From: Raymond Lutz
Sent: Nov 19, 2011 9:26 PM
Subject: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 11/20
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!Note: The format has changed... Links are not shown explicitly. Please use Web Version for best viewing experience. Let me know if you have any trouble viewing this email!
- http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov20 -- Web Version of this page, for best viewing.
- Occupy San Diego Email Blasts -- Archive of all Email Blasts
- Occupy San Diego -- Main Occupy San Diego wiki project page
- Detail pages: All Occupy San Diego Media; Occupy San Diego Events; All Occupy San Diego Announcements
- Occupy San Diego Calendar -- Month-at-a-glance calendar
- DONATE HERE -- This is the only official donation page. Do not use other "scammer" sites! (Please Donate today!!!)
- The occupation continues, around the clock.
- PLEASE COME DOWN when you can and help with numbers. This is your true vote. Stay at home = vote against 99%.
- Tents and almost everything is now being restricted by the police.
- Food is needed -- we no longer have a food table, so you'll have to play it by ear.
- We will not be denied our constitutional right to assemble and speak!
- Many Teach-ins on Sunday!
From an emailNow police are trying to starve the Occupiers out of Civic Center. They actually stopped a lady and told her she couldn't bring 2 pizzas into Civic Center. She could only bring in what she could consume. A young lady mic checked (yelled/asked what was happening) real quick and the crowd ran up and got some pizza. The young lady then asked them/SDPD to stop making up laws that don't exist and the female cop threatened to arrest her for Public Intoxication.
I think it is a shame that the City Council and the Mayor are using the SDPD to harass and annoy these young people who are only trying to exercise their rights to peaceably protest, under the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Their right to assembly and their right of free speech has been infringed upon by the SD City Government - all of it and you all should be ashamed of yourselves!
- GA notes -- will be sent as a separate email blast, when available.
- Hunger Strike -- John Kenney continues his hunger strike, now in day 12. He is requesting that the City come to the table and discuss the right of Occupy San Diego to conduct protests in the form of an encampment.
- All Occupy San Diego Media -- Visit this web page to review all prior media collected for email blasts.
- The 99%'s Deficit Proposal: How to create jobs, reduce the wealth divide and control spending -- Prepared by Occupy Washington DC, Freedom Plaza, November 2011 -- No one can ever say the Occupy Movement does not create decent proposals. This one is detailed, extensive, and right on target, at least for the budget issues.
- Muse -- Uprising to Occupy Video -- Hot one! Match with popular culture will mean it will spread even more. (and much better than their original lame video.)
- NY Times: Occupy Wall Street has Plenty of Potential
- Carl DeMaio's Fundraiser Deemed "Disgusting" and "Publicity Stunt" by Occupy San Diego Spokesperson -- ha ha, almost missed this one.
- Occupy San Diego Responds to Raid, Inaugurates Occupy Mission Bay
- Raw Footage of Pepper Spraying Students at UC Davis
- News report of same -- "Was it appropriate?" -- Police Chief: "That was the decision that was made." Sounds like an inability to answer the question.
- Police Pepper-Spray Peaceful UC Davis Students: Ask Chancellor Katehi to Resign! -- Join University of California at Davis Assistant Professor Nathan Brown in calling for the resignation of UC Davis Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi for her failure to protect UC Davis student's First Amendment right to assemble, or even their physical safety.
- Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi walks to her car -- After the pepper spraying video, you have to watch this one. VERY POWERFUL. Massive crowds in complete silence as she walks to her car. "Do you still feel threatened by the students?" she is asked.
- Democrats are darlings of Wall St. -- But Republicans are even worse. So this is why the Occupy Movement is necessary. The two parties are largely both in bed with the banks, and they are split based on social issues, which are arguably just distractions.
- Lobbying Firm's Memo Spells Out Plan to Undermine #OWS: -- The actual document by the lobbying firm on behalf of the American Bankers Association. They propose to search out all the personal records of the OWS activists - ostensibly to use for attacks on credibility - for a fee of $850,000. they know the OWS is dangerous - especially if they converge with the Tea Party - bonus time is coming up for Wall St. soon.
- WHAT COMES NEXT? -- Jeoffry Gordon suggests Occupy evolve into a more conventional party structure.
- Rep. Deutch Introduces OCCUPIED Constitutional Amendment To Ban Corporate Money In Politics -- In one of the greatest signs yet that the 99 Percenters are having an impact, Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL), a member of the House Judiciary Committee, today introduced an amendment that would ban corporate money in politics and end corporate personhood once and for all.
All Occupy San Diego Announcements to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
Unless noted, all events are at "Freedom Square" (the San Diego Civic Center Plaza, 1200 3rd Ave. San Diego, Intersection of 3rd Ave. and B St.)
