From: Raymond Lutz
Sent: Nov 30, 2011 8:52 PM
Subject: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/30 & 12/01
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!Occupy Update!
(Email blast delayed by a day due to arrest of Blast team member Ray Lutz.)
Please disregard any incompleteness of this one!
- http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov30 <== click here for Web Version of this page, for best viewing.
- Occupy San Diego Email Blasts -- Archive of all Email Blasts
- Occupy San Diego -- Main Occupy San Diego wiki project page
- Detail pages: All Occupy San Diego Media; Occupy San Diego Events; All Occupy San Diego Announcements
- Occupy San Diego Calendar -- Month-at-a-glance calendar
- DONATE HERE -- This is the only official donation page. Do not use other "scammer" sites! (Please Donate today!!!)
- -- Please use this email address when sending information or responding to this email blast: email@example.com
THIS IS A NEW PROCEDURE to allow multiple team members to be involved in creating the blast emails.
- If you have an event you want us to include, please use this submission form: http://www.copswiki.org/Occupy/SubmitEvent
Arrested while Registering Voters
NOTICE TO MEDIA / DISCLAIMER
Occupy San Diego is comprised of many people
with diverse opinions. This email does not provide
the official position of Occupy San Diego, but is
compiled for the use of supporters and occupiers
by a number of volunteers.
News Media that may subscribe to this email blast
should confirm all information from other sources.
- Raymond Lutz arrested!
- Lutz arrested while engaging in the peaceful political activity of voter registration at Civic Center Plaza.
- Video of this event now going viral as people cannot believe an arrest of someone just doing voter registration.
- Lutz booked for trespassing. Hearing scheduled for Jan 10. $1,000 bail provided with no fee by Golden Boy bail bonds.
- Press Conference in support of Lutz was planned for 7:30 pm on Tuesday, November 29th at Civic Center Plaza.
- Owner/Operators of Civic Center Office Building include Goldman Sachs, hedge funds and Wall St. Banks -- a who's who of the criminal banking industry 0.1%
- Ray Lutz has filed a lawsuit against the owners and operators of the Civic Center Plaza building, that invoked the citizens arrest.
- Press conference held Nov 30 at 5pm to announce the lawsuit.
- Attorney Michael Aguirre will handle the case on contingency basis, but we still will need to fund-raise for court costs and fees, for war chest and defense fund.
- Fundraising will be set up shortly separate from OSD funds.
- I daresay they will be very sorry they stepped over this line.
- The ACLU is considering taking up a case to test Pruneyard for the case like what we have in San Diego: The public square where part of it is owned by a private party, and the fact that voters who were registering were not allowed to complete their registrations.
- (I thank email blast team for getting most of this ready... I am too tired to do much this time around.)
- Many other people set up registration tables to challenge the building to try more arrests.
- Occupiers "re-occupied" the Civic Center Plaza at 5pm, Monday, November 28
- As 5pm got closer, police presence increased. Down the street, the Sheriff's Dept had uncounted officers in riot gear.
- 35 tents were carried into the Civic Center Plaza and erected as promised.
- But they were miniature tents. Ha ha, the joke is on the police and their ridiculous reactions.
- Hunger Strike -- John Kenney continues his hunger strike, now in day 23. He is requesting that the City come to the table and discuss the right of Occupy San Diego to conduct protests in the form of an encampment. John is now sick and I am starting to worry about his health.
- Need to get a wheelchair for John at this point as he is feeling weak. Any donations?
- Jury Trial for Randy Wolling, AKA "Sage" commenced with jury selection. This should be done by today and first evidence will be presented.
- Sage was sitting on the sidewalk after the second raid. He is charged with impeding an officer, and illegal assembly.
- He has been in jail since Oct 28, over a month due to two other previous charges outstanding: meditating on Blacks Beach and being on Blacks Beach before 6am.
- I can't believe they are wasting their time and money on this. No wonder our government is low on money.
- Final arguments to be presented on Dec 1. Be at courtroom at about 9:30am to support Sage. VERY IMPORTANT
Despite what you might hear on the corporate-owned news:
- The occupation continues, around the clock.
- PLEASE COME DOWN when you can and help with numbers. This is your true vote. Stay at home = vote against 99%.
- Tents and almost everything is now being restricted by the police.
- Food is needed -- we no longer have a food table, so you'll have to play it by ear.
- We will not be denied our constitutional right to assemble and speak!
- Many Teach-ins on Sunday!
http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov30 <== click here to see the rest of the report.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
[SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/30 & 12/01
- ► 2017 (234)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- [SDCPJ] Liquid Blue Benefit for OSD December 14
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/30 & 12/01...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: We are looking for a wheel chair for J...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE From Monique Verdin: Please sign th...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Special Note... Out ...
- [SDCPJ] Civil Disobedience trainings
- [SDCPJ] Ray Lutz out of jail
- [SDCPJ] Voting registration will resume 10 a.m. We...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy LA Evition notice and more
- [SDCPJ] Press conference 7:30 p.m. tonight (Tues.)...
- [SDCPJ] Support local activist groups at the Peace...
- [SDCPJ] Photos, Ray Lutz registering voter/arrest
- [SDCPJ] Ray Lutz arrested at Civic Ctr. for settin...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/29
- [SDCPJ] Calling all cyclists! Occupy San Diego Rid...
- [SDCPJ] Interview with Scott Olsen on his release ...
- [SDCPJ] SWAT Teams Meet in San Diego; Is Occupy on...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/28
- [SDCPJ] ALERT! Senate to vote on military locknup ...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SDCPJ, Monday, 11/28, 7 PM
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/27
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] OCCUPY UPDATE 11/26
- [SDCPJ] Peaceful protest and police--UT Opinion 11...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/25
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11//24
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy SD Special
- [SDCPJ] "Inside Job" the movie; watch online for f...
- [SDCPJ] LLTV on YouTube
- [SDCPJ] Occupy San Diego Update 11/23/11
- [SDCPJ] The Turning Point: The Moral Example of UC...
- [SDCPJ] Black Friday or Buy Nothing Day?
- [SDCPJ] Occupy SD Update 11/22/11
- [SDCPJ] Militarization of Campus Police
- [SDCPJ] No War, No Warming - Activist San Diego Pr...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy 2011 The Art of a Movement Photo Di...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] OCCU-PIE tonight at 5:30p
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 11/21
- [SDCPJ] Former U.S. Poet Laureate Beaten at Occupy...
- [SDCPJ] FB link for coordinating food for/with OSD...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] ALERT ARRESTS NOW AT PLAZA
- [SDCPJ] Join in calling for resignation of UC Davi...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 11/20
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)