Below and attached please find the agenda for the San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice meeting of next Monday, Nov. 8. Also attached is a revised draft position paper on Palestine, which will be discussed on Monday. Gina Cameron will facilitate this Monday's meeting.
SAN DIEGO COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
3850 Westgate Place, San Diego, CA 92105
Monday, November 8, 2010 – 7:00 PM
Facilitator: Gina Cameron
Next SDCPJ meeting: Monday, November 8 (to be confirmed). Facilitator_____________
Note taker for this evening's meeting will be _________________________
Minutes from October 25, 2010 meeting
Palestine - position paper on Palestine and Israel
New Business/Report Backs/Updates:
-- New Business: Activist San Diego event on police harassment and what to do about it (see info. below under Announcements), Monday Nov. 15, 7 PM (ref: "Incident Report" below)
-- Final Report Back: Oct. 23-29 "Iraq and Afghanistan Memorial to Life" @ Cal State San Marcos (see material below under "Items/Announcements")
-- Update: San Diego Community Radio Project
Strategic Planning/Perspectives/Activities and Direction
-- Discussion: Planning for future program sessions (speakers, films, etc.)
Announcements (see attachments for some items)
Break Outs: as needed
SDCPJ DECISION-MAKING PROCESS:
As a coalition, the San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice is comprised of people from a wide variety of social, political, ideological, and cultural backgrounds. In order to come to decisions that encompass the diversity of opinions in our group, we work with a modified consensus model. At times, the process can feel tedious. It is up to each of us to minimize tediousness by avoiding repetition of points already voiced and recognizing that consensus does not necessarily mean that we discuss everything until everyone present agrees on every detail. The facilitator may wrap up a topic about which there are differences simply by asking if the group can accept a dominant position, even though some people still disagree. The goal of consensus is to come to decisions with which everyone is comfortable. This allows us to maintain as broad a base as possible and to not alienate any of our members.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
[SDCPJ] SDCPJ - Meeting Agenda, Monday Nov. 8, 7PM
- ► 2017 (197)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- [SDCPJ] URGENT SDUSD BOARD MEETING Regulate Recrui...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: School board will vote on military re...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE FORWARD: Activist Holiday Party -Mo...
- [SDCPJ] BIG BOX Ordinance sent to Mayor -- CALL TO...
- [SDCPJ] Bi-National Conference Border Issues -- Co...
- [SDCPJ] Reminder: Souper Supper TONIGHT!
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ - Monday Nov. 22, 7PM - AGENDA
- [SDCPJ] Call for Agenda Items, SDCPJ - Monday Nov....
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Urgent! Black Friday!
- MarilynMItchell is Interviewed by Laura Thompson o...
- [SDCPJ] Binantional Friendship Garden - This Sat 1...
- [SDCPJ] TONIGHT: ASD & NLG TOWN HALL: Stand Up Aga...
- [SDCPJ] Palestine - Peace and Justice - SDCPJ Posi...
- [SDCPJ] Amira Hass Lecture at SDSU [1 Attachment]
- [SDCPJ] Occupation 101 at SDSU & Panel Discussion ...
- [SDCPJ] Binantional Friendship Garden - Sat Nov. 2...
- [SDCPJ] Please post to the City Heights list: ( Es...
- [SDCPJ] ASD & NLG TOWN HALL: Stand Up Against Stat...
- [SDCPJ] Peace Center Souper Supper Nov 21st!
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ - Meeting Agenda, Monday Nov. 8, 7PM...
- [SDCPJ] FW: Forum on War and Peace: Rally to Prote...
- Uhuru Media Training
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)