Please join us for this Monday evening meeting of SDCPJ - agenda below and attached. Plenty of important issues to address and guide!
SAN DIEGO COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
- In the Peace Resource Center Office At the Friends Center -
3850 Westgate Place, San Diego, CA 92105
Monday, September 8, 2014 – 7:00 PM
Note taker for this evening's meeting will be:
Next regular SDCPJ meeting: Monday, Sept. 22, 2014 (to be confirmed)
"So much ingenuity to wage war, still no clue how to wage peace. I am living in a mad house."
- Update – Final preparation for Murrieta/Temecula Interfaith Committee (Craig)
- Discussion: Palestine/Gaza - Gaza/BDS/US Campaign national conference in San Diego Sept. 19-21
- Discussion: People's Climate March, NY Sept. 20-21 – San Diego march Sept. 21
- Discussion: Oct. 4 "Global Day of Action" / "Keep Space for Peace" Week October 4-11 (may be part of drone work discussion)
- Discussion: SDCPJ Perspectives for Future – cont. discussion
***NOTE: Information about events listed here can be found on SDCPJ's website www.sdcpj.org or at www.prcsd.org/webcalendar or at www.ActivistSanDiego.org
SDCPJ DECISION-MAKING PROCESS:
As a coalition, the San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice is comprised of people from a wide variety of social, political, ideological, and cultural backgrounds. In order to come to decisions that encompass the diversity of opinions in our group, we work with a modified consensus model. At times, the process can feel tedious. It is up to each of us to minimize tediousness by avoiding repetition of points already voiced and recognizing that consensus does not necessarily mean that we discuss everything until everyone present agrees on every detail. The facilitator may wrap up a topic about which there are differences simply by asking if the group can accept a dominant position, even though some people still disagree. The goal of consensus is to come to decisions with which everyone is comfortable. This allows us to maintain as broad a base as possible and to not alienate any of our members.