Speaking tour against repression, disappearances, and impunity in Mexico!
Mexico is experiencing one of its worst crises in its history; politically, economically, socially, and culturally.
The Mexican state, led by political parties at the service of international finance capital, are selling and distributing the wealth of the nation to foreign banks and foreign interests. This has resulted in the looting of Mexico's national wealth, and the displacement of entire populations, majority of them, indigenous communities. The Mexican government uses state violence against working people; criminalizing social protest, and physically eliminating all who oppose the neo-liberal capitalist model.
The United States, in alliance with the PRI-PAN-PRD political class, provides weapons, training, heavy artillery and military intelligence under the initiative known as the "Merida Initiative", a US military plan to attack the Mexican people and steal Mexico's wealth by using foreign companies and so-called foreign "investments". As an extension of the Merida Initiative, the US also implemented a "Southern Border Strategy" where governments of the US and Mexico are militarizing the Mexican border with Guatemala and Belize, in order to intercept and deport Central American migrant workers as they make their way north.
These measures designed and implemented from the centers of the United States of America, have resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths, disappearances, imprisonments, displacements and deportations.
We invite you to attend and discuss these issues with those who face the consequences of US militarization and hear first hand accounts of its impact in Mexico. Join us in welcoming the Regional Center for Human Rights Morelos y Pavón (Guerrero), Center Frey Matías (Chiapas) and a survivors of the attack of September 26, ct. 2014 in Iguala Guerrero, a student from the Normal Rural School Isidro Burgos, Ayotzinapa Guerrero.
Sourthern California Visit
San Diego- Sunday October 2nd
11am-2pm | Bread & Salt
1955 Julian Ave., San Diego CA 92113
Oceanside - Monday October 3rd
MiraCosta Community Learning Center
1831 Mission Ave, Oceanside, CA 92058
Los Angeles - Tuesday October 4th
6-9pm | CENTRO DE FIOB-LA
4318 S Main St, Los Angeles, CA 90037
Organized by: AFSC-San Diego, Frente Indígena de Organizaciones Bi-Nacionales (FIOB), Mira Costa College MEChA, Frente de Resistencia por México-LA, Unión del barrio
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
[SDCPJ] Oct. 2-4 San Diego, Oceanside, LA: Speaking Tour against repression in Mexico- stop TPP action this Oct 22
- ► 2018 (159)
- ► 2017 (265)
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Arab Film Festival is Here!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [WOSD-Discussion] Fwd: Show Up Today ...
- [SDCPJ] Oct. 2-4 San Diego, Oceanside, LA: Speakin...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Surfrider SD hosts the 25th Annual Pa...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego County Brady Campaign to Prevent...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Event Reminder! Film Screening This S...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Climate Crisis Conference in Solana B...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [San-Diego-March-for-Bernie-Sanders] O...
- American Red and Black: Stories of Afro-Native Ide...
- Hannibal B. Johnson - Apartheid in Indian Country?...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: ] HELP SD Vets 4 Peace Today- Sunday....
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [New post] Saudi Arms Deals Under Fir...
- The future of race in America: Michelle Alexander ...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE! Call your Senator this week to blo...
- [SDCPJ] ASD & KNSJ Stand with Standing Rock!
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: You won't believe what happens when w...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [PRCboard] Correction: Peace Week San...
- [SDCPJ] JVP Free Film Event Sept 24
- Harvard professor identifies the 'worst nightmare'...
- Our National Security at Risk With Intricate Busin...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [prcsd] Peace Week San Diego starts S...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: War on Trial Film Screening
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: CALL-In DAY to STOP the TPP
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: NEWS ADVISORY: Local veterans encoura...
- [SDCPJ] Second Annual Conference on Labor and Comm...
- [SDCPJ] 9/19 - ASD- Stand Up for Standing Rock
- Millions of People in Danger Due to U.S. Bombs in ...
- The Horrible Story of the Massacre of the Sioux an...
- Very Funny Roast of Ann Coulter
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)