----Tuesday, April 18 at 6:30pmWOSD
MovieNightThe Doctrine of Discovery: Unmasking The Domination Code
The film tells the story of how a little-known Vatican documents of the fifteenth century resulted in a tragic global momentum of domination and dehumanization. This led to law systems in the United States and Canada and elsewhere in the world that are still being used againstThe Supreme Court's distinction between "Christian people" and heathens" in Johnson v M'Intosh (1823) is still treated as valid law
for the United States in 2015.Cristobal Colon (Columbus) and other colonizers laid claim to the lands of original nations on the basis of the idea that Christians had aA story of historical truth, spirituality and resistance, told on behalf of the original nations and peoples of Great Turtle Island, and elsewhere on Mother Earth.We are still here, and still rightfully free.Dakota filmmaker Sheldon Wolfchild's compelling documentary is based on the book Pagans in the Promised Land: Decoding the Doctrine ofNarration by Buffy Sainte-Marie
This powerful and landmark documentary "The Doctrine of Discovery: Unmasking The Domination Code" is a result of the collaborative efforts by Dakota filmmaker and Director Sheldon Wolfchild and Co-Producer Steven Newcomb (Shawnee, Lenape).The film, based on Newcomb's thirty years of research, and his book Pagans in the Promised Land: Decoding the Doctrine of Christian Discovery (Fulcrum, 2008), brings to the big screen an amazing and little known storyWomen Occupy San Diego offers a free film screening every 3rd Tuesday each month.Doors Open at 6:30 pmFilm Starts at 7 pm
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing."
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Monday, April 10, 2017
[SDCPJ] WOSD Movie Night "Doctrine of Discovery" 3rd Tuesday, April 18
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- [SDCPJ] May Events from the Ocean Beach Green Center
- [SDCPJ] Public meeting on nuclear waste facility t...
- [SDCPJ] Climate March, SD Premier Film Screening! ...
- [SDCPJ] Consequences of a Catastrophe--Chernobyl 3...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: How will you observe May 1st General ...
- President Donald Trump's Threat To Congress Fails ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Powerful Opportunities for Movement B...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [ShutSanOnofre] WORLD RENOWNED SURFER...
- Barbaric Bomb Dropped
- Only Grassroots Disruption Will Stop the Fascists
- Inferior Charter Schools, Wasted Tax Payer Dollars
- Shutting Down the Government
- Conservatives Destroy Trump Care
- Trump May Punish the Poor
- Trump Flip Flops on China Currency Pronise
- THE GENERAL'S SON
- Economic Update with Richard D. Wolff
- Global Capitalism March 2017: Is Capitalism Fading?
- 100 years of the Sykes Picot treaty in 100 seconds
- [SDCPJ] WOSD Movie Night "Doctrine of Discovery" 3...
- [SDCPJ] Tax Day March Saturday, April 15
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Explore A Short History of Women in S...
- [SDCPJ] No War on Syria Emergency Protests, San Di...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Tax Day 2017: Where Your Tax Dollars ...
- Why Does the U.S. Believe That Iran is the Greates...
- Privatized Healthcare is a Scandal in America
- Are We in for Another False Flag Attack?
- The United States Has a History of Overthrowing Go...
- Trump Administration Aims to Hurt Poor
- 35 Ways You Can Save $10,000 Radio Show
- [SDCPJ] Calendar of San Diego County Progressive E...
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)