California is on the verge of giving a huge handout to Big Oil.
Here's the deal: Next week, California legislators are expected to vote on a bill that is meant to extend and strengthen our state's landmark climate solutions act.
Extending our climate law is critical, but this current legislation, AB 398, actually weakens the law with major handouts to Big Oil, including rules that would strip local air districts and the State Air Resources Board of their ability to regulate pollution from refineries, putting frontline communities at risk.
We want strong climate legislation in California that protects local communities from polluters.
Instead of voting for legislation written by oil industry lobbyists, our legislators should be supporting real climate solutions -- like SB 100, a bill that would move California to 100% clean energy by 2045.
With Donald Trump and his cronies dictating energy policy in Washington, it's more important than ever for California to lead the way forward with bold, ambitious, and just climate policy. Now isn't the time for concessions, it's time for leadership.
Together, we can stiffen the spines of our representatives and help pave the way forward to a 100% renewable energy system that works for all.
350.org is building a global climate movement. Become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong and growing.
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Friday, July 14, 2017
[SDCPJ] Fwd: California: Tell your Legislators to stand up to Big Oil
- ► 2018 (176)
- [SDCPJ] Sat., Aug. 12 - No Housing, No Choice: The...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: THE ALFRED OLANGO 39TH BIRTHDAY MARCH...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: The Fight Isn’t Over. Join the ACLU a...
- Ralph Nader Brilliantly Explains The Collapse Of T...
- Criminalizing Critics of Israel: Congress Consider...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Standing Up – Intervening in Communit...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: STOP Trump & Alt-Reich: Activist San D...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: California: Tell your Legislators to ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: One Week to GO: Roy Zimmerman's "ReZ...
- Naomi Klein: How to Resist Trump's Shock Doctrine ...
- Full Interview: Naomi Klein on "No Is Not Enough: ...
- Naomi Klein: The Worst Is Yet to Come with Trump, ...
- HEIST Who Stole the American Dream FULL FILM
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)