Date: April 15, 2017 at 2:03:06 AM PDT
Subject: Powerful Opportunities for Movement Building till May Day
Powerful Opportunities for Movement Building till May Day
Sat. 10 AM Tax Day Protest; Show us Trump Taxes; Stop War Taxes! April 17: ASD Community Member Meeting: Prep for Science March, EarthDay, Climate March, May DayApril 29: People's Climate March
April 23: EarthDay Balboa Park; Join ASD & KNSJ at Booth
April 29: ASD & Vets for Peace Movie Night
May 1: MayDay March & Gen. Strike!
Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Join thousands of San Diegans to build the resistance movement during the next 3 weeks!
Let's get organized!
Intersection between environment, workers rights, science, and Peace-making!Activist San Diego is calling on San Diegans to come together this month to discuss the issues that affect the livelihood of immigrants, working people, LGBTQ, women and POC in our community. We need a United Front for the struggle ahead. We need to build a loving community of resistance. (PLEASE attend or email us at email@example.com or 619-283-1100 to be put on our mailing list for future.)
An amazing opportunity to reach 1000s
ASD would like to work with you for social justice!
Major mobilizations and Events:
● Tax Day Protests: April 15 10-noon: Join Activist San Diego & thousands of San Diegans on Saturday, April 15th, to protest Donald Trump and his family's numerous conflicts-of-interest. As we protest Trump, we also acknowledge that Trump's conflicts are a symptom of a deeper problem in our tax structure, and the structure of our economy as-a-whole; that ultra-wealthy and profitable corporations READ MORE
● Activist Community Membership Meeting Monday, April 17, 7pm Join Activist San Diego for our membership meeting. Everyone is invited. Get involved. These next few weeks are packed with more activity than any other since the Trump Inauguration. Come find out how to build for the events and spread the word. Need LOTS of volunteers and members helping out. Hear Reps from Science March, EarthDay, Climate March and May Day actions. Join us! Call 619-283-1100 MORE INFO
● April 19; Multi-Faith Leaders in "Faith not Fear Summit Faith Leaders Expect Nearly 1,000 at First-Ever Faith Not Fear Summit San Diego Organizing Project (SDOP) The multi-faith gathering will launch community-driven actions to support residents living in fear from unjust immigration and deportation policies, mass incarceration, racial profiling, religious intolerance and an unpredictable healthcare system. Read More
● Science March: Sat. April 22nd Need LOTS of volunteers and members helping greet the public. KNSJ Live Broadcast. Want to help? March for Science is an effort comprised of hundreds of independent, nonpartisan coordinators. Recent rhetoric has inspired the coordination of the March for Science on Washington. In solidarity Read More
● Earth Day (Sunday, 23rd of April) With 60,000 in Balboa Park we need LOTS of volunteers and members helping at our booth. This is a chance to meet thousands. ASD Booth at World Beat Center. KNSJ Booth at east side of House of Pacific Relations, south of Organ Pavilion. Join us for the fun! Call 619-283-1100
● Climate March - Sat. April 29, 10 AM - 2 PM Waterfront Park 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92101, steps on the west side. RSVP and get materials: http://peoplesclimatesd.org/ ASD Info on the event
KNSJ Booth will feature a LIVE BROADCAST! You can be a part. Call 619-283-1100
● SD Premier Screening! PAYING THE PRICE FOR PEACE: The Story of S. Brian Willson, Sat., April 29th, 7:00 PM The Joyce Beers Community Center
3900 Vermont Street, San Diego 92103. Q&A with Associate Producer Frank Dorrel after the Screening. Vietnam veteran S. Brian Willson paid the price for peace as he was run over and nearly killed by a military train during a non-violent protest More information on ASD Calendar Please attend this moving event.
● May Day - May 1st - ASD is participating in the coalition efforts by the SEIU union and Justice for Janitors. Also supporting Union del Barrio and others. Details to be announced - See ASD Calendar -- 3 coalitions exist and still not sure what will be decided. Details TBA
● Activist San Diego leadership elections, June 19 - Juneteenth! ASD has its annual elections for the Board of Directors on the 3rd Monday of June. If you are interested in getting involved or running for the Activist board or joining committees, please contact ASD Board President Buki Domingos at info@ActivistSanDiego.org
It's Giving Tuesday
Please Read this!
