Join us for a FREE viewing of
"The U.S. versus John Lennon"
for International Day of Peace
Wednesday, Sept 21st
@ Peace Resource Center (in Friends Center building)
3850 Westgate Place, San Diego 92105
6:30 pm Light refreshments
7:00 pm Movie starts, discussion after
Open to the public! Bring a friend!
And spread the word via Facebook
About the film:
THE U.S. vs JOHN LENNON
Filmmakers David Leaf and John Scheinfeld offer a compelling look at the efforts of the United States government to silence one of rock & roll's most outspoken war critics in this documentary detailing the Vietnam-era struggle between the Richard Nixon administration and iconic peace activist John Lennon. The Vietnam War was raging and the nightly news was filled with stories of failed offensives and massacred U.S. troops. As anti-war protests back home gained momentum, it was the hopeful voice of former Beatle Lennon that served to perfectly encapsulate the frustrations felt by many citizens that the U.S. had gotten caught up in an quagmire from which there was seemingly no end in sight. There's a high price to be paid for standing strong in your beliefs and openly criticizing the ruling elite, though, and now, through interviews with those who knew him best and revealing glimpses into an era where all hope seemed lost, filmmakers finally uncover the truth behind the Nixon administration's highly classified efforts to isolate and eventually deport the man whose powerful words threatened to actually make sense in a world slowly suffocated by the grip of insanity. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Trailer at http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi519831833/
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Thursday, September 15, 2011
- ► 2018 (108)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- [SDCPJ] Ex-Blackwater exec Bonfiglio no longer at ...
- [SDCPJ] Tribe attempts to evict private military c...
- [SDCPJ] This Sat 10/1 -- C.A.N. Global Action
- [SDCPJ] Oct 15th: Peace Crane Unveiling with Sculp...
- [SDCPJ] Thurs Oct 13th: Food Creation and Democrac...
- [SDCPJ] all out 10/15 against budget cuts and wars...
- [SDCPJ] Oct 1, Saturday, 12 noon - Planning meetin...
- [SDCPJ] Official press release from "Occupy San Di...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy San Diego
- [SDCPJ] International Day of Peace, Del Mar Fairgr...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Women's Media Forum in San Diego and ...
- [SDCPJ] Consultation on women, peace and security ...
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ Meeting Monday, Sept. 26, 7 PM at Fr...
- [SDCPJ] C.A.N. Oct 1 Global Action
- [SDCPJ] Wall Street Occupation continues...
- [SDCPJ] R.I.P. Troy Davis
- [SDCPJ] Get in Bed for Peace TODAY! (Now after Tro...
- [SDCPJ] "Women, War and Peace" 5-part series on PB...
- [SDCPJ] "Women, Media, Revolution" Forum Oct. 5 to...
- [SDCPJ] March/rally/candlelight Vigil for Troy Dav...
- [SDCPJ] Blackwater video game
- [SDCPJ] Troy Davis denied Clemency; execution sche...
- [SDCPJ] We have reached a settlement!!!
- [SDCPJ] Report Signature Gatherers Immediately!
- [SDCPJ] Urgent Support Grocery Store Workers -- TO...
- [SDCPJ] Film Night for Day of Peace, Sept 21
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Puppy Stars Protest Sunday 9/25
- Everything you want to know about 9-11 Conspiracy ...
- We cannot allow this to stand
- [SDCPJ] Help us stop an execution | Fellowship of ...
- [SDCPJ] photos of 2011 9//11 Vigil
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ Meeting - Monday Sept. 12!
- [SDCPJ] This Sunday! 9/11 Commemoration: War IS Te...
- [SDCPJ] Take action now - Oppose the Death Penalty...
- [SDCPJ] FW: [UNAC-CC] Breaking News: Troy Davis to...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Network of Spiritual Progressives 9/11...
- [SDCPJ] 9/11 Commemoration: War IS Terrorism
- [SDCPJ] Save the Date! Annual Peace on Earth Holid...
- [SDCPJ] SUN. Sept. 4th @ 6 pm ~> Don't miss this o...
- ▼ September (39)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)