American Friends Service Committee
For weeks now, President Trump has used the caravans of migrants making their way through Mexico to stoke fear and fuel his anti-immigrant agenda. He has responded to people escaping violence and poverty by deploying thousands of military troops to the border. And this week, he defended border agents who fired tear gas and pepper spray at a group of migrants that included children.
Now is the time for every one of us to stand with the migrant caravan and all who seek refuge in the U.S. That's why AFSC is organizing "Love Knows No Borders: A moral call for migrant justice" week of action from Dec. 10, International Human Rights Day, to Dec. 18, International Migrants Day.
On Dec. 10, more than 100 interfaith leaders will lead a nonviolent direct action at the border in San Diego. We invite you and people across the country to join us in solidarity by organizing or joining an action in your community the week of Dec. 10 to 18.
Together, we will call on the U.S. to end the detention and deportation of immigrants, respect the human right to migrate, and end the militarization of the border.
Interested in organizing an event in your community? We have resources for you!
1. Visit our Love Knows No Borders website to register your local event and watch for other event listings in your area. We'll send you a toolkit for organizers, provide one-on-one support, and list your event online to help you spread the word.
2. Attend our Dec. 3rd Facebook Live event to learn more: AFSC staff from Tijuana, Mexico and San Diego will have the latest updates on what's happening at the border, and we'll have tips for event organizers and discuss how you can join our week of action.
As the Trump administration continues to treat migrants as a security threat to be met with troops and walls, we are mobilizing for a more humane response – one that recognizes our shared humanity and pledges to meet migrants with the dignity and compassion that we all deserve.
We hope you will join us for our Loves Knows No Borders: A moral call for migrant justice week of action.
Director of Friends Relations
Director, U.S.-Mexico Border Program, San Diego
Love Knows No Borders
American Friends Service Committee
1501 Cherry Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Friday, November 30, 2018
[SDCPJ] Fwd: Join our moral call for migrant justice: Dec. 10-18
Begin forwarded message:
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Join our moral call for migrant justi...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Events from the Ocean Beach Green Center
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: This week: Thanksgiving get-togethers...
- [SDCPJ] 2 Free Tickets to SD REP! Activist Forum o...
- [SDCPJ] Binational Conference on Border Issues Nov...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: November News and Events with Sierra ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: PROTEST TOMORROW - Thursday, Nov. 8 -...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: NEWS ADVISORY: Local veterans to set ...
- ▼ November (8)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)