If you are interested in attending this event, please contact Anne Hoiberg, whose information is at the bottom of this page.
Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
The Women's International League for Peace and Freedom and the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice invite you and your colleagues to participate in a consultation with Susan Braden, a senior official from the U.S. Department of State, who is scheduled to visit our community to LISTEN to our concerns about women, peace and security:
Saturday, October 8, 2011, 1:00 – 4:00 P.M.
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice
In October 2000, the U.N. Security Council adopted Resolution 1325 which urges governments to include women in all aspects of peacemaking, peacebuilding and peacekeeping--and to create a National Action Plan for implementing U.N. SCR 1325. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton made a historic commitment to advance the status of women by developing a plan to implement this U.N. resolution. She has tasked her department and other agencies to draft a U.S. NAP and to seek input from civil society. Of importance to the State Department is to hear from us concerning the issues of immigration, violence against women, political participation of women, protection of women in armed services against sexual and gender-based violence, situation of refugee women, border considerations, human trafficking, small arms control, health care, environmental justice, implications of war and militarization on women in our community, costs of war and caring for veterans, etc.
The consultation on October 8th will be a three-hour session, including a presentation on U.N. SCR 1325, facilitated break-out sessions, statements from civil society representatives, and a report back to Ms. Braden. U.S. WILPF will provide a facilitator and recorder/note taker. Through this opportunity, it is hoped that the U.S. SCR 1325 NAP will NOT become a tool to make war safe for women, but will serve to advance the status of women and prevent future wars.
I hope that you and your colleagues can participate in this consultation (RSVP at email@example.com). If you wish to discuss this further, I can be reached at 858.245.1677 (cell) or 619.223.8074 (office).
WILPF Consultation Coordinator
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Sunday, September 25, 2011
[SDCPJ] Consultation on women, peace and security with Susan Braden, U.S. Dept. of State
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- [SDCPJ] Ex-Blackwater exec Bonfiglio no longer at ...
- [SDCPJ] Tribe attempts to evict private military c...
- [SDCPJ] This Sat 10/1 -- C.A.N. Global Action
- [SDCPJ] Oct 15th: Peace Crane Unveiling with Sculp...
- [SDCPJ] Thurs Oct 13th: Food Creation and Democracy
- [SDCPJ] all out 10/15 against budget cuts and wars!
- [SDCPJ] Oct 1, Saturday, 12 noon - Planning meetin...
- [SDCPJ] Official press release from "Occupy San Di...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy San Diego
- [SDCPJ] International Day of Peace, Del Mar Fairgr...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Women's Media Forum in San Diego and ...
- [SDCPJ] Consultation on women, peace and security ...
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ Meeting Monday, Sept. 26, 7 PM at Fr...
- [SDCPJ] C.A.N. Oct 1 Global Action
- [SDCPJ] Wall Street Occupation continues...
- [SDCPJ] R.I.P. Troy Davis
- [SDCPJ] Get in Bed for Peace TODAY! (Now after Tro...
- [SDCPJ] "Women, War and Peace" 5-part series on PBS
- [SDCPJ] "Women, Media, Revolution" Forum Oct. 5 to 7
- [SDCPJ] March/rally/candlelight Vigil for Troy Dav...
- [SDCPJ] Blackwater video game
- [SDCPJ] Troy Davis denied Clemency; execution sche...
- [SDCPJ] We have reached a settlement!!!
- [SDCPJ] Report Signature Gatherers Immediately!
- [SDCPJ] Urgent Support Grocery Store Workers -- TO...
- [SDCPJ] Film Night for Day of Peace, Sept 21
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Puppy Stars Protest Sunday 9/25
- Everything you want to know about 9-11 Conspiracy ...
- We cannot allow this to stand
- [SDCPJ] Help us stop an execution | Fellowship of ...
- [SDCPJ] photos of 2011 9//11 Vigil
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ Meeting - Monday Sept. 12!
- [SDCPJ] This Sunday! 9/11 Commemoration: War IS Te...
- [SDCPJ] Take action now - Oppose the Death Penalty...
- [SDCPJ] FW: [UNAC-CC] Breaking News: Troy Davis to...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Network of Spiritual Progressives 9/11...
- [SDCPJ] 9/11 Commemoration: War IS Terrorism
- [SDCPJ] Save the Date! Annual Peace on Earth Holid...
- [SDCPJ] SUN. Sept. 4th @ 6 pm ~> Don't miss this o...
- ▼ September (39)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)