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- Each committee should send a representative to this meeting! Budget is currently being defined.
- 5:30 pm -- Committee meetings -- many meet at the "big circle" (the part of the plaza where there's map of San Diego in a big circle) with very few exceptions.
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
- Occupy San Diego Calendar -- Month-at-a-glance format with all planned events shown.
- Occupy San Diego Events -- list of all events, past and present, listed in the email blast, with detailed information. (Edit this to add events)
- 20 Nov 2011 - (12p-4p) - Occupy Corners in Chula Vista -- Corners of F St and 4th Ave, F St. and 3rd ave, G St and 3rd ave.
- 20 Nov 2011 - (11:00a-1:00p) - Teach-In at Freedom Square:Discussion about the OWS List of Grievances called 'Declaration of the Occupation of New York City'
- 20 Nov 2011 - (1:00p-2:00p) - Teach-In at Freedom Square:How Privatization and Outsourcing Benefits the 1%, Norma Rodriguez, Center for Policy Initatives
- 20 Nov 2011 - (2:00p-3:00p) - Teach-In at Freedom Square:The Poetry of Revolution: Milton's Satan, Abe Stoll, Associate Professor of English, University of San Diego
- 20 Nov 2011 - (3:00p-4:30p) - Teach-In at Freedom Square:Who is the 99% and how do we build unity? Abel Macias, Chicano Studies, San Diego City College & Party for Socialism and Liberation
- 20 Nov 2011 - (4:30p) - Fair Farm Bill Workshop
- Description: The farm bill is the largest federal agriculture bill that passes through the government every 5 years. The next one is due for 2012, which we will be speaking on the breakdown of the food system, the bill itself and how we can advocate for a fair farm bill that empowers farmers and consumers to eat and produce sustainable, organic, local, equitable (SOLE) food, as oppose to the current system of commercial export-based agriculture. We will be speaking specifically to the potential super committee action that would take away the entire democratic process by cutting the farm bill funding anf passing the previous bill on November 23rd without any congressional or citizen input. We will be proposing actions to ensure that our government represents our voice and needs.
- Presenters: Kenzie Mc Donald? and Fernanda Decampos
- Organizations: Food and Water Watch and International Rescue Committee
- Okay to film.
- Link: http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/food/farm-bill-2012/
- 22 Nov 2011 - (2:30p) - Court Hearing on TRO (Temp. Restraining Order) regarding Municipal Code 54.0110 -- federal district court with Judge William Hayes in Courtroom 4 (Fourth Floor). The court is located on 940 Front Street (between Broadway and F Street). Read lawsuit documents -- NOTE: I Have conflicting info that there is a case in state court at the same time. Can someone clear this up?
- 22 Nov 2011 - (6:00p-9:00p) - Civil disobedience workshop and training,Hal Brody of the Peace Resource Center of San Diego, 3850 Westgate Place, San Diego, CA 92105 To RSVP/more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 23 Nov 2011 - Occupy Your Corner -- Occupy Your Street Corner esp. at lunch or at any time and on any corner.
- 25 Nov 2011 - Protest during the busiest shopping day of year : Black Friday -- https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123698691073724
- 14 Dec 2011 - (7p) -- Occupy SD benefit concert featuring Liquid Blue and other music and speakers at The Ruby Room, 1271 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
- $5 cover charge. ALL proceeds go to OSD.
- This is a chance for everyone to support the movement. Invite your friends and others who might not be in a position to "occupy" on a regular basis but believe in the cause. All music will be socially conscious. Featuring originals as well as classic protest songs from the likes of Dylan, Springsteen, Lennon, Green Day and more.
- About Liquid Blue - The world's most traveled band has performed in 115 countries. Their recent Top-10 Billboard dance hit, Earth Passport is a song about world peace and features vocals in nine languages. The band is the first and only "certified green" act in San Diego and have a long history of activism.
- Occupy North County
- Regular Events: Saturdays, Highway 101 & Encinitas Blvd, starting at noon.
- 12:00 PM - Teach in, orientation and committee meetings
- 1:00 PM- RALLY
- 2:00 PM - General Assembly
- Occupy Oceanside
- Next event: November 14th at 4pm, starting at Oceanside Civic Center. March at 4pm, GA at 5pm.
- Occupy Escondido
- Organizing & they are talking about occupying soon. They meet twice a week for now, but the days and times change.
- They want more input on the next meeting on their FB page
- Occupy Mira Mesa
- Occupy Mission Bay
- Occupy Imperial County
- Meet and Greet Potluck - Nov 19 (11a-2p) Adams Park, El Centro
- Bring a blanket to sit on and a dish to share (if you are capable, no one turned away!)
