Summer activities - lots to do!
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Moms Demand Action, the Brady Campaign and our San Diegans for GunViolence Prevention partners share the mission to end gun violence.
- Balance the need to preserve public safety with the rights of responsible citizens to own and use guns
- Work legislatively to ensure that guns and ammunition are sold only to responsible citizens
- Advocate for responsible gun-violence prevention laws
- Educate the public about the epidemic of gun violence in this country and how it can be prevented
- Address specific issues of gun violence including domestic violence, suicide, mass shootings and accidental shootings
- Support city, state and national leaders, and candidates, who share our vision of communities free from gun violence
Dear GVP Friends,
Another high-profile mass shooting in Maryland this week, the 155th this year, reminds us of the importance of our work. Background checks on all gun sales, extreme risk protective orders (ERPOs) and an assault weapons ban would go a long way towards cutting down on these tragedies, as well as the daily gun-death toll, now hovering at 102. In San Diego we continue to educate, work with our legislators and register new voters. Together we can bring about change.
Check out Team Enough and encourage anyone 13-30 to sign up. The leaders of this youthful team have developed a report card to rate our Congress Members on their co-sponsorship of the bills calling for background checks, an assault weapons ban and ERPOs. Thanks to their efforts, co-sponsorship on all these bills has increased.You can see your Representatives' report cards here.
If they passed, please send them a quick thank you tweet.March for Our Lives - Road to Change is making its way across the country. They will be in Orange County July 20th. Sign up here to greet them. Their other California stops will also be in LA, Palmdale and Oakland.
This is the generation that will end gun violence
Mark your calendars
Saturday, July 7, 10:00 am - 12:00 noon - Monthly meeting
Carmel Valley Library, 3919 Townsgate Drive, 92130
Thursday, July 12, 7:00 pm - Out to End Gun Violence - Justin Tranter concert
The Music Box, 1337 India St, CA 92101Get your tickets here
Saturday, July 14, 11:00 am - Pride Parade
The LGBTQ community ranks gun reform as the most important issue on the November ballot. Join us to march! Please contact us for the meeting location.
Wednesday, August 15, 6:00 - 7:30 pm - Gun Violence Summit. Panel discussion with students and first responders.
Malcolm X Library, 5146 Market St, CA 92114
Call to Action
Our partner, Sandy Hook Promise, has brought this to our attention. Please sign their petition. You can also read more about this horrific video game here.
We've successfully pulled the Active Shooter, school shooting game from Indiegogo, Bluehost and now PayPal – but the video game creators won't give up. They're trying to make money off the game again using a new payment platform, Stripe, and they changed the name to "Standoff" to hide its disgusting history.
And they aren't stopping there: They're taking feature requests from players who want to play the game as the shooters who murdered children and educators at Sandy Hook, Columbine and Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
Glorifying the brutal murder of our loved ones to make money is depraved. We've stopped them before, and we can stop them again, but only if supporters like you take action now. Stripe prohibits any business that promotes or celebrates violence, so please sign our petition demanding it immediately ban the game creators' account and withhold their funds:
Sign our petition to demand Stripe ban the school shooting video game, withhold the creators' funds and prevent them from making money by glorifying the shooting and shooter that stole our loved ones.
Representative David Cicilline (RI) introduced a resolution designating June 21st National ASK (Asking Saves Kids) Day. The resolution reminds parents to always ask about the presence of guns in the homes where their children play. Watch the Congressman's presentation.As always, thank you for your support.
Carol, Wendy and the Leadership Team
Copyright © 2017 San Diego County Brady Campaign Chapter, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
840 First Street, NE, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20002
Saturday, June 30, 2018
[SDCPJ] News and Actions from San Diegans for Gun Violence Prevention
- ► 2019 (43)
- [SDCPJ] News and Actions from San Diegans for Gun ...
- [SDCPJ] Youth Organizing for Unity (SD YOU), Gun &...
- [SDCPJ] Immigration Protests Continue Nationwide |...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Travel Ban - Who it impacts and How?
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Benefit Concert for Border Angels, Ju...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Supreme Court upholds Travel Ban - Wh...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Local Actions happening now! Urgent!
- [SDCPJ] Emergency Demo! Stand With Muslims Tonight...
- [SDCPJ] Immigration Protests: The Whole World is W...
- [SDCPJ] Community Forum on Police Practices June 2...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Join Senator Kamala Harris and ACLU-S...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: This week: Pipeline Rally, CARB Works...
- [SDCPJ] LGBTQ & Pride Forum + Dinner 6/18; Racial ...
- [SDCPJ] Actions & Events from San Diegans 4 Gun Vi...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Rally to Stop SDG&E Pipeline Sunday J...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Say NO to new fossil fuel pipeline in ...
- [SDCPJ] World Beyond War: See you soon in San Dieg...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: June Actions with the PRC
- Author Hannibal B. Johnson: The Sawners and the 19...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: June Events from The Ocean Beach Gree...
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)