This Saturday! Criminal Injustice System: Racial Justice Today
Racial Justice event coming up this Saturday.
View this email in your browser
Inauguration: Addressing the People's Issues Continued Conversation....
Join the Peace Resource Center as we welcome organizational partners to lead us in education and discussion around the Criminal Injustice System.
People Over Profits San Diego (POPSD) has been engaged in criminal justice organizing and has focused on the problem of mass incarceration in our society and the damage it continues to inflict on communities of color. They are also involved in efforts against the privatization of correctional facilities. Their membership and organizational agenda are reflective of the Barrio Logan neighborhood in San Diego where they hold their open weekly Wednesday night meetings. POPSD will discuss what the current trends are with the criminal justice system in San Diego and what impact these trends are having on people of color.Community Assistance Support Team (CAST) plays a critical role in gang intervention work, as well as providing exceptional support to victims of crime. They rely heavily on the participation and the wisdom of local clergy for this work and this makes us grounded in City Heights and South Eastern San Diego. CAST will discuss their current work that includes violence prevention for youth and young adults, training for law enforcement, mobile response team, and direct support for victims and families of crimes.
Darwin Fishman, Phd, Community Review Board and Yusef Miller, Community Outreach Representative, CAIR-SD will lead a discussion about opportunities to become involved in criminal justice reform work and what we can specifically do in San Diego. They will open up the floor to allow for all of us to share stories and ask questions about best practices and effective strategies for criminal justice reform work in San Diego.
Sponsored by the PRC, AFSC, JOB, SURJ and community partners.
Donations gratefully accepted.
Saturday Feb. 25th 3pm-6pm
3850 Westgate Pl. San Diego 92105
Send us an email at email@example.com for more information.
Copyright © 2017 Peace Resource Center of San Diego,
Our mailing address is:
Peace Resource Center of San Diego
3850 Westgate PlaceSan Diego, CA 92105
Add us to your address
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Saturday, February 25, 2017
[SDCPJ] Fwd: This Saturday! Criminal Injustice System: Racial Justice Today
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- DemocracyNow Daily Show Fri, Feb 24, 2017
- "For-Profit President": A Look at How Trump Is Pus...
- Trump Cabinet Picks
- Madison, Wisc. to Pay $3.3M to Family of Tony Robi...
- Days After Pruitt Becomes EPA Head, Newly Released...
- We Have to Keep Fighting: Water Protectors Vow Con...
- NFL Star Michael Bennett on Refusing to Go to Isra...
- John Dean: The Difference Between Trump & Nixon is...
- As Calls Grow to Impeach Trump, Former Nixon Couns...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: This Saturday! Criminal Injustice Sys...
- Golden parachuets
- Spicer on media vs dictatorshop
- Milo Yiannopoulos apologizes for remarks, quits Br...
- [SDCPJ] Mon. Feb. 20 @ 7-9 pm; Stop Trump! Meet th...
- [SDCPJ] Feb 18 - March in Solidarity with Immigrants!
- Coretta Scott King Knew the People Sessions Prosec...
- Criminalization of Immigrants
- Immigrants Fleeing to Canada
- Court Stops Donald Trump and More
- Predatory Mindset of Donald Trump
- Pipleline Partners
- Fed chair has blunt message for Trump Janet Yellen...
- ‘They have him by the balls’: The internet pours m...
- Not just Flynn: Here are 4 more Trump loyalists wi...
- ‘That’s the definition of treason’: Democratic law...
- Top military official frets over ‘unbelievable tur...
- Key Republicans who held dozens of Benghazi hearin...
- Foreclosure King Voted to Run Our Economy as Treas...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Gentle reminder about important Board...
- [SDCPJ] New Calendar of San Diego Progressive Events
- [SDCPJ] Health Care for All! "Now is the Time" mov...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [prcsd] Support the Sanctuary City Mo...
- Appeals Court Denies Justice Department's Motion t...
- Justice Department files notice of appeal to resto...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: This Saturday! Inauguration: Addressi...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: February Events from the Ocean Beach ...
- More Innocents Released
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)