Activist Alert, an urgent request"Giving Tuesday" is a national campaign to bring funds to the causes that are dear to your heart.If the Trump agenda has you furious and worried about the future YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!Since 1999: For 18 years Activist San Diego has been organizing for the causes consistent with your values. We have sponsored or co-sponsored over 700 social justice events!2001 - 2011 Activist San Diego was a co-initiator of the San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice and worked for more than a decade to end the wars aggression in the Middle East. ASD organized against the torture of prisoners and the destruction of Fallujah. We sponsored "gold-star father" Fernando Suarez del Solar on national & International tours for peace.2011 ASD played a strong supportive roll in Occupy SD
2012 -2013 Activist San Diego organized for immigrant rights 2014-2015 ASD co-founded the Black and Brown Lives Matter Coalition helping lead many of the public mobilizations against police shootings.In May of 2016 ASD formed the "Love tRumps Hate Solidarity Network" which called clergy, labor, immigrant groups and youth together for a press conference and rally outside of the Civic Center when Donald Trump came to San Diego during the campaign our totally peaceful and positive mobilization was met by police misconduct.And while we did all this grassroots activism, ASD founded the first Community Radio station in San Diego. KNSJ is the 1st local station to air Ralph Nader, Thom Hartmann & Democracy Now! with Amy Goodman. KNSJ has more Environmental, women's, labor, local musicians, and Standing Rock/Native news than all the rest of the radio stations in the county combined!ASD COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOUR MEMBERSHIP AND SUPPORT.
A special invite to become a member and participant of ASD and KNSJ.0rg
Join nowNov. 2016 The day after the US elections ASD called a press conference and mobilization downtown to highlight the fears that are resonating in many communities and to show determination that we will not to let the Trump administration turn back the gains of the last 50 years.URGENCY!ASD relies on YOU the grassroots donor for 95% of our support. A powerful and effective grassroots movement-building strategy depends on your donation.
Today we face the biggest challenge of our lifetimes! We need your help!
This 'Giving Tuesday' become a member and click on the link and pledge $ 5 to $25 a month or give a one-time donation to kick organizing it into high gear to build a resistance movement that will make you proud... We're going to make Trump's head spin.
If you would like to help ASD donate crafts to sell, please call 619-283-1100
Get involved with Activist San Diego,
networking for social justice:
For info 619-283-1100
Thanks to the 200 + who supported and attended the Peoples Ball on a cold rainy night. It was our biggest Gala and Extravaganza of the year on January 20th, Inauguration Day,
Listen to KNSJ.org and KNSJ 89.1 fm
KNSJ, is the only radio station in San Diego that brings you programs such as Democracy Now with Amy Goodman, The Thom Hartmann Show, Ralph Nader Radio Hour,be announced.Martin Eder 619-871-9354
We Do the Work, Native America Calling, as well as local programs including local news and events with East County Magazine, Laugh in your Face, Talk of the Town, Food for Thought, and Gentle Jabs.
Want to become a sponsor or a donate to the silent auction. call 619-283-1100.
PLEASE 'like us' on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/KNSJfm
Not a member/donor yet?
Donate with pride
Today, please consider giving a sustaining contribution of
$5 to $25 a month
to grow an Activist Resistance to stop Trumps divisive politics - click on "Donate Now"
We are still 100% volunteer driven, but we want to offer more effective social justice leadership and local action.
It is as easy as clicking the Donate Now button at www.ActivistSanDiego.org
Your support comes with the continuing satisfaction that you are empowering San Diego and supporting your values.
Thank YOU from all of us!
PO Box 5631,
San Diego 92165
We need to raise $8,000 NOW! We are a 100% volunteer organization, but we need to step up our game with your help. We to need to train the next generation of young activist, stand with native peoples, organize and mobilize with unprecedented effectiveness. For this we need resources.
Make A Donation
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Facebook
Forward to a Friend Copyright © 2017 Activist San Diego, All rights reserved.
You joined the list through www.activistsandiego.org
Our mailing address is:
Activist San Diego
4246 Wightman Street, San Diego, CASan Diego, CA 92105
Add us to your address book