- Family event, children activities will be provided.
- email@example.com / 760-540-5088
- Women Occupy San Diego
- Occupy Chula Vista
- Occupy San Diego SDSU
- Occupy Mesa College
- People's Assembly at UCSD (in solidarity with Occupy Wall St.)
- Occupy Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM)
- Occupy Together
- Interoccupy Group Consensus Proposal -- proposes a mechanism for accepting proposals for processing so as to reach global consensus.
- National Occupy Conference Calls: There are weekly conference calls between Occupy sites. We need reps from appropriate committees to join in the conference call. Unfortunately, it is Monday at 7pm, our GA time.
- Links to live streams of many occupy sites: http://www.occupystreams.org/
- Education Committee website http://www.osdedu.com]]
- Facebook Community Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-San-Diego/198003106936678
- Facebook Group Page: http://www.facebook.com/OccupySanDiego
- Facebook group page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/164668860284106/
- http://occupysandiego.org/ -- (OB Rag site.)
- http://occupysandiegoca.wordpress.com/ -- News
- http://occupysd.weebly.com/ -- Backup website
- Summary of our march on Oct 7, by Alternate Focus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNT3ZEuaxY
- Live video stream: http://www.livestream.com/occupysandiegolivefeed
- Occupy "Celly" Text Blaster:
- Sign up and get text messages whenever anyone else on the list sends one, like an email discussion list.
- To Join just text @occupysd to 23559
- Description of the service: http://textoccupy.com/about
- List of all the Occupy sites that are using the service, which they call CELLS: http://textoccupy.com/
- Web page for our CELL, which is called @occupysd: http://textoccupy.com/occupysd
- List of the SMS commands the service uses: http://cel.ly/commands
- VARIOUS FLIERS are available at this link (Thank you to Julie A. Kramer) -- http://www.julieannakramer.com/OSD.html
- http://www.movementforademocraticsociety.org -- Movement for a Democratic Society (MDS) has some interesting ideas for Occupy Movement.
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
- Go to the web version of the email blast.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
- Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
- Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
- Click COMPARE.
- This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
- At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org (Media Committee Member)
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
DISCLAIMER! Although we will do our best to make sure this list of events is accurate, changes may occur frequently! Please check your email daily to make sure and also the various web sites.
Edited by Ray Lutz with help from Email Blast Team.
Saturday, November 19, 2011
[SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 11/20
- ► 2017 (252)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- [SDCPJ] Liquid Blue Benefit for OSD December 14
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/30 & 12/01...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: We are looking for a wheel chair for J...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE From Monique Verdin: Please sign th...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Special Note... Out ...
- [SDCPJ] Civil Disobedience trainings
- [SDCPJ] Ray Lutz out of jail
- [SDCPJ] Voting registration will resume 10 a.m. We...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy LA Evition notice and more
- [SDCPJ] Press conference 7:30 p.m. tonight (Tues.)...
- [SDCPJ] Support local activist groups at the Peace...
- [SDCPJ] Photos, Ray Lutz registering voter/arrest
- [SDCPJ] Ray Lutz arrested at Civic Ctr. for settin...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/29
- [SDCPJ] Calling all cyclists! Occupy San Diego Rid...
- [SDCPJ] Interview with Scott Olsen on his release ...
- [SDCPJ] SWAT Teams Meet in San Diego; Is Occupy on...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/28
- [SDCPJ] ALERT! Senate to vote on military locknup ...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SDCPJ, Monday, 11/28, 7 PM
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/27
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] OCCUPY UPDATE 11/26
- [SDCPJ] Peaceful protest and police--UT Opinion 11...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/25
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11//24
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy SD Special
- [SDCPJ] "Inside Job" the movie; watch online for f...
- [SDCPJ] LLTV on YouTube
- [SDCPJ] Occupy San Diego Update 11/23/11
- [SDCPJ] The Turning Point: The Moral Example of UC...
- [SDCPJ] Black Friday or Buy Nothing Day?
- [SDCPJ] Occupy SD Update 11/22/11
- [SDCPJ] Militarization of Campus Police
- [SDCPJ] No War, No Warming - Activist San Diego Pr...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy 2011 The Art of a Movement Photo Di...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] OCCU-PIE tonight at 5:30p
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 11/21
- [SDCPJ] Former U.S. Poet Laureate Beaten at Occupy...
- [SDCPJ] FB link for coordinating food for/with OSD...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] ALERT ARRESTS NOW AT PLAZA
- [SDCPJ] Join in calling for resignation of UC Davi...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 11/20
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)