Below and attached is the agenda for Monday night's meeting of the San Diego Coalition for Peace & Justice. Also attached are revised drafts of a potential Palestine position statement and a background discussion paper. Discussion of the Palestine position paper will be a major item for our agenda, please do come, and please come prepared to discuss and come to consensus.
SAN DIEGO COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
3850 Westgate Place, San Diego, CA 92105
Monday, October 25, 2010 – 7:00 PM
Facilitator: Rick Greenblatt
Next SDCPJ meeting: Monday, November 8 (to be confirmed). Facilitator_____________
Note taker for this evening's meeting will be _________________________
Minutes from October 11 meeting
Final Action Item
Palestine - position paper on Palestine and Israel
New Business/Report Backs/Updates:
-- Report Back: Oct. 6-16, week of nation-wide events marking 9 yrs. of Afghan occupation; including October 7 - International Day of Action - San Diego - SDCPJ participation
-- Update: Oct. 23-29 "Iraq and Afghanistan Memorial to Life" @ Cal State San Marcos (see material below under "Items/Announcements")
-- Update: San Diego Community Radio Project
Strategic Planning/Perspectives/Activities and Direction
-- Discussion: Planning for future program sessions (speakers, films, etc.)
Announcements (see attachments for some items)
Break Outs: as needed
SDCPJ DECISION-MAKING PROCESS:As a coalition, the San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice is comprised of people from a wide variety of social, political, ideological, and cultural backgrounds. In order to come to decisions that encompass the diversity of opinions in our group, we work with a modified consensus model. At times, the process can feel tedious. It is up to each of us to minimize tediousness by avoiding repetition of points already voiced and recognizing that consensus does not necessarily mean that we discuss everything until everyone present agrees on every detail. The facilitator may wrap up a topic about which there are differences simply by asking if the group can accept a dominant position, even though some people still disagree. The goal of consensus is to come to decisions with which everyone is comfortable. This allows us to maintain as broad a base as possible and to not alienate any of our members.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
[SDCPJ] SDCPJ, Monday Oct 25-Agenda and Materials
- ► 2019 (43)
- ► 2018 (176)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- [SDCPJ] Souplantation Fundraiser for Palestine Chi...
- [SDCPJ] REMINDER: Sat, Oct 30th 7-11pm. Susan West...
- [SDCPJ] Cultivating Compassion. An Empathic Commun...
- [SDCPJ] Gardeners for Peace video
- [SDCPJ] Redistribute, SDCPJ Monday Oct 25-Agenda a...
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ, Monday Oct 25-Agenda and Materials
- The US Dollar is Doomed
- ElVideoLiberal sent you a video: "Lindsey Williams...
- Fwd: The Covert Origins of the Af-Pak War – The Ro...
- [SDCPJ] Call for Agenda Items - SDCPJ, Monday Oct....
- [SDCPJ] THURS, Oct. 21st 7pm SD Community Radio P...
- [SDCPJ] LCLAA benefit dance
- [SDCPJ] Formatted - Saturday, October 30th 7-11pm....
- [SDCPJ] FW: day school
- [SDCPJ] Israel Raid on Gaza Flotilla: US Failure t...
- [SDCPJ] Saving our Citizens Homes and Halting Fore...
- Reconsider Columbus Day
- [SDCPJ] -Oct. 18 - Monday 7 pm Oct. 18 - A Worksho...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda-Monday Oct. 11 SDCPJ
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: TODAY SAT. Oct. 9th - 11AM-4PM [10 AR...
- [SDCPJ] Call for Agenda Items, SDCPJ Monday Oct. 1...
- 10 films the US Government would rather you not se...
- The Road to World War III – The Global Banking Car...
- [SDCPJ] Oct. 9th - 11AM-4PM Immigration Rights and...
- [SDCPJ] Please take a second to protect over 400 a...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [NLGMassdefense] SFLC: Condemns FBI Ra...
- [SDCPJ] Calling All Unemployed to the One Nation R...
- ▼ October (27)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)