- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Monday, January 27, 2014
Any form of government can be abusive to its citizens. Some how, the capitalists have convinced democracies around the world that capitalism is NOT abusive. Only communism and socialism are abusive the pound into our heads.
It is not communism or socialism that have shipped our jobs overseas, hoarded money, stolen our houses in foreclosures, destroyed our environment in the name of profit and sent our children off to die in wars ...in the name of profit.
Some how, the people ....who put our society and communities...in the central focus...have become the bad guys (communists, socialists, union members) ...and those who want to profit no matter what happens to our communities..are now...the good guys.
The people who open large corporations...take all the profits out of our communities are the good guys. Look around the country...strip malls...the same old story...same old cancer...7/11, Walmart, McDonalds, Carls Junior, Sallys, Burger King, Coke, Pepsi (with their cancerous caramel flavored drinks), Chevron, Shell, Arco....CEOs that make billions while our kids...or families get paid very little...the dollar does not circulate in our community...it is vacuumed up immediately and our fire departments...police departments...schools suffer from lack of funding.
This is a very good article, that puts this American tragedy into perspective. We are screwed unless we look at history, learn the true meaning of words like communism, socialism (the eastern European forms were not pure...just as our democracy is not pure)...and...we must unite...we must hold our government, and businesses.....and media accountable...and stop playing the public affairs game.
Read this excellent article by Johnny Hill of Liberal America. Pass it on....savor it...take action.
Consider joining me on a worldwide campaign to counter the disaster public affairs has brought upon us.
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Friday, January 24, 2014
http://www.democracyatwork.info/about/Democracy in the Work Place is working in Mondragone, Spain. We can have democracy in the work place.
Thursday, January 23, 2014
On the last Wed. in August in 1963, more than 250,000 people converged for the March on Washington, concerned about civil rights and the direction of our country. Martin Luther King Jr. also gave his famous "I have a dream" speech this day. But the Aug. 28th event was just one of many important moments within the Civil Rights movement. Much was accomplished both before and after, but today there is still more work to be done...
We invite you to dream & express your ideas, individually or with a group, through your own choice of medium, such as song, dance, visual art, poetry, photography, essays, puppetry, sculpture, speech, etc.
Sunday, January 26, 10:30 am
A Brief History of Humanism
plus muffins and HFSD elections
See-Scan (follow signs for visitors)
3855 Ruffin Road, San Diego
Learn about the development of humanism from from the time of the ancient Greek philosophers through its decline in Europe during the Dark Ages until the Renaissance followed by the Enlightenment... Please rsvp so we can buy enough muffins! More
Saturday, February 8, 8:00 am to Noon
Habitat Restoration - Mission Trails Regional Park - Humanity on Call
Join "Humanity on Call" partners to make this world - the only world we know of, a better place.
Assist park rangers with exotic plant eradication, habitat protection, and re-vegetation projects. For details visit our website here
Tuesday, February 11, 6:00 pm
Feeding San Diego
with Humanity on Call
9455 Waples Street #135, San Diego
Volunteers help with a variety of projects, all focused around sorting, cleaning, bagging, and boxing food before it is distributed to hungry families throughout our community. This is an excellent opportunity for family participation and a gateway to mentoring your children in the Humanist tradition. Volunteers must register... More
Wednesday, February 12, 7:00 pm
Dan Barker Debates Catholic Apologist
(and they have a lot to apologize for!)
University of San Diego
God: Supreme Being or
Dan Barker, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, will be debating local Catholic apologist Trent Horn from Catholic Answers. Admission is free. More
JOIN THE HUMANIST FELLOWSHIP
We'd love to have you as a member!
The Humanist Fellowship of San Diego is dedicated to advancing the principles and values of Humanism, and encouraging a reliance on rational thinking rather than superstitious dogma. The generous contributions of our donors and volunteers help us to meet the intellectual and social needs of our members, and insure that Humanism has an active presence in the San Diego community.
Throughout the year the Fellowship offers lectures and discussions, a monthly book club, films, picnics, holiday celebrations, an active presence on Facebook, Twitter and Meetup, and outreach to underserved populations including seniors and children. Our board members provide active leadership within the San Diego freethought community and at secular events such as Earth Fair, Pride Parade, Light the Night Walk, State Chapter of the Secular Coalition for America, Secular Outreach in Balboa Park, and the American Humanist Association Conference. See Events
If you have already responded to our request to join or donate to the Fellowship, thank you! If not, please consider joining or renewing your membership today. All contributions to HFSD are tax deductible, and you are welcome to earmark your donation for a particular purpose.
