Learn nonviolent skills for assisting at demonstrations and other events!
What is a Peace Monitor? At numerous demonstrations of the past it has been found that the effectiveness and nonviolence of the action has been greatly enhanced by the participation of people with special skills in nonviolence. These specialized participants, or peace monitors/peacekeepers, perform specific facilitating roles for the action. Even if you have not decided to specialize in the role of peace monitor, you may find yourself in a conflict situation in which peacekeeper skills will be useful. In a nonviolent action everyone is, to some extent, a peacekeeper.
Peace monitors help set the tone for the action; help act as a communication network; help provide emergency medical and legal aid; help maintain the internal self-discipline of the action;they may also sometimes act as mediators between authorities and demonstrators.
This training is for everyone and useful in many settings. We do have an upcoming demonstration on May 19 at General Atomics where peace monitors will be needed, so if you would like to volunteer to help at that action, this training will be essential!
In order to have enough materials we'd like people to please RSVP; please RSVP to Hal Brody, firstname.lastname@example.org
Peace Monitor Training
Tuesday, May 11 6:30-9:30 p.m.
First Church of the Brethren
3850 Westgate Place, San Diego, CA 92105
Sponored by The Peace Resource Center of San Diego
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Friday, May 7, 2010
- ► 2018 (138)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- [SDCPJ] Gaza Freedom Flotilla: SILENT PROTEST- UCS...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Fw: [SWZCMembers] A Non-Violent Commu...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: NEWS ADVISORY (San Diego Veterans For...
- Ten Things You Should Never Do on a Consulting Job...
- Become Part of Our Internet TV Network
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Action Alert: DENY the Gregory Canyon...
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to the New World Order
- [SDCPJ] Coffee Party targets downtown mega-banks o...
- [SDCPJ] "Ground the Drones" photos were from May 1...
- [SDCPJ] Oops ADDRESS ERROR! Should be >> 4246 Wigh...
- [SDCPJ] THURS. MAY 20 @7 pm: SD Community Radio Pr...
- [SDCPJ] May 26th Action Against CA Budget Cuts To ...
- [SDCPJ] Last Call! Work-a-thon for Peace & Justic...
- [SDCPJ] Last call! Ground the Drones Forum and Dem...
- [SDCPJ] Ground the Drones Forum and Demo May 18 a...
- [SDCPJ] JOIN US Monday !! Activist "Ice Cream Soci...
- [SDCPJ] Urgent action to support Mexican Electrica...
- [SDCPJ] Work-a-thon for Peace & Social Justice: Si...
- [SDCPJ] Harvey Milk Day Rally
- [SDCPJ] RSVP to Hal Brody, for the peace monitors/...
- [SDCPJ] Nonviolent Peace Monitor Training May 11
- [SDCPJ] Rally for our Schools! 10am Tomorrow!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Rice Protest - San Diego Press Releas...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Fwd: [AL-AWDA-San-Diego] Re: UCSD DIVE...
- Re: [SDCPJ] Protest "Queen" Meg Whitman
- [SDCPJ] Protest "Queen" Meg Whitman
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [AL-AWDA-San-Diego] Re: UCSD DIVESTMEN...
- [SDCPJ] National Film Tour - The People Speak
- [SDCPJ] Letter Carrier Food Drive
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: 40 years Sounds of Kent State
- [SDCPJ] OB Rag articles on Kent State Anniversary
- [SDCPJ] Jobs and State Budget Crises Resource Pack...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: We Kill Our Own – The 40th Anniversar...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [Friends of Friendship Park] FW: Suppo...
- [SDCPJ] A Journey of Peace from San Diego to Gaza ...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Mother's Day Weekend Puparazzi Protest...
- [SDCPJ] stop repression
- ▼ May (37)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)