(Please spread far & wide)You are invited to join CODEPINK at Creech AFB in OCTOBER:Together let's SHUT DOWN DRONE WARFARE FOREVER!Sana, Yemen, December 13, 2013(Mohammed Huwais / AFP/Getty Images)Bay Area CODEPINK has been returning annually to Creech AFB in Nevada since 2009 to resist drone warfare. Creech is the most important center for the United States' illegal and brutal targeted killing operations by drones, and it is where hundreds of children from Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia and elsewhere have been murdered remotely under the top command of the CIA. This October we are trying something new. The drone resistance movement is growing worldwide and after such a successful collaborative action during last year's SHUT DOWN CREECH, CODEPINK is organizing a two phase extended action at Creech this October. In the first phase we are inviting activists from all organizations for a mass 3 DAY Mobilization. The second phase will be a women only CODEPINK Retreat and Drone Resistance Week. We hope you will join us for one of these actions, and, of course, women are encouraged to join both, if able.And mark your 2016 calendars:2nd Annual SHUT DOWN CREECH:Week of March 27-April 2, 2016: Big Days of Action, Wed.-Fri., Mar. 30 to Apr. 1.Please watch 24 min. video from last March at Creech: www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRbp51pVSIOCTOBER at CREECH:I. CALL for MASS ACTIONOct. 20-24 (Tues. eve. to Sat. am)CODEPINK is calling on activists from across the country to unite in 3 days of mass action at Creech AFB.Base camp: At our beautiful "Goddess Temple" grounds. A new outdoor pavilion with tables and shaded covering has just been built to make our stay even more joyful! Check it out here: http://www.sekhmettemple.com/Mostly tent camping, limited beds in guest house (early reservations a must). Access to kitchen for shared meals. All participants will contribute to meal planning, preparation and clean-up in good ol' "community spirit."Please let us know ASAP, (preferably by August 31), so we can move forward. Eleanor will coordinate ride sharing.II. CODEPINK WOMEN'S RETREAT & DRONE RESISTANCE WEEKOct. 24-Nov. 1 (Sat. noon to Sun. am)This will be a women only gathering of military base activists, staying at the Goddess Temple Guest House.(To incl. beds for almost everyone).(http://www.sekhmettemple.com/temple-of-goddess-spirituality/goddess-temple-virtual-tour/guest-house/)Engage in creative & joyful strategizing for peace with your sisters while enjoying the beauty of the desert.Participate in morning and evening weekday vigils at the entrance to Creech AFB.Provide Courtroom Support for SHUT DOWN CREECH 2015 defendants at their Las Vegas trials (October 26-28).At this time, trials are scheduled in the afternoons. We will carpool into Las Vegas.Space is limited to 20 women. Please reply asap if you are interested.Let us know by August 31st what days/nights you'd like to join us.IMPORTANT: Please wait for confirmation from us BEFORE purchasing tickets.Eleanor will coordinate ride sharing.
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
[SDCPJ] Fwd: Oct. 20-Nov. 1: DRONE RESISTANCE at CREECH AFB with CODEPINK
- ► 2018 (159)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: VFP eNews: Convention Updates-Tabling...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [prcsd] Week of special events
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: NEWS ADVISORY: Peace Boat "The Golden...
- [SDCPJ] Anti-militarist Web site recently updated
- Strange Bedfellows: Why Are the Koch Brothers & Va...
- Dollarocracy: John Nichols - May 22, 2014
- Richard Wolff: On Bernie Sanders and Socialism | #...
- Cornel West on Bernie Sanders, Michael Eric Dyson,...
- Bernie Sanders on Israel
- Bernie Sanders on Israel
- [SDCPJ] 7/24/15 Union Tribune on "stay" of Che evi...
- Bernie Sanders draws record crowd
- Is China’s Bubble About To Burst? Look Out US!
- [SDCPJ] Sat 7/25 Conversation on Militarism, M.I.C...
- [SDCPJ] StopALEC Fest 2015 in San Diego, July 22-2...
- Democracy Now: Black Lives Matter Activist Sandra ...
- [SDCPJ] Tijuana Maquiladora Tour July 25 (English)...
- Prison Reform Supported by Both Conservatives and ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Oct. 20-Nov. 1: DRONE RESISTANCE at C...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Reader article: Che Cafe to meet with ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [SanDiego350.org] Update - Tuesday 5p...
- [SDCPJ] StopALEC Fest 2015 and #O22 Nat'l Day of P...
- [SDCPJ] Save Che Cafe - Fw: JULY 15 EVENT; Updates...
- Walter Davis Intro Video July 2015
- [SDCPJ] Aug 5-9: VFP Convention “Peace and Reconci...
- [SDCPJ] New! "Peace Place" ~ starts THIS Sat 7/11
- [SDCPJ] CSA with Peace Garden produce!
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)