From: Raymond Lutz
Sent: Nov 25, 2011 3:18 AM
Subject: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/25
[We will try something new in this blast, a short form report here, and much more at the link provided.
Read this directly for top headlines, click the link for better viewing (pictures, etc.) or to get the whole report.
Thank you for the emails of thanks... sorry we can't always say thank you back, but we do appreciate your support!]
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!Occupy Update!
- http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov25 <== click here for Web Version of this page, for best viewing.
- Occupy San Diego Email Blasts -- Archive of all Email Blasts
- Occupy San Diego -- Main Occupy San Diego wiki project page
- Detail pages: All Occupy San Diego Media; Occupy San Diego Events; All Occupy San Diego Announcements
- Occupy San Diego Calendar -- Month-at-a-glance calendar
- DONATE HERE -- This is the only official donation page. Do not use other "scammer" sites! (Please Donate today!!!)
THANKSGIVING not too happy thanks to early morning raid by SDPD, arresting three individuals.
- One man in wheelchair roughed up and kicked, see video: http://www.archive.org/details/ArrestAtFreedomPlazaSanDiegoOnThanksgivingMorning
- From Ben Katz / Martha Sullivan:Early this morning, Thanksgiving Day, the San Diego Police arrested three individuals around 2 AM. The first, a disabled man who uses a wheelchair, was arrested for "indecent exposure" after urinating in a bottle. The second two for sleeping in public. Essentially, all three were arrested for the crime of being poor and homeless. But as has become clear, this is selective enforcement. Throughout the city of San Diego, these "crimes" are committed. However, they are only enforced in the Civic Center Plaza. They are only enforced where the homeless have become politically active, as part of the nationwide Occupy Wall Street movement. This has become abundantly clear to me as I have regularly spent time at the Civic Center Plaza since the original Occupation on October 8th. It is truly shameful that Mayor Jerry Sanders is directing this, that Police Chief Lansdowne allows his police force to be misused for political repression, and our City Council stands by passively and allows it to continue.
- This was a heartless and despicable act by the SDPD on Thanksgiving morning. I believe they use these arbitrary arrests in a little game the police are trying to play called, "you do what we want, and we won't engage in arbitrary arrests." Frankly, the concept that the police can just arbitrarily arrest someone for the "crime" of sleeping, must be stopped. Sleeping is not a crime.
- Lori Saldana, former state Assembly member (and candidate for Congress) has announced that she will work with us to get an investigation and hearing by state officials (hopefully) here in San Diego regarding the rampant abuse and infringement of our constitutional rights, as described above. Intense scrutiny has been given to actions at UC Davis, but the despicable actions of the SDPD far exceed anything done there, but so far has been given the blind eye by officials.
- Ray Lutz will be setting up a new petition to gather signatures in support of the hearings.
- Suggest that a press release calling for the investigation and hearing, linking to the petition and detailing many of the abuses, should go out on Monday.
Despite what you might hear on the corporate-owned news:
- The occupation continues, around the clock.
- PLEASE COME DOWN when you can and help with numbers. This is your true vote. Stay at home = vote against 99%.
- Tents and almost everything is now being restricted by the police.
- Food is needed -- we no longer have a food table, so you'll have to play it by ear.
- We will not be denied our constitutional right to assemble and speak!
- Many Teach-ins on Sunday!
http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov25 <== click here to see the rest of the report.
Friday, November 25, 2011
[SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/25
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- [SDCPJ] Liquid Blue Benefit for OSD December 14
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/30 & 12/01...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: We are looking for a wheel chair for J...
- [SDCPJ] PLEASE From Monique Verdin: Please sign th...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Special Note... Out ...
- [SDCPJ] Civil Disobedience trainings
- [SDCPJ] Ray Lutz out of jail
- [SDCPJ] Voting registration will resume 10 a.m. We...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy LA Evition notice and more
- [SDCPJ] Press conference 7:30 p.m. tonight (Tues.)...
- [SDCPJ] Support local activist groups at the Peace...
- [SDCPJ] Photos, Ray Lutz registering voter/arrest
- [SDCPJ] Ray Lutz arrested at Civic Ctr. for settin...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/29
- [SDCPJ] Calling all cyclists! Occupy San Diego Rid...
- [SDCPJ] Interview with Scott Olsen on his release ...
- [SDCPJ] SWAT Teams Meet in San Diego; Is Occupy on...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/28
- [SDCPJ] ALERT! Senate to vote on military locknup ...
- [SDCPJ] Agenda: SDCPJ, Monday, 11/28, 7 PM
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/27
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] OCCUPY UPDATE 11/26
- [SDCPJ] Peaceful protest and police--UT Opinion 11...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11/25
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update 11//24
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy SD Special
- [SDCPJ] "Inside Job" the movie; watch online for f...
- [SDCPJ] LLTV on YouTube
- [SDCPJ] Occupy San Diego Update 11/23/11
- [SDCPJ] The Turning Point: The Moral Example of UC...
- [SDCPJ] Black Friday or Buy Nothing Day?
- [SDCPJ] Occupy SD Update 11/22/11
- [SDCPJ] Militarization of Campus Police
- [SDCPJ] No War, No Warming - Activist San Diego Pr...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy 2011 The Art of a Movement Photo Di...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] OCCU-PIE tonight at 5:30p
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 11/21
- [SDCPJ] Former U.S. Poet Laureate Beaten at Occupy...
- [SDCPJ] FB link for coordinating food for/with OSD...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] ALERT ARRESTS NOW AT PLAZA
- [SDCPJ] Join in calling for resignation of UC Davi...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: [OccupySD] Occupy Update for 11/20
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)