Date: April 9, 2018 at 4:41:39 PM PDT
Subject: MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Reply-To: San Diegans for GVP <firstname.lastname@example.org>
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Moms Demand Action, the Brady Campaign and our San Diegans for GunViolence Prevention partners share the mission to end gun violence.
- Balance the need to preserve public safety with the rights of responsible citizens to own and use guns
- Work legislatively to ensure that guns and ammunition are sold only to responsible citizens
- Advocate for responsible gun-violence prevention laws
- Educate the public about the epidemic of gun violence in this country and how it can be prevented
- Address specific issues of gun violence including domestic violence, suicide, mass shootings and accidental shootings
- Support city, state and national leaders, and candidates, who share our vision of communities free from gun violence
Dear GVP Friends,
Urgent call to action
Senator Joel Anderson introduced a bill, SB 1092, to be heard in the California state Senate Public Safety Committee tomorrow, Tuesday April 10. It would remove the current state prohibition on silencers for guns longer than 16 inches. Silencers muffle and diffuse the sound of gunfire, and can make it harder for police, shot detection technologies, and the public in general to most effectively detect the location of where shots are coming from.
Email the Committee NOW
Mark your calendars
Volunteer to help
Saturday, April 14Saturday, April 5
9:00 am - 2:00 pm Blood Drive, "Whose Life Will You Save?" Serra Mesa Library, 9005 Aero Drive, 92123.
1:00 - 3:00 pm Monthly Brady-Moms meeting
Serra Mesa Library, 9005 Aero Drive, 92123.
6:00 pm Say Their Names Candlelight Vigil. See https://www.facebook.com/events/474944642921496/ or contact us for details.
Saturday, April 28
9:00 am - 4:30 pm City Heights Law Day, City Heights Weingart Library. Volunteers needed to staff table. Please contact John: email@example.com to help.
11:00 am - 3:00 pm Dia del Nino, Memorial Park, 301-323 Park Way, Chula Vista 91910. Come by our table. Bring the kids!
1:00 - 3:00 pm Student Town Call. Location to be decided. Contact us for details.
9:30 - 4:30 Clairemont Mesa Garden Tour. Volunteers needed to staff table. Please contact Carol: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support,
Carol, Wendy and the Leadership Team
Copyright © 2017 San Diego County Brady Campaign Chapter, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as a member of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence - San Diego Chapter.
Our mailing address is:
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
840 First Street, NE, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20002