Dear Carol ,
What a night. As you may know, the U.S. Senate voted late last night to reject a partial repeal of the ACA (Obamacare) that would have left 26 million people without health insurance and also defunded Planned Parenthood.
Many of you have already called, rallied, and showed up to protest irresponsible attacks on people's access to health care and women's reproductive rights. We need you to keep calling, showing up and speaking out, because although yesterday's "skinny repeal" amendment failed, many in Congress remain determined to deny health care to millions of Americans.
The fight isn't over! Blocking access to health care and Planned Parenthood literally puts millions of lives on the line.
TOMORROW, Saturday, July 29, the San Diego ACLU will join our local Planned Parenthood affiliate at an "Our Lives On The Line" rally in Balboa Park to tell lawmakers "NO" to attacks on women, health care, our families and our communities. This rally will be one of many occurring throughout the country as part of Planned Parenthood's national effort to keep attention focused on this critical issue. I invite you to join us as we stand in solidarity with Planned Parenthood.
Saturday, July 29 from 10:00am-12:00pm
Balboa Park (Corner of 6th Avenue and Laurel Street)
When you arrive, please look out for ACLU Organizer Cassie Purdy, who will be wearing an ACLU t-shirt. You can also reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-559-7313.
This is a big moment to make our voices heard, and we need to make it count. Please join us!
David Trujillo | Advocacy Director
ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties
P.O. Box 87131, San Diego, CA 92138-7131
P.O. BOX 87131
San Diego, CA 92138
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Friday, July 28, 2017
[SDCPJ] Fwd: The Fight Isn’t Over. Join the ACLU at Saturday’s “Our Lives On The Line” Rally with Planned Parenthood.
- [SDCPJ] Sat., Aug. 12 - No Housing, No Choice: The...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: THE ALFRED OLANGO 39TH BIRTHDAY MARCH...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: The Fight Isn’t Over. Join the ACLU a...
- Ralph Nader Brilliantly Explains The Collapse Of T...
- Criminalizing Critics of Israel: Congress Consider...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Standing Up – Intervening in Communit...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: STOP Trump & Alt-Reich: Activist San D...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: California: Tell your Legislators to ...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: One Week to GO: Roy Zimmerman's "ReZ...
- Naomi Klein: How to Resist Trump's Shock Doctrine ...
- Full Interview: Naomi Klein on "No Is Not Enough: ...
- Naomi Klein: The Worst Is Yet to Come with Trump, ...
- HEIST Who Stole the American Dream FULL FILM
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)