Forming ethical coalitions that stand for peace, human rights, the environment, social justice and prosperity.
What is Patriotism
Welcome to the Progressive Thinkers
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- Películas Zeitgeist en español
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Saturday, March 26, 2011
[SDCPJ] Benefit Concert for Japan -- Two! on Sat 4/2
featuring John Kaizan Neptune, with Reiko Obata
Each one hour with light refreshments
WHEN: Saturday, APRIL 2nd
Matinee 2:00pm (children welcome)
WHERE: Brethren Peace Park Campus
3850 Westgate Pl., San Diego CA 92105
Suggested Donation: $10 (no one turned away)
All proceeds will benefit the victims of the recent Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
Please make checks payable to: First Church of the Brethren (memo: Japan Relief)
John Kaizan Neptune is among the top masters of the Japanese bamboo flute, called shakuhachi. Well-known in Japan, he is an accomplished jazz artist and composer who has gained respect in both the East and West for his versatile and technically sophisticated melting pot of sounds.
Reiko Obata is one of the leading American koto players. A native Californian, she studied under masters in the U.S. and Japan. Her music has been featured on radio and in film and live theatre, and she has recorded CDs of her own compositions and arrangements.
Help spread the word! Download the flyer at http://www.sdfriendscenter.org
For more info email: email@example.com or leave a message 619-263-9301
Sponsored by The Friends Center collaborators:
American Friends Service Committee
San Diego First Church of the Brethren
San Diego Friends Meeting (Quakers)
Peace Resource Center of San Diego
Posted by Walter Davis at 12:16 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The Hidden Enemy
Raise the Minimum Wage
My New Book About Sudan
Ceasar's Messiah Movie Trailer
The Dark Side of Coffee Trade
Miko Peled "The General's Son" Exposes Israeli Lies
Are these Your Heros?
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Stephen Fry on Catholisism
Juanita Ayson on Accupuncture
Interview with Congressman Filner
Free Trade Enslaves Us All
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- [SDCPJ] On April 4th, We Are One! Join the Nationw...
- [SDCPJ] Al-Awda Convention: Onward, United and Str...
- [SDCPJ] Sat., April 9 - Revolution in the Arab Wor...
- [SDCPJ] Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream
- [SDCPJ] Ray McGovern @ SDCC April 14
- [SDCPJ] Book events: Cohn, and Chemerinsky
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SDCPJ meeting, Monday March 28, 7 PM
- [SDCPJ] VFP Homeless Flier - Please Forward
- [SDCPJ] Ken Secor
- [SDCPJ] Benefit Concert for Japan -- Two! on Sat 4/2
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Pledge to Resist FBI & Grand Jury Rep...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: abbajerry sent you a video: "Rally to...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE FORWARD: Mon. March 21 @ 7pm ~ ACTI...
- [SDCPJ] Photos - 8th Anniversary War at Iraq
- [SDCPJ] FW: [isosandiego] Fwd: Let Malalai Joya sp...
- [SDCPJ] End our Wars - SATURDAY
- [SDCPJ] Please Help! State Big Box Bill
- [SDCPJ] TONIGHT: Juan Melendez- Exonerated Death R...
- [SDCPJ] March 19 - End the Wars! - San Diego 12-3:...
- [SDCPJ] FW: Forum on War and Peace: ISLAMOPHOBIA ...
- [SDCPJ] Moveon Rally Tuesday Mar 15 6pm- Please come!
- [SDCPJ] Video Needed for March 19 Anti-War Demo
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SDCPJ meeting, Monday 3/14, 7 PM
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Defend the Dream Moveon Rally: Tuesday...
- [SDCPJ] Urgent: Stop SB 251, automatic draft regis...
- [SDCPJ] Anti-LGBT Violence Rally in North Park, Sa...
- Re: [SDCPJ] Solidarity from WI to San Diego: Upcom...
- [SDCPJ] March 19 - End the Wars! - please circulat...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: activist musicians, emma's revolution ...
- [SDCPJ] Palestine Children's Relief fund - fundraiser
- [SDCPJ] Reminder: Friends Center Opening! Mar 11-1...
- [SDCPJ] More???!
- [SDCPJ] Rally, March, and Speakout against Anti-LG...
- [SDCPJ] The Military Resistance Organization: Mont...
- [SDCPJ] TOMORROW! All out March 2nd National Day o...
- [SDCPJ] Invitation to Propose a Workshop- Cultivat...
- ▼ March (36)
- ► 2010 (396)
- ► 2009 (407)
- ► 2008 (348)
Post a Comment