In The Gallery
Sponsored by Cox Communications
To Observe and WonderApril 7 - May 28
A Short History of the Far-Reaching Minds of Women in Science
Women have played a vastly important role in the development and dissemination of science. Having made significant contributions to science from the earliest times, they were leaders in building the early foundation of modern programming and unveiled the structure of DNA. Their work inspired environmental movements and led to the discovery of new genes. Women broke the sound barrier - and gender barriers all along the way.
April Events and Programs
April, 15th at 1:30 PM"The Women of the Gaslamp Quarter". . . A walking tour
Meet downtown San Diego for "A Walking Tour of the Gaslamp Quarter District" with highlights of the women who lived in the district, women who helped improve the lives of people living in the district, and those women who helped to "clean up" the district. Questions: What role did Lydia Knapp Horton and Dr. Charlotte Baker play in the district? Josie Earp? Clara Shortridge Foltz? Joan Crawford? We also will give a special nod to many of the 93 historic buildings.To RSVP please phone Anne at 858.245.1677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, April 18th at 6:30PM
WOSD Free Film Night: The Doctrine of Discovery: Unmasking The Domination CodeThis powerful and landmark documentary "The Doctrine of Discovery: Unmasking The Domination Code" is a result of the collaborative efforts by Dakota filmmaker and Director Sheldon Wolfchild and Co-Producer Steven Newcomb (Shawnee, Lenape). The film, based on Newcomb's thirty years of research, and his book Pagans in the Promised Land: Decoding the Doctrine of Christian Discovery (Fulcrum, 2008), brings to the big screen an amazing and little known story
Women Occupy San Diego offers a free film screening every 3rd Tuesday each month.Doors Open at 6:30 pmFilm Starts at 7 pm
April, 19th at 6:00 PMNOW Monthly Meeting
April 2017 Meeting - Human Sex TraffickingJoin Estelle de los Rios from CSA San Diego County, Catherin Mendonca from AF3IRM, Rachel Scatizzi Thompson, President of the Junior League of San Diego and Summer Stephan, Chief Deputy District Attorney at San Diego County District Attorney's Office for a panel discussion on Human Sex Trafficking.San Diego NOW's purpose is to take action through intersectional grassroots activism to promote feminist ideals, lead societal change, eliminate discrimination, and achieve and protect the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects.
Tuesday, April 22nd at 4:00PM
Solidarity for All!
Women's International League of Peace and Freedom invites you to learn more about WILPF's goals for peace, nonproliferation, and international programs that benefit women and girls.
Enjoy a glass of wine and a cup of PEACE (split-pea) soup with like-minded individuals.Free
Monday, April 24th at 6:00 PMEmpowerment and Leadership with Sylvia Becker-Hill
Women Make the Best Leaders!We need more successful female leaders in all areas of society. Do you choose to be one of them?
You are invited to participate in the Women's Center's series on women's empowerment and leadership, created by Facilitator Sylvia Becker-Hill for women who want it all! Sylvia is the founder of Über Women International Inc., a global women's empowerment company.
Beautiful harp music will be played, 5:45 - 6:15, by Karen Hinkson-Buck.Admission is FREE! Light refreshments!
Tuesday, April 25th at 1:30PM
OWL/WILPF Monthly Meeting
Please join members and friends of OWL and WILPF for their monthly meeting at the Women's Museum of California
Free! Light refreshments!
Tuesday, April 25th at 6:00 PMWomen Flourish in STEMMeet women who love science, technology, engineering, and math!
The Making of Different Flowers This has been without a doubt the most surreal year of my life, and the year before I had walked on the Millennium Falcon. I was on a film festival panel recently with several other directors and we were asked ......»
Women's Museum of California2730 Historic Decatur Rd, #103San Diego, 92106619 233-7963 email@example.com
Support future programs at the Women's Museum of California
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Monday, April 10, 2017
[SDCPJ] Fwd: Explore A Short History of Women in Science and more
- [SDCPJ] May Events from the Ocean Beach Green Cent...
- [SDCPJ] Public meeting on nuclear waste facility t...
- [SDCPJ] Climate March, SD Premier Film Screening! ...
- [SDCPJ] Consequences of a Catastrophe--Chernobyl 3...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: How will you observe May 1st General ...
- President Donald Trump's Threat To Congress Fails ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Powerful Opportunities for Movement B...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [ShutSanOnofre] WORLD RENOWNED SURFER...
- Barbaric Bomb Dropped
- Only Grassroots Disruption Will Stop the Fascists
- Inferior Charter Schools, Wasted Tax Payer Dollars...
- Shutting Down the Government
- Conservatives Destroy Trump Care
- Trump May Punish the Poor
- Trump Flip Flops on China Currency Pronise
- THE GENERAL'S SON
- Economic Update with Richard D. Wolff
- Global Capitalism March 2017: Is Capitalism Fading...
- 100 years of the Sykes Picot treaty in 100 seconds...
- [SDCPJ] WOSD Movie Night "Doctrine of Discovery" 3...
- [SDCPJ] Tax Day March Saturday, April 15
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Explore A Short History of Women in S...
- [SDCPJ] No War on Syria Emergency Protests, San Di...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Tax Day 2017: Where Your Tax Dollars ...
- Why Does the U.S. Believe That Iran is the Greates...
- Privatized Healthcare is a Scandal in America
- Are We in for Another False Flag Attack?
- The United States Has a History of Overthrowing Go...
- Trump Administration Aims to Hurt Poor
- 35 Ways You Can Save $10,000 Radio Show
- [SDCPJ] Calendar of San Diego County Progressive E...
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)