JOIN or DONATE ONLINE $30 Individual, $40 Family, $20 Student/Military/Fixed Income, $500 Lifetime, $60 Business Membership (listing on our website)
Member, Board of Directors
American Humanist Association
We'd love to have you as a member of the Humanist Fellowship
HFSD depends entirely upon volunteers and member contributions.
All dues and donations to HFSD are tax deductible.
Monday, January 20, 2014
Vandenberg's Role in US Global Domination
Implications of US "Pivot" into the Asia-Pacific
22nd Annual Space Organizing Conference
March 14-16, 2014
Santa Barbara, California
Friday, March 14
2:00 pm Hospitality lounge & Conference registration at La Casa de Maria Retreat Center (800 El Bosque Rd, Santa Barbara). All guests should check in at the registration office, and then proceed to Casa San Ysidro.
3:30 pm Leave for Vandenberg AFB
4:00 – 5:30 Vigil at Vandenberg AFB
6:00 – 7:30 Dinner at Casa San Ysidro house
- Welcome by Dennis Apel (Guadalupe Catholic Worker House)
- Music by Holly Gwinn Graham (Olympia, Washington)
8:00 – 9:30 Showing of Ghosts of Jeju documentary film
Saturday, March 15
7:30 am Breakfast at Casa San Ysidro house
9:00 – 11:00 Introductions and local updates
11:15 – 12:00 Presentation by Bard Wormdal (Norwegian journalist) on his book The Satellite War
12:00 – 1:30 Lunch and awards
3:00 - 4:00 Presentation by Tamara Lorincz (Canadian activist) on Conversion & Demilitarisation
5:15 – 6:15 pm Dinner
6:30 pm Move to Trinity Episcopal Church (1500 State Street)
7:00 – 9:00 Community program at Trinity Episcopal Church (free and open to public)
- Welcome by David Krieger (Nuclear Age Peace Foundation)
- Dennis Apel (Guadalupe Catholic Worker House)
- Dave Webb (GN Chairperson, Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, Leeds, UK)
- Andrew Lichterman (Western States Legal Foundation)
- Christine Hong (Korea Policy Institute and US Santa Cruz)
- Mary Beth Sullivan (Social worker & peace conversion activist, Bath, Maine)
- Music by Tom Neilson & Holly Gwinn Graham
Sunday, March 16
7:30 am Breakfast
9:00 am – 12:00 Global Network annual membership meeting (Election of board, coordinator's report, budget review, strategy & planning discussion, next meeting decisions, 2014 Keep Space for Peace Week theme)
1:00 Check out of retreat center
□ Please sign me up for a sleeping space at the retreat center on March 14 & 15. Enclosed is _________ (Pay what you can best afford between $50-$150) Meals are included.
□ Please send me local hotel information in the Santa Barbara area.Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space
PO Box 652
Brunswick, ME 04011
Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth. ~Henry David Thoreau
Sunday, January 19, 2014
[SDCPJ] PLEASE FORWARD: ASD & KNSJ 89.1 FM Live Music & Performance Event - ARTS & ACTIVISM COMMUNITY MIXER
Activist San Diego and KNSJ 89.1 FM RADIO EVENT -
ARTS & ACTIVISM COMMUNITY MIXER
JAN 2Oth 7PM * JOYCE BEERS COMMUNITY CENTER
Live Music & Performance Event
Yoshi - My mission is to spread love and raise consciousness through Hiphop music as well as my lifestyle, inspiring others and having fun doing so.
Poetiic - Anything Is Possible - she does nothing from selfish ambition, she is a profound yet humble performer and community host - Poetiic AIMS TO MOTIVATE and have fun in the midst of it all - Be entertained folks - hear ye' Poetiic!
PlayBir -: Street raised . Street made . Street sane . A standing icon for all who are helpless against thy self. : SobirLivin' .
CCC - Community Coaching Center - Hosted by IncludeAutism.org
Include Autism is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization dedicated to providing services that instill community-wide autism inclusion. Our focal program,Community Coaching (CC) program, takes Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and social skill training to a new level by providing a unique service that takes therapy "on-the-go", into the community. Community Coaching provides natural, hands-on opportunities for our program participants to develop adaptive, functional skills needed to become included in their community. For individuals and families that require additional support in the home setting in order to more safely and successfully transition to the more integrated community learning environment, Include Autism now offers an in-home ABA therapy option, Discovery Link. Our Autism Inclusion Training, Volunteer/Peer Pals, and Baseball Leagues offer the community opportunities to understand, accept, and include individuals diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder into their organizational communities.
