Scheduling Changes & Important Phone Calls
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Moms Demand Action, the Brady Campaign and our San Diegans for GunViolence Prevention partners share the mission to end gun violence.
- Balance the need to preserve public safety with the rights of responsible citizens to own and use guns
- Work legislatively to ensure that guns and ammunition are sold only to responsible citizens
- Advocate for responsible gun-violence prevention laws
- Educate the public about the epidemic of gun violence in this country and how it can be prevented
- Address specific issues of gun violence including domestic violence, suicide, mass shootings and accidental shootings
- Support city, state and national leaders, and candidates, who share our vision of communities free from gun violence
Dear GVP Friends,
Unfortunately two of the venues for the events listed in our June Newsletter have scheduling conflicts. Please note the new dates and locations. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Community Gun Violence Summit
Back by popular demand! If you missed it the first time around, please join us.
When: Wednesday, August 15 from 6:00 - 7:45 pm
Where: Malcolm X Library, 5148 Market Street, San Diego 92114
What: Dr. Cid Martinez, USD professor specializing in the relationship between urban poverty and gun violence in California; Ron Marcus, SD4GVP spokesman on gun legislation; panel discussion with students and first responders.
When: Saturday, July 7 from 10:00 - noon
Where: Carmel Valley Library, 3919 Townsgate Dr, San Diego, CA 92130
What: Discuss upcoming events and actions
TWO IMPORTANT PHONE CALLS
Next week, AB 3 will be heard in the Senate's Public Safety Committee and SB 1100 will be heard in the Assembly's Public Safety Committee. Both these Committees need to hear from you in support of these life-saving measures which will raise the age to own a long gun from 18 to 21. Each call takes less than 1 minute yet is instrumental in passing this crucial legislation.
☎ Call the Senate's Public Safety Committee at (916) 651-4118 to express your support of AB 3.
Need help on what to say?
My name is _____ and I am calling the Senate's Public Safety Committee to register my support of AB 3, a bill that will raise the age to own a long gun from 18 years to 21 years of age. This is common sense safety legislation that will help prevent gun violence and help keep Californians safe. Thank you!
☎ Call the Assembly's Public Safety Committee at (916) 319-3744 to express your support of SB 1100.
Need help on what to say?
My name is _____ and I am calling the Assembly's Public Safety Committee to register my support of SB 1100, a bill that will raise the age to own a long gun from 18 years to 21 years of age. This is common sense safety legislation that will help prevent gun violence and help keep Californians safe. Thank you!
As always, thank you for your support.
Carol, Wendy and
the Leadership Team
Copyright © 2017 San Diego County Brady Campaign Chapter, All
Our mailing address is:
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
840 First Street, NE, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20002
Thursday, June 14, 2018
[SDCPJ] Actions & Events from San Diegans 4 Gun Violence Prevention
Begin forwarded message:
- [SDCPJ] News and Actions from San Diegans for Gun ...
- [SDCPJ] Youth Organizing for Unity (SD YOU), Gun &...
- [SDCPJ] Immigration Protests Continue Nationwide |...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Travel Ban - Who it impacts and How?
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Benefit Concert for Border Angels, Ju...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Supreme Court upholds Travel Ban - Wh...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Local Actions happening now! Urgent!
- [SDCPJ] Emergency Demo! Stand With Muslims Tonight...
- [SDCPJ] Immigration Protests: The Whole World is W...
- [SDCPJ] Community Forum on Police Practices June 2...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Join Senator Kamala Harris and ACLU-S...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: This week: Pipeline Rally, CARB Works...
- [SDCPJ] LGBTQ & Pride Forum + Dinner 6/18; Racial ...
- [SDCPJ] Actions & Events from San Diegans 4 Gun Vi...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Rally to Stop SDG&E Pipeline Sunday J...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Say NO to new fossil fuel pipeline in ...
- [SDCPJ] World Beyond War: See you soon in San Dieg...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: June Actions with the PRC
- Author Hannibal B. Johnson: The Sawners and the 19...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: June Events from The Ocean Beach Gree...
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)