Shut San Onofre:
Last night, 9/25/12, the Del Mar, California, City Council unanimously passed the following resolution. There were many "whereas's," but here's the gist! Now on to the Encinitas City Council this Wednesday night!
"NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the City of Del Mar urges
the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission to require that Edison undergo a public,
transparent license amendment hearing regarding the replacement steam
generators, before the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station is allowed to
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the City of Del Mar strongly
encourages the California Public Utilities Commission to: 1) expeditiously initiate
and complete an Order Instituting Investigation regarding the costs and reliability
of the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station and to compare the San Onofre
facility to other energy sources used today and throughout the current licensing
duration; and 2) protect ratepayers from being held responsible for errors and/or
malfeasance by San Onofre Nuclear Generating Stations's operator, which led to
faulty replacement steam generators being installed, ongoing outage expenses,
and continuing repair costs; and 3) immediately take the San Onofre power plant
out of the rate base; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that additional incentives and programs are
urgently needed to support the rapid installation of new power generation, power
savings, and grid stabilizing technologies, which together can serve as an
alternative to San Onofre; and that these new electricity solutions should
prioritize efficiency and renewable energy resources, per the State of California's
load order and mandated targets, and should also prioritize local, distributed
generation, per Governor Brown's Clean Energy Plan.
PASSED, APPROVED AND ADOPTED by the City Council of the City of
Del Mar, California, at a Regular Meeting held the 24 th day of September 2012."
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- [SDCPJ] 2012 Right Livelihood Awards: The "Alterna...
- [SDCPJ] Re-send: ALL OUT for Nuclear Regulatory Co...
- [SDCPJ] Sunday Oct 7 - End the Wars at Home! End t...
- Transaction Report(s)
- [SDCPJ] ALL OUT for Nuclear Regulatory Commission ...
- [SDCPJ] LGBT Immigrants, Asylees and Refugee Seeke...
- [SDCPJ] California online voter registration
- [SDCPJ] Thursday, Aug. 30 -Special meeting for KNS...
- [SDCPJ] Desmond Tutu Does It Again
- [SDCPJ] International Day of Peace -- San Diego ev...
- [SDCPJ] EQUALITY NINE VICTORY CELEBRATION! TOMORROW!
- [SDCPJ] Tijuana Maquiladora Tour--Tour Maaquilero ...
- [SDCPJ] Film Showing: "How to Start a Revolution"
- [SDCPJ] Fellow whistle-blowers stage event for her...
- [SDCPJ] Reminder! San Onofre on Encinitas CC agend...
- [SDCPJ] Happy Voter Registration Day!
- [SDCPJ] Reminder! Film Showing: "How to Start a Re...
- [SDCPJ] American and British Veterans to coordinat...
- [SDCPJ] Sunday Oct. 7!
- [SDCPJ] Shut San Onofre! Encinitas City Council un...
- [SDCPJ] Shut san Onofre: Del Mar City Council unan...
- [SDCPJ] For Release SAME & Centro Present: LGBT Im...
- [SDCPJ] REMINDER! Del Mar City Council meeting ton...
- [SDCPJ] AGENDA: SDCPJ, Monday Sept. 24, 7 PM
- [SDCPJ] Call for Agenda Items: MONDAY Sept. 24 SDCPJ
- [SDCPJ] URGENT ALERT! San Onofre on Encinitas CC a...
- [SDCPJ] FW: [co-alert] Kimberly Rivera
- [SDCPJ] Join Daniel Ellsberg opposing attack on Iran
- [SDCPJ] FW: [unac] Fwd: UNAC Statement on attacks ...
- [SDCPJ] RIP San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station,...
- [SDCPJ] SAVE THE DATE - Sunday Oct. 7!
- [SDCPJ] Important Dates! Keep San Onofre Shut! You...
- [SDCPJ] Save the Date! Nuclear Regulatory Public M...
- [SDCPJ] New Committee to Bridge the Gap/Daniel Hir...
- [SDCPJ] Thursday, 9/13, 6pm: Solidarity with stri...
- [SDCPJ] 09-24-2012 Sacramento – Fish and Game publ...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SDCPJ this Monday, 9/10 at Friends...
- [SDCPJ] FW: Nationwide protests at Obama campaign ...
- [SDCPJ] Call for Agenda Items: San Diego Coalition...
- [SDCPJ] JUST IN: CINDY AND CRAIG CORRIE
- [SDCPJ] This weekend! Landmark 10th Annual Int'l A...
- [SDCPJ] FW: Tomorrow: veterans and activists to ra...
- [SDCPJ] You should see this play!
- ▼ September (43)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)