Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
WILPF and the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice invite you and your friends to participate in a consultation with U.S. State Department's Senior Policy Advisor Susan Braden, who is scheduled to visit our community to LISTEN to our concerns about women, peace and security: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 1:00 – 4:00 P.M., Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice, Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies, University of San Diego (Linda Vista).
Women, Peace and Security Consultation
1:00: Welcome: Dee Aker, Deputy Director of IPJ, a brief summary of the IPJ-convened
conference (29 September - 1 October 2010)
1:10: Overview: Women, Peace and Security and a National Action Plan
Maria Butler, Director, PeaceWomen Project--WILPF
Preview of PBS series: Women, War and Peace
Susan Braden, Senior Policy Advisor, State's Office of Global Women's Issues
Theresa De Langis, Senior Expert on Women's Human Rights in Conflict Settings
1:55: Panel Discussion: Impact of Violence on Women, Locally and Globally
Local Experts Discuss Immigration, Human Trafficking, Refugees, Domestic Violence,
Militarism, Asylum Seekers, Rape, Violence against Military Women
2:25: Discussion Circles: Civil Society Initiatives for Change and Recommendation for the
NAP: Participation, Protection, Conflict Prevention, and Restorative Justice U.S.
3:10: Report Back from Discussion Circles
3: 25: Public Testimonies/Q & A
3: 55: Closing and Wrap Up
Free. RSVP or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 619.223.8074.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
[SDCPJ] Women, Peace and Security Consultation Oct. 8
- ► 2017 (261)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- Great Nation of Change Article
- [SDCPJ] Women, Peace and Security Consultation Oct...
- [SDCPJ] KPBS interview re: Occupy San Diego
- [SDCPJ] SD/Imperial Labor Council supports Occupy ...
- [SDCPJ] Finalized demand statement from Occupy Wal...
- [SDCPJ] OK - Now its time
- [SDCPJ] Important press release from Occupy San Di...
- [SDCPJ] Volunteers Needed! (this week & next)
- [SDCPJ] Police arrest more than 700 on Brooklyn Br...
- [SDCPJ] Occupy Wall Street Statement and Demands
- [SDCPJ] Occupy San Diego
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)