By Walter Davis
28 April 2010
Deadlocked Government: As the Country Suffers, Leadership Fails
With the economy in the tank and American families suffering, a deadlocked government continues to look after the interests of the corporations. These are tough times for the American family. So many teens seem not to have hope; young adults do not seem to be able to realize their true potential. Our world class education system has been gutted while the war machine never seems to run out of money.
The wealthy get wealthier and the poor get poorer. Our court system continues to punish with illogical laws that increase our poverty level and destroy American families in family court, drug court, criminal court. People are dying because they have no insurance and cannot pay $28,000 per month for chemo or $400,000 for a transplant. Profit is the motivation, not concern for our fellow man and woman. If a profit cannot be made, it is not done.
Florida Governor Charlie Crist has been targeted by his party for appearing to cooperate with the executive branch of government.
Republican Senator Lindsay Graham has withdrawn his support for important climate change legislation due to intimidation for daring to cooperate; on its face, the immigration bill is being blamed for this as a smoke screen. Unenforceable immigration legislation remains on the books while families languish and suffer with the threat of deportation because they cannot satisfy unreasonable immigration policy in a system that is deadlocked and unable to help them even if they could.
The local Democratic Party laden with corruption, cronyism is powerless to stop a war mongering, out of touch local Republican spin machine. The Tea Party, however, threatens to do what the inept Democratic leadership cannot do: split and defeat the conservatives.
The apathetic and far left need representation. Democrats have moved to the center and Republicans have moved further to the right.
While Americans suffer from medical costs, a watered down health care bill gets resisted by Republicans. While financial institutions continue to rip off the American public, Republicans continue to delay and water down financial reform. While service members die needlessly, our leadership continues to prosecute senseless wars as our coffers are drained and schools are closed.
The time for nationalistic fervor and religious fanaticism has passed. The American people need leadership that is focused on THEIR problems as opposed to the money of corporations. Corporations must be stripped of their political power. This country must finally become of the people, for the people and by the people. If you think it ever has been, you are sadly mistaken. A resource based economy is the only way to go. It is time to move to a higher level of consciousness.
See www.TheZeitgeistMovement.com and www.TheVenusProject.com.
Forming ethical coalitions that stand for peace, human rights, the environment, social justice and prosperity.
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
May 2010 Left Hook: Deadlocked Government
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- [SDCPJ] High school leafleters needed
- [SDCPJ] Last Call for Artworks for a May Day exhib...
- [ZeitgeistLA] New TZM Global Meetup: TZM Women Act...
- Chargers draft, legal pot? and Big Brother
- May 2010 Left Hook: Deadlocked Government
- San Diego May 1st Rally/March for Immigrant Rights
- [SDCPJ] San Diego May 1st Rally/March for Immigran...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: San Diego May 1st Rally/March for Imm...
- [SDCPJ] Nonviolent Peace Monitor Training May 11
- Court will rule on Christian law students who say ...
- [SDCPJ] Photos - Solidarity Rally Against Arizona ...
- [SDCPJ] URGENT! Demo today/Monday 4/26 6 p.m. Stan...
- [SDCPJ] Housing Request: Host an Activist for Dron...
- [SDCPJ] high school outreach this week
- [SDCPJ] Date Correction: Puparazzi Protest is on S...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Protest on Sunday, April 25 at Califor...
- [SDCPJ] Military's bootprint in region is a big one
- Progress In San Diego TV Production on Friday
- Progress In San Diego TV Production on Friday
- [SDCPJ] May Day/Primero de Mayo San Diego, Boycott...
- [SDCPJ] ACTIVIST Opportunities for community outre...
- [SDCPJ] WOMEN AND THE LAW CONFERENCE: Thomas Jeffe...
- [SDCPJ] Celebrate Earthday, Sunday, April 18 at Ba...
- [SDCPJ] Ground the Drones Forum and Demo May 18 an...
- [SDCPJ] Sign up by May 12 for Work-a-thon for Peac...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Opera this Saturday
- [SDCPJ] UFPJ: Tax Day Actions For Peace! National ...
- The Venus Project newsletter
- Concert TOMORROW Celebrates 5 Years of Living Wages
- [SDCPJ] Diana Buttu and Ali Abunimah @ April 30 - ...
- [SDCPJ] 5th Anniversary of Living Wage Ordinance 4...
- Davidovich: My Medical Marijuana Case Continues Po...
- [SDCPJ] PLUG THIS DATE INTO YOUR CALENDARS! Pleas...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Mother's Day Postcards
- Video from Yahoo!
- Lack of affordable housing is hurting you too
- Eugene Davidovich - Not Guilty!
- Living Wage a win for workers, employers and city
- Reminder: Please join us! - Karl Rove in La Jolla ...
- What We Are Up Against
- Coffee with Congressman Filner - Sunday, April 11,...
- Tax Cannabis pledge
- [SDCPJ] Fw: NLG Book Signing Event featuring Marjo...
- [SDCPJ] volunteers needed for Earth Day April 18
- April Left Hook - Eugene Davidovich Acquitted: Was...
- [SDCPJ] Assessing START follow-on
- ▼ April (46)
- ► 2009 (407)
- ► 2008 (348)
Post a Comment