– Important Notice:
· Citizens returning from Mexico should present an U.S. passport. (Otherwise, they need an official ID, birth certificate, and waiting in line when returning to the U.S. for a period of time to be decided by the border gate officer.) More information: the U.S. State Dept. web site: US Citizens - Documents needed for entry into the U.S..
· All tour participants must read the US travel alert to Mexico and sign the tour waiver. Please click here to see the Tour travel alert and waiver.
– Schedule (There may be slight variations from tour to tour.)
· 9:00 am sharp- San Ysidro. Additional information about the meeting place will be provided.
· 9:15 am- The crosses at the border: More than 7,000 immigrants have died trying to cross the border since 1994, when NAFTA was imposed.
· 9:30 am- Otay Industrial Park, Sanyo and other maquiladoras: workers' labor conditions, labor rights and struggles
NOTE: We will visit the Tijuana industrial area but won't enter any factory.
· 11:15 am- Rio Alamar, or how maquiladoras, distorted urban development and wild industrialization define Tijuana
· 12:00 pm- Foxconn: the largest maquiladora in both Tijuana and the world
· 12:45 pm- Lunch
· 1:15 pm:- Group dialogue about the experience; time for questions and comments
· 2:00 pm- Working women in Tijuana are organizing artisan cooperatives and promoting an alternative economy. They will bring their handcrafts to the tour. To learn in advance about these cooperatives, please go to: Cooperativa Ollin Calli
· 3:00 pm- Return to the bus station
· $30 regular, $20 students, $ 50 solidarity
· Your registration covers the bus, lunch, and a donation to the
· For tour registration go to: sdmaquila.org
– Sponsored by:
· San Diego Maquiladora Workers' Solidarity Network sdmaquila.org
· Colectivo Ollin Calli ollincalli.org
· Coalition for Justice in the Maquiladoras
-- Enrique Davalos Frontera Tijuana San Diego firstname.lastname@example.org 619-885-6081