From the San Diego Animal Defense Team
For the first time in the history of the Del Mar horse races, four members of the San Diego Animal Defense Team successfully infiltrated Opening Day AKA Hat Day on July 21, wearing large hats protesting the cruelty of horse racing.
The team officially entered the Opening Day hat contest, sponsored by track officials and billed as "The One and Only Truly Fabulous Hats Contest." They then joined the Parade of Hats, potentially exposing thousands of horse race fans to creative visuals of the cruel reality of racing.
Each hat was individually crafted. One featured "My Pretty (Dead) Pony." Another boldly stated "Racing Kills." The third was topped with three dead horses and a tombstone engraved with "Del Mar 2009 -- 13 horses dead / 2010 -- ???" The fourth hat featured a prominent banner: "Remembering the valiant horses who gave their lives for 'sport,' " trimmed with ghost horses with targets on them.
The Animal Defense Team has scheduled its annual protest outside of the track entrance. PLEASE JOIN US! EVERONE IS WELCOME AND NEEDED! Bring signs, water and your compassion for the victims of an industry based on greed, drugging, deception and death. This is the third annual ADT protest at the Del Mar Races.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
11:30 AM - 1 PM
This is the $1 Million Pacific Classic Day,
the biggest purse of the season. Post time is at 1 PM
The intersection of Jimmy Durante Blvd. and Via de la Valle,
under the Del Mar marquee at the corner.
The losers of Del Mar's richest "betting" day will far outweigh the winners and death is imminent. Seven out of ten horses are slaughtered in the U.S., not because they are in pain, suffering or living with a terminal illness -- they are slaughtered because their owners don't want them anymore. For the thoroughbred, the risk of death is greater if they are injured or they finish last where the turf meets the surf in Del Mar. If your favorite horse doesn't make a good showing in the race, chances are the next stop is the slaughterhouse.
Information: firstname.lastname@example.org and the Racehorse Memorial Wall scrollsequus.blogspot.com
The San Diego Animal Defense Team denounces all forms of "animal entertainment" for human pleasure. Whips, beatings, starvation and isolation are all a part of "training" an animal for human command and control. There is nothing exciting about suffering and pain.
Please do not support animal entertainment
of any kind, beginning with horse racing.
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Saturday, July 24, 2010
[SDCPJ] Del Mar: Cruel As Ever /Protest August 28!
- ► 2018 (104)
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- [SDCPJ] Photos of SD immigration Rights Rally 7/29...
- [SDCPJ] Anti-militarist Web site recently updated
- [SDCPJ] ASAP- Decide now...PROTEST ARIZONA'S LEGAL...
- [zmoc] New Meetup: Press Release: "Response to the...
- [Blackwater] Mon. 5/17: Jeremy Scahill at Caltech ...
- Fw: Getting hitched in East County: Our weddings s...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [AL-AWDA-San-Diego] Emergency Demonstr...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego Community Radio Project; ORGANIZ...
- [SDCPJ] Del Mar: Cruel As Ever /Protest August 28!...
- Zeitgeist Movement Radio Address - June 30th '10
- Sustainable Energy Week 2010
- [SDCPJ] Upcoming networking luncheon on 7/21/10
- [SDCPJ] Another World is Possible
- [SDCPJ] March with Amnesty International at Pride ...
- [SDCPJ] Updated and new online resources for count...
- [SDCPJ] Talking Points - Parcel Tax - 7/13 Hearing...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Losing in Afghanistan
- [SDCPJ] Donate to the Ricardo Dominguez/b.a.n.g. l...
- [SDCPJ] Thurs, July 1, 6 - 9:30 pm ; People not Co...
- ▼ July (20)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)