Designed Beanies 4 U | Trying to motivate people to show their unique side. Instead of the cookie cutter look.
My name is Lisa Guerrero the owner and designer of a unique one of a kind, hand crocheted beanies, slouchies, hats, headbands, baby blankets and more. I learned to crochet at the tender age of 8 years old by a family friend. I hurt my back 5 years ago so I've not been able to find employment. While I decided a few years ago I needed to make my own income. So I put what I've learned as a child towards my future and started making crocheted items. Now I don't make the old designs your granny wore but you'll find the up to date looks as well as my new designs. I listen to the client and give you what your looking for a unique look that's all yours.
Don't get caught wearing the same thing everyone else is wearing!!! Be unique, wear your team colors and stand out in the crowd. Match that outfit or toss on a slouchie in the rush of morning. Turn a bad hair day into a "wow" you look good with a headband, loose slouchie with holes, so even if its hot you get air flow and stay cool but look good.
I also have been trying to motivate the musicians to promote your name on a beanie not a big name like Nike. Yes they're great and you're wearing them on your feet, but there not paying you to promote their name. Get the public to recognize your name as an artist. I do custom orders as well.
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Educating Our Communities on Solutions to Help Military Families 01/18 by SDCommunityCoalition | Military Podcasts
Friday, January 17, 2014
EXCELLENT PLANNING SOFTWARE.
Thursday, January 16, 2014
We Loved It! DivorceCorp Documentary Shows Why Parents Knew What They Were Talking About All Along–Finally! « California Coalition for Families and Children, PBC
Federal Court in Ciavarella “Kids For Cash” Case Issues Groundbreaking Ruling: State Court Judge’s Acts Not Immune from Conspiracy and RICO « California Coalition for Families and Children, PBC
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Over the past few months SanDiego350.org has held 3 Keystone (KXL) Pledge of Resistance trainings to prepare participants for peaceful, dignified civil disobedience. Our goal is to pressure President Obama to live up to his inaugural statement "We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations" by rejecting the Keystone Pipeline and moving forward with a bold climate plan. Over 60 people have been trained so far in San Diego. Our goal is 100. This is part of a national pledge of resistance organized by Credo, Rainforest Action Network, and The Other 98%, which over 75,000 people across the country have signed.
It has been incredibly inspiring to join with a group of people who are deeply committed to climate action. Participants have spoken movingly about their concern for their children, grandchildren, and people around the country and the world who are already seeing significant climate impacts. Time is short for us to avert the worst impacts of climate and we believe it is time for climate activists to get out of their comfort zones and follow in the footsteps of Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, Alice Paul, Nelson Mandela and the millions of people who have successfully used nonviolent civil disobedience to advance just causes like civil rights and women's suffrage.
San Diego has been asked to be one of 3 groups that will hold its KXL civil disobedience action shortly after the State Department publishes the final Environmental Impact Report (assuming it echoes the draft EIS in recommending the project move forward). This early action is intended to show the seriousness of the national campaign and its participants around the country. No one knows when the EIS will be released, but it could be at any time now. We have a great leadership team that is working to get our logistics set up to be ready to go when our group is called.
Please take one or more of these three steps TODAY to help make this a successful campaign:
1) RSVP NOW: For our next training, this coming Saturday: January 11, 2014, 9:00am-1:30pm in La Jolla (location sent w/ confirmation)
2) DONATE / PLEDGE NOW: Make a donation to help cover fines (or a pledge to help with bail) for some of our courageous participants who need help with funds
3) SPREAD THE WORD: To others who may be able to participate or donate via email, social media, etc.
We can't do this without you! Please act today, and feel free to contact us with questions.
On behalf of the many awesome activists working on this project,
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- Blogger: BlogThis!
- The American Dream Has Been Hijacked by Capitalist...
- Robert Greenwald's "Koch Brothers Exposed" (Full)
- Poverty is Not an Accident
- Robert Reich ..How to deal with Low Wage Employers...
- Angry Conservatives
- Justin Bieber
- Lets try Democracy at Work and Worker Self Directi...
- 'Obama' filmmaker charged in NY in campaign fraud ...
- Pan African Film Festival | Black films & art from...
- [SDCPJ] "Arts for Peace" extension!
- Humanist Fellowship of San Diego Upcoming Events
- The Money Masters ~ Full Movie
- Hidden Colors 2011 Watch Full Movie
- Veteran gay conservative activist: "No hope for th...
- Stop Fracking
- Why is it Easier?
- Jewish Man Exposes Israel's Lies
- Peru To Provide Free Solar Power To 2 Million Of I...
- Google Search Operators - Google Guide
- [SDCPJ] Anti-militarist Web site recently updated
- [SDCPJ] GN Conference in Santa Barbara - Please fw...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE FORWARD: ASD & KNSJ 89.1 FM Live Mu...
- Weightier Matter - Domestic dispute industry refor...
- Weightier Matter - Domestic dispute industry refor...
- [SDCPJ] SUPPORT SD Vets for Peace - SUNDAY MLK Par...
- Educating Our Communities on Solutions to Help Mil...
- Take Action | Democracy At Work
- FreeMind | Free Audio & Video software downloads a...
- Russell Johnson, the Professor on 'Gilligan's Isla...
- Home_A Christmas Wish for Elizabeth
- We Loved It! DivorceCorp Documentary Shows Why Par...
- Federal Court in Ciavarella “Kids For Cash” Case I...
- Arsenio Hall Breaks Down Over the Late Whitney Hou...
- Fortune 500 2012 - CEO pay vs. our salaries - FORT...
- Senator Boxer Dirty Money
- Feinstein Dirty Oil Money
- Scotta case Letter Federal Attorney General re Dem...
- 5 Twitter Marketing Tactics for Building a Huge Fa...
- [SDCPJ] Why we need YOU to join the Keystone Pledg...
- [SDCPJ] SDCPJ! Yes, meeting Monday night at Frien...
- SustainUS Agents of Change Coordinator
- [SDCPJ] Tuesday, January 14, 2014, at 5:30 p.m PRO...
- Dirty Oil Money
- Dirty Energy Money - Oil Change International
- Report: House Of Representatives Voted 109 Times T...
- Denounce the Republican Rape Audit Bill | LeftActi...
- Progress in San Diego: Marissa Ugarte Discusses Hu...
- Progress in San Diego: Walter Davis Interviews Dr....
- Walter Davis Interviews Common Cause
- David P. Branfman - MCAI LA/OC ENTERTAINMENT LAW P...
- Gov. Jan Brewer Dissolves Child Welfare Agency - A...
- MINIMUM WAGE
- We have had enough with the two of them!
- How the NSA Almost Killed the Internet | Threat Le...
- C.P.S. is Government KIDNAPING says WEIDNER
- The War On Drugs Is a Failure
- A New Threat To Homeschoolers
- Arizona CPS Covered Up Murder Missing Foster Child...
- Contractors Reap $138 Billion from Iraq War, Chene...
- "Kids for Cash" Judge Ciavarella Found Liable for ...
- Psychiatrist admitted on his death bed that ADHD w...
- Senate Republicans Kill Unemployment Insurance
- [SDCPJ] Nonviolence Connections... A Force More Po...
- [SDCPJ] Are YOU doing "Arts for Peace" ? Submissio...
- [SDCPJ] AGENDA - 1/13, 7 PM - San Diego Coalition ...
- [SDCPJ] Sat. Jan. 25 ~ Tribute Concert to Musical ...
- How to tell if your dog is involved in a sex scand...
- John Perkins: Confessions of an Economic HIt Man
- [SDCPJ] Saturday! ~ RALLY TO DEFEND TRANS* RIGHTS!...
- [SDCPJ] Celebration of Life: Lyle "Rocky" Neptun S...
- Big Oil
- Zora Neale Hurston - Wikipedia, the free encyclope...
- [SDCPJ] Jan 11th ~ RALLY TO DEFEND TRANS* RIGHTS!
- Socialists Have a Victory in America: Seattle's Ks...
- 5 Top Tips for Content Marketing Success - Jeffbul...
- Dr. Oz Discusses Belly Fat & Why You Should Get a ...
- The Earth Was Created for All of Us
- No apologies for being liberal
- Wealth Inequality
- Join Us For a Series of Internet Radio Shows
- [SDCPJ] National Lawyers Guild Applauds the Compas...
- ▼ January (84)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)