|NEWSLETTER - SPECIAL EDITION|
|MAY 1 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Appeal to stop repression and state crimes in Iraq
For the BRussells Tribunal, its supporters and audience, secret prisons in Iraq are no surprise. We made repeated alerts during years that repression in the “New Iraq” is systematic.
Repression in Iraq takes multiple forms: deprivation of resources and services, arrests, assassinations, deportation of millions, torture of every kind, death squads, hanging and other death penalties, confiscating property and houses, blowing up residences, markets and groupings, killing at checkpoints and in the streets for no reason, trade of children and women, inhuman conditions in secret or public prisons, rape of children, men and women, killing from the air, killing on identity, kidnappings, stealing during investigation, extorting money from prisoners, stealing organs in hospitals, killing academics, journalists, doctors and state servants, threats, deprivation of legal rights and human rights, imprisonment without charge for long periods of time, re-imprisonment of the innocent after release, illegal and unfair trials, etc. All Iraqi communities are victims of this repression.
This repression, coupled with corruption and a policy of disinformation and lies and the fomentation of civil strife, is a hell of blood and fear in which Iraqis live. Iraqis know this well. They know that the American withdrawal from cities is in reality handing the dirty job to their local puppets. Maliki is the proconsul of this repression. It is his electoral platform and his way to remain prime minister.
International institutions and human rights associations hesitated for a long time before divulgating the reality to Western and international public opinion, despite multiple alerts sent by numerous Iraqi sources on the tragic situation in Iraq. Now it is done. We support every effort and action to prevent local Iraqi authorities and the US occupation from continuing their criminal repression of Iraqis, to make the criminals involved accountable for their crimes, and to compensate the victims.
We call on the UN General Assembly and the UN Security Council, with the aid of human rights associations and institutions, to take action to save the Iraqi people from these bloody policies and criminal authorities. We call on individuals, associations, institutions and governments to constitute a united front to take action to stop the repression in Iraq.
The BRussells Tribunal
|BRussells Tribunal campaigns against repression in Iraq:|
STOP THE DEATH PENALTY IN IRAQ - Read and sign
STOP THE ASSASSINATION OF IRAQI ACADEMICS - Read and sign
|Click here to unsubscribe subscribe|
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Saturday, May 1, 2010
[SDCPJ] stop repression
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2023 (45)
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- [SDCPJ] Gaza Freedom Flotilla: SILENT PROTEST- UCS...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Fw: [SWZCMembers] A Non-Violent Commu...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: NEWS ADVISORY (San Diego Veterans For...
- Ten Things You Should Never Do on a Consulting Job
- Become Part of Our Internet TV Network
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Action Alert: DENY the Gregory Canyon...
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to the New World Order
- [SDCPJ] Coffee Party targets downtown mega-banks o...
- [SDCPJ] "Ground the Drones" photos were from May 1...
- [SDCPJ] Oops ADDRESS ERROR! Should be >> 4246 Wigh...
- [SDCPJ] THURS. MAY 20 @7 pm: SD Community Radio Pr...
- [SDCPJ] May 26th Action Against CA Budget Cuts To ...
- [SDCPJ] Last Call! Work-a-thon for Peace & Justic...
- [SDCPJ] Last call! Ground the Drones Forum and Dem...
- [SDCPJ] Ground the Drones Forum and Demo May 18 a...
- [SDCPJ] JOIN US Monday !! Activist "Ice Cream Soci...
- [SDCPJ] Urgent action to support Mexican Electrica...
- [SDCPJ] Work-a-thon for Peace & Social Justice: Si...
- [SDCPJ] Harvey Milk Day Rally
- [SDCPJ] RSVP to Hal Brody, for the peace monitors/...
- [SDCPJ] Nonviolent Peace Monitor Training May 11
- [SDCPJ] Rally for our Schools! 10am Tomorrow!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Rice Protest - San Diego Press Release
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Fwd: [AL-AWDA-San-Diego] Re: UCSD DIVE...
- Re: [SDCPJ] Protest "Queen" Meg Whitman
- [SDCPJ] Protest "Queen" Meg Whitman
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [AL-AWDA-San-Diego] Re: UCSD DIVESTMEN...
- [SDCPJ] National Film Tour - The People Speak
- [SDCPJ] Letter Carrier Food Drive
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: 40 years Sounds of Kent State
- [SDCPJ] OB Rag articles on Kent State Anniversary
- [SDCPJ] Jobs and State Budget Crises Resource Packet
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: We Kill Our Own – The 40th Anniversar...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [Friends of Friendship Park] FW: Suppo...
- [SDCPJ] A Journey of Peace from San Diego to Gaza ...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Mother's Day Weekend Puparazzi Protest...
- [SDCPJ] stop repression
- ▼ May (37)
- ► 2009 (407)
- ► 2008 (348)