A Message from the Friends Committee on National Legislation
As early as tomorrow, the Senate will vote on the Murphy-Paul-Franken-Lee bill to block a $1.15 billion arms deal to Saudi Arabia.Thanks in no small part to people like you, there is increased momentum for this vote to block the deal in the midst of Saudi Arabia's continued bombings of schools, hospitals, and other civilian areas in Yemen.Will you call your senators and urge them to block the arms deal to Saudi Arabia?Please call the Capitol Switchboard at 1-855-68-NO WAR (1-855-686-6927) to urge both of your senators to join Murphy and Paul in blocking bombs to Saudi Arabia. Here are some talking points to help you make your call:
- Hello, my name is [NAME] and I'm a voting constituent calling from [CITY, STATE].
- I hope the senator will vote to support the Murphy-Paul bill to block the $1.15 billion arms deal to Saudi Arabia.
- The Saudi-led war in Yemen is a humanitarian catastrophe and the U.S. shouldn't be rewarding the killing of civilians by sending more tanks and other military equipment.Thanks for all you do for peace,Kate Gould
Middle East Policy
P.S. For more information, check out The New York Times editorial that calls on Congress to block the arms deal, the full text of the Murphy-Paul bill, and my latest radio interview on U.S. arms deals to the Middle East.
About Contact Us Donate
© Friends Committee on National Legislation245 2nd Street NE Washington, DC 20002 | 800-630-1330
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Monday, September 19, 2016
[SDCPJ] PLEASE! Call your Senator this week to block arms deal to Saudi Arabia
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Arab Film Festival is Here!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [WOSD-Discussion] Fwd: Show Up Today ...
- [SDCPJ] Oct. 2-4 San Diego, Oceanside, LA: Speakin...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Surfrider SD hosts the 25th Annual Pa...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego County Brady Campaign to Prevent...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Event Reminder! Film Screening This S...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Climate Crisis Conference in Solana B...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [San-Diego-March-for-Bernie-Sanders] O...
- American Red and Black: Stories of Afro-Native Ide...
- Hannibal B. Johnson - Apartheid in Indian Country?...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: ] HELP SD Vets 4 Peace Today- Sunday....
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [New post] Saudi Arms Deals Under Fir...
- The future of race in America: Michelle Alexander ...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE! Call your Senator this week to blo...
- [SDCPJ] ASD & KNSJ Stand with Standing Rock!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: You won't believe what happens when w...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [PRCboard] Correction: Peace Week San...
- [SDCPJ] JVP Free Film Event Sept 24
- Harvard professor identifies the 'worst nightmare'...
- Our National Security at Risk With Intricate Busin...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [prcsd] Peace Week San Diego starts S...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: War on Trial Film Screening
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: CALL-In DAY to STOP the TPP
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: NEWS ADVISORY: Local veterans encoura...
- [SDCPJ] Second Annual Conference on Labor and Comm...
- [SDCPJ] 9/19 - ASD- Stand Up for Standing Rock
- Millions of People in Danger Due to U.S. Bombs in ...
- The Horrible Story of the Massacre of the Sioux an...
- Very Funny Roast of Ann Coulter
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (396)
- ► 2009 (407)
- ► 2008 (348)