SAN DIEGO COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
- At the Friends Center -
3850 Westgate Place, San Diego, CA 92105
Monday, January 9, 2012 – 7:00 PM
Tonight's Facilitator: Betsy Bekken
Note taker for this evening's meeting will be ________________
Next regular SDCPJ meeting: Monday, January 23, 2012 (to be confirmed)
Minutes from December 12, 2011 Meeting
New Business/Report Backs/Updates/Discussion Items
- Report Back: Dec. 13 UNAC-CC conference calls (Gina Cameron) - report on two conference calls to organize for events to protest the G8/NATO meeting in Chicago in May.
- Report Back: Dec. 17 Bradley Manning rally at SD Civic Center
- Report Back: "Palestininans an Invented People" statement; and response to Dec. City Beat editorial on Iraq (Craig Jones)
- Report Back/Update/Discussion: Occupy San Diego –
· report on Sat. 1/7 March
· a brief update on Occupy
· request from Occupy Vista and Occupy Escondido to participate in MLK parade, Sun. Jan. 15, 2 PM (Joseph Crews)
· A new "Friends of Occupy San Diego" committee is organizing a county-wide summit to strategize for 2012 (Josh Funn)
- Upcoming Actions/Events:
· Sunday Jan. 15 MLK Parade and Monday Jan. 16 MLK breakfast – participation?
· Feb 2-11 MARCHA MIGRANTE VII "Walking with Cesar" (Enrique Morones, Border Angels) – see attached info. below
· UNAC Antiwar Conference, March 23-25, Stamford CT – see attached info. below
- Discussion Item: perspectives for next several months –
o films (Israel vs. Israel),
o Phyllis Bennis,
o Teach-In with Occupy SD, Marjorie Cohen . . .
o Call for a "San Diego Peace & Justice Congress," possibly merged with Occupy Summit?
Break Outs (as needed)
***NOTE: Information about events listed here can be found on SDCPJ's website www.sdcpj.org or at www.prcsd.org/webcalendar or at www.ActivistSanDiego.org