Nonviolence Training for Personal and Social Change
co-sponsored by San Diego Veterans For Peace & The Peace Resource Center of San Diego
February 5-8, 2009
7380 Eads Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
(La Jolla Quaker Meeting House)
Thursday February 5, 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Friday February 6, 6:00pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday February 7, 9:00am to 9:00pm
Sunday February 8, 1:00pm to 6:00 pm (possibly 2:00 to 7:00pm)
Co-Facilitators: Janet Chisolm, Founder of Creating a Culture of Peace
Elliott Adams, National President of Veterans For Peace
“Creating a Culture of Peace – Nonviolence Training for Personal and Social Change,” (CCP),
traveled to 36 states and Palestine, trained thousands of participants and 300 trainers, and was
adopted by national faith organizations and Veterans for Peace within its first four years. Janet
Chisholm, who established CCP at the Fellowship of Reconciliation, moved with the program to
Kirkridge Retreat Center in January 2007.
CCP emphasizes two forms of active nonviolence:
--Constructive Nonviolence is the way to change the status quo and create a just and
peaceful culture by developing new relationships, practices, and organizations. This
requires the majority of our time and effort.
--Nonviolent Resistance is designed to oppose injustice and oppression through actions
like petitions and rallies or even boycotts.
Both forms are enhanced by increasing the participation of ordinary people.
To attend, please register soon, as spaces are limited. There will be a requested donation of
$100.00 (sliding scale) to defray costs, including travel and compensation for the trainers, and for
meals and refreshments. If you are interested in attending but are limited in funds, please let us
For more information, or to register, please contact: David Wiley
San Diego Veterans For Peace
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- [SDCPJ] [Fwd: Emergency Demo Friday 1/2/09 in SD ,...
- [SDCPJ] March for Marriage Equality Janiuary 10
- [SDCPJ] [Fwd: Border Angels Benefit & Rosca De Rey...
- [SDCPJ] [Fwd: NEW YEAR'S DAY PEACE VIGIL]
- [SDCPJ] See MECIC's response to "Obsession" on You...
- [SDCPJ] Gaza: the logic of colonial power
- [SDCPJ] EMERGENCY VIGIL FOR GAZA - Tuesday, Decemb...
- [SDCPJ] [Fwd: DHS seals off Friendship monument an...
- [SDCPJ] FRIDAY - Dec. 26, 7:30 pm; AMANDLA! Activi...
- My Story on Poverty Published in East County Magaz...
- [SDCPJ] Meeting to plan: March 21 march and rally/...
- [SDCPJ] Help Prisoner of Conscience Robin Long
- [SDCPJ] State Department panel urges US to drop Bl...
- ****Important****21 December Coalition Summit
- [SDCPJ] Local info for Light up the Night For Equa...
- [SDCPJ] Light up the Night for Equality this Satur...
- [SDCPJ] one more plea
- [SDCPJ] Nonviolence Training for Personal & Social...
- [SDCPJ] ANNUAL PEACE ON EARTH HOLIDAY BAZAAR, SAT....
- [SDCPJ] FW: Christmas Candlelight Vigil (December ...
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ meeting, Monday 12/15: Marriage Equa...
- [SDCPJ] 2008 student outreach!
- [SDCPJ] Responsibility for Blackwater actions..
- [SDCPJ] CORRECTION!!! last high school outreach fo...
- [SDCPJ] last high school outreach for 2008!
- [SDCPJ] Blackwater Guards given 24-hours to surren...
- [SDCPJ] Monday, Dec. 8th @ 7 pm ~ Prop 8 & Equal...
- [SDCPJ] Activist San Diego Events
- Dr. Gage's European Tour
- [SDCPJ] Join us on Human Rights Day to Stop the Ha...
- New First Nations Films Available
- [SDCPJ] THIS FRIDAY (12/5) Benefit Show @ the Free...
- ▼